Home

I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

This is a discussion on I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #65
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

I happen to suffer from RDS too. Its a different kind, however. I usually get bored during a season and then sim to the end of the year, but one of the ways I make my dynasty stay fresh is:

A: Tracking the players in my Belltown High School Dynasty when they head to college

B: Making relatives of certain stars

For Example:
QB Corey Manziel (Starter at Texas A&M, cousin of Johnny Football)
QB Zach Gardner (Brother of Michigan QB Devin Gardner, plays at Michigan)
QB Bryce Payton (Son of Sean Payton, Starts at Rutgers)
WR Tim Biakabutuka (Starts at Michigan, Son of Tim Biakabutuka who real Michigan fans would know lol)
QB Cody Leaf (Brother of QB Ryan Leaf, Starts at Washington State)

And that's only a few of the many that I have created.

C: Start out as Offensive Coordinator in game, but pretend that you are really a position coach. The way I do it, my coaching carousel will look like this:

Position Coach 2 years at bad school - Position Coach 2 years at good school - Offensive Coordinatot 2 years at bad school.... etc. That adds another 4 years of working your way to the top.

And also, how do you change what coach you control?

Last edited by NewscasterNews4; 01-06-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #66
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
I happen to suffer from RDS too. Its a different kind, however. I usually get bored during a season and then sim to the end of the year, but one of the ways I make my dynasty stay fresh is:

A: Tracking the players in my Belltown High School Dynasty when they head to college

B: Making relatives of certain stars

For Example:
QB Corey Manziel (Starter at Texas A&M, cousin of Johnny Football)
QB Zach Gardner (Brother of Michigan QB Devin Gardner, plays at Michigan)
QB Bryce Payton (Son of Sean Payton, Starts at Rutgers)
WR Tim Biakabutuka (Starts at Michigan, Son of Tim Biakabutuka who real Michigan fans would know lol)
QB Cody Leaf (Brother of QB Ryan Leaf, Starts at Washington State)

And that's only a few of the many that I have created.

C: Start out as Offensive Coordinator in game, but pretend that you are really a position coach. The way I do it, my coaching carousel will look like this:

Position Coach 2 years at bad school - Position Coach 2 years at good school - Offensive Coordinatot 2 years at bad school.... etc. That adds another 4 years of working your way to the top.

And also, how do you change what coach you control?
Two questions
1.What do you mean tracking players from your Belltown High School Dynasty? Like you create players from your team an put them in recruiting base.
2. How did you get the relatives to go to same school as their relatives?
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-03-2014, 10:25 PM   #67
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
Two questions
1.What do you mean tracking players from your Belltown High School Dynasty? Like you create players from your team an put them in recruiting base.
2. How did you get the relatives to go to same school as their relatives?
1. Yes.

2. I edit a player already on their team and up their ratings so they start.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #68
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Okay I might do the first one from now on based on what class they are in. For the second one I'm thinking about doing something like that, and adding in relatives from other sports,( LeBron James, Jr.) and creating them in recruiting base.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-04-2014, 08:18 AM   #69
Rookie

CantGetRight84's Arena

I think that everyone has this syndrome a little bit. It usually happens after I watch a game on TV, especially if its a team that i dont watch much that has a standout player or interesting offense
Old 01-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #70
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

After suffering with next gen 2k problems I got my NCAA 14 itch. Thanks to this thread, I've began playing the game once again. Started a dynasty as the OC for Texas State.

Last edited by AntiBandwagoner; 01-05-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #71
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I'm terrible. Just absolutely terrible with this. I get an idea that I want to do for a dynasty and start it up. I enjoy it for a couple of days...but then I see a better idea someone had or just get bored with my current dynasty. In the past I have had the dynasty where I end up changing coaching jobs what seems like very single offseason. But then I have also had the ones where I try to stick to just one team. It never fails. I get bored with it and feel like I could have picked a better route.

Currently I started a dynasty where I took over in year 2 (tried simming year 1 to be fairly close to what happened in football this year) as the OC for Kentucky. In year 2 I am dominating the SEC with Jalen Whitlow and I'll likely be in line to get a good HC job. This is what I wanted to happen...

But then I come on here and see somebody's signature where they are tracking where they have coached in their dynasty. Starting as an OC for a small program, then a big program, then a HC for a small program, then a big program. All for a couple of years. And I realize that seems way more fun than what I am currently doing. Now I'm wanting to quit my Kentucky dynasty and start doing something like that...

But then at the same time I know I'll end up getting bored and probably school hopping every year and not form any sort of longevity with any team.

Anyone else suffer from this problem? Anyone have any potential solutions? I think I need medication

I suffer this same problem with every game. I will start then see a better roster and restart and before I know it the season is over and I am on to another sport. Im really bad with NBA2k with restarting, so I decided I would not start a Association until every player gets added in except for a couple scrubs like a Chris Smith before editing and starting. This use to not be a issue but 2k has messed things up that using 2k share rosters glitches games.
Now that I wont be buying a PS4 anytime soon and I wont spend the money for any more games for the PS3 I think I will break this habit. I just got a great roster for NCAA football and fired up a dynasty that will continue until I get a PS4 and I dont see me buying a PS4 for atleast a year if not longer.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #72
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
After suffering with next gen 2k problems I got my NCAA 14 itch. Thanks to this thread, I've began playing the game once again. Started a dynasty as the OC for Texas State.
glad I could help lol. That's exactly what I did. OC at Texas State for 2 years then went to Northwestern for 3 years as OC. About to start my first season as a HC with Utah, who is coming off of an 0-12 season

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »