Home

NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever??

This is a discussion on NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 08:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Yeah I Kant stop Playing the game and we know it shouldve had more on it. Like FCS schools and in depth more in Dynasty and teambuilder. But yeah its the best game out of the series as far as look and gameplay. I wish they wouldve brought back player profiles frm old gen were we kould see what each player has done and won All american and all conferance honors.
Wow. Just, wow..
Old 01-10-2015, 08:20 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Yes, without a doubt my favorite NCAA game of all time. The gameplay, dynasty depth, and customization really put this game over all of its predecessors. I'd give honorable mention to 04, 06, and 11 as iterations I thoroughly enjoyed for their respective times.

I don't know if I could give NCAA 14 the nod as best football game ever, but it's definitely in the discussion. NFL 2k4 and 2k5 would be in the running for me with each of them being ahead of their time but having some issues either with franchise mode or gameplay glitches. Purely based on gameplay I really enjoyed APF 2k8 as well, but the games modes were too shallow for it to be a contender as best ever imo.

I will say NCAA 14 has its own share of bugs and quirks but it has far fewer 'gamekilling' ones than most other football games I have played, and that alone is a big deal for me. Plus its ability to make a fun and engaging dynasty mode makes for why I keep coming back to it when Madden PS4 does something that irritates me during my CFM.

I really wish NCAA 14 was ported to PS4/XB1 last year.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #19
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

I love the NFL. I was one of those kids who got consoles ONLY for sports games. but then to take it further, it wasn't just about the game to me, I LOVED roster management, I LOVED franchise mode, and I LOVE accurate statistics and simulation.

so obviously, I had a 360 for years just for Madden, NCAA (and NBA 2k, they do get a lot right there, can't help myself).

it just got to where I got more and more frustrated with almost every element of madden. to where I had to basically stop playing the game portion, and just manage the franchise. then, they ruined sim stats, they added a bunch of stuff that didn't work, and so, I haven't even purchased an Xbox One, I have played the new Madden, and the same problems are there. Obviously I have been one of many to list the 50 some problems with madden that they just never fixed. from legacy to the really simple things...its just not worth going over again.

NCAA 14 is a fun game. it required a heck of a lot of work with slider adjustments, does have some of the frustrating things that make me want to throw my controller(never happens playing APF2k8), but ultimately the recruiting and the depth the Dynasty keeps me coming back. ever since I switched to the OS/playmaker sliders, I have had the most realistic games its just been great.

I found myself getting tired of madden very quickly. I can sit there in NCAA, just looking at the stats, how other teams are doing, what the new playbook a coach brought with him has done to a certain team....is it perfect? no. there are a lot of things that if slightly tweaked or added in would make it darn near perfect....but it sure as heck is better than madden, and this is from someone who really doesn't love college football, but loves PRO football. this game is making me change my mind a bit. If they released NCAA on Xbox One, I'd buy the thing, but until they fix the only football game we get to have on consoles, I refuse to join in on that. waste of money.

Last edited by ajk49er; 01-11-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

Madden just doesn't have a long life-span for me. I love it at first and then like it until October. By then, I'm kind of over it. Same thing every year.

NCAA, I can play any time. I don't know if it's the gameplay, presentation, recruiting, fewer games, or nature of college sports so you are constantly getting new players and things stay fresh. It just is much easier to play for longer.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #21
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Madden just doesn't have a long life-span for me. I love it at first and then like it until October. By then, I'm kind of over it. Same thing every year.

NCAA, I can play any time. I don't know if it's the gameplay, presentation, recruiting, fewer games, or nature of college sports so you are constantly getting new players and things stay fresh. It just is much easier to play for longer.

Think though, what if Madden stopped production, I bet you'd make it more fun lol. These people with NCAA 14 have turned the game into a whole new animal with new mods and such, gamers are just so resilient.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 04:31 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Think though, what if Madden stopped production, I bet you'd make it more fun lol. These people with NCAA 14 have turned the game into a whole new animal with new mods and such, gamers are just so resilient.

That would be the greatest news ever. That would most likely mean that 2k has returned and taken the market!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #23
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

This game is so good I am tempted to buy a XBOX360 or PS3 just to have it. I have a ps4 right now but miss college football so much. Madden just blows.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #24
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0

I probably said it before, but I'm going to say it again (and hopefully a little differently): What killed Madden (and yearly franchises) for me is the fact that while it's new and awesome in August, by December it's already old news and after the Super Bowl, it's last year's game. I was never big on the franchise aspects of it like I am with the dynasty modes of the NCAA series, so the re-playability for me was like 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »