Home

UVA in 2005?

This is a discussion on UVA in 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2004, 12:43 AM   #25
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: UVA in 2005?

in the ACC, not the nation. You just wait and see, our D has skillz .

All of our starters back (pretty much)
Most depth we have had, ever (according to chuck)
Linebackers are great
Potential all american Rover (strong saftey)
Great D-Line (2 frosh all americans on it Mario Williams and McCargo, also have blue chip DT in DeMario Pressely)

2-3 in the ACC IMHO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2004, 02:27 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

your linebackers are "great"? are u serious? how can a defense has horrible as yours have great linebackers? i know FSU's are better, Miami's are better, UVA's is definitely better.

if you have at best the 4th best linebackers in your conference, how great are they really?
Old 06-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #27
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Well I'm sure the rest of their D is good, they have a chance to be good, that's why they play the games though.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:16 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

NC State's best LB:Stephen Tulloch
Old 06-14-2004, 12:03 PM   #29
Rookie

Also a season ticket holder from Lynchubrg, last year I just had season tickets on the hill because I had a friend who plays, and got to sit in the players-family section. But this year I ordered reserve seats too. Offense will be solid, I think Marques Hagans will surprise a lot of people. WR's have some ?'s but getting Mike McGrew back will be big. OL is great. Front 7 is one of the best in the country. Everyone talks about Chris Canty, but they seem to overlook Schmidt and Hofmann. Andrew took it to overrated all american center Jake Grove last year when they played. Schmidt is going to have a huge year this year as well. Someone said something about a ? at our other OLB. Was that ? mark Darryl Blackstock or Kai Parham? I tihnk all our LB's are solid too, everyone seems to overlook Haley, who wont lead the team in tackles, but will make some key plays. And even if one of them goes down, we have a ton of depth, Vince Redd, Rich Bedesem to name a few. Jermaine Hardy is a very hard hitting Saftey. Look foward to seeing Marquis Weeks out there and Phillip Brown. Tony Fanklin seemed improved as the season went on. Wish we still had Willie Davis. Connor Hughes is one of the top kickers in the country. Michael Johnson will be one of the top PR's in the country. Kurt Korte looked semi-impressive in the spring game at punter, certainly a welcome addition, but dont forget about incoming freshman from PA, Chris Gorham, who might punt.

For the UNC fan, I think u guys might sneak up on us, I predict u will have a 17-3 lead, looking like u are about to score again and end the game, Weeks intercepts a pass and returns it 95 yards for a TD, then we get the ball back and Marques Hagans scores on a QB keeper, then Connor kicks a game winning FG late in the game
Old 06-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #30
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

our linebackers are great IMO. They are so fast its not even funny. I swear that stephen tulloch is a clone of levar fisher. UVa really has good 'backers as well.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:22 PM   #31
Rookie

The questionmark at OLB is because, as I understand it, Parham is an ILB in the 3-4. UVA does have a couple of very highly regarded recruits from a year ago, Vince Redd (although he may have grown into a DE), who they stole from under Tennessee's nose, and Jermaine Dias. Both were projected at OLB when they signed--any word on how they're doing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2004, 09:24 PM   #32
Rookie

Redd's up to 250 supposedly, though he's still probably skinny as hell. When your LBs include Blackstock, Parham and Brooks, it's hard to say you have a deficiency at the 4th spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »