Home

Hooray I will have the game Monday

This is a discussion on Hooray I will have the game Monday within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2004, 08:28 PM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Hooray I will have the game Monday

Quote:

X-Box slowdown for NCAA Football 2005 has been confirmed. The awkward controller and buttons combined with the occasional graphical glitches makes the X-Box second-tier in my mind.

Actually the XBOX slowdown issue has been stomped out. I have heard that from multiple sources..

Sony's online network compared to XBL make the PS2 second tier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 08:33 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

alienreb said:
About to head out for an hour. When I return, I'll find the video that the X-Box users have been worried about. It's a relatively new one (within the last two weeks) and it shows definately slowdown. One of the players is actually stuttering in place just as a play has ended. Looks very average and should be on the mind of X-Box gamers this year. It's a real possiblility (the video confirms it exists at least in beta from 2 weeks ago) that X-Box gamers should consider. It's all preference.

Umm we all have seen the videos with slowdown, but its supposed to been from betas and have been fixed. You said

Quote:

X-Box slowdown for NCAA Football 2005 has been confirmed

So how about you show us where its been confirmed instead of throwing out a video we all have seen.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #27
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

alienreb said:
About to head out for an hour. When I return, I'll find the video that the X-Box users have been worried about. It's a relatively new one (within the last two weeks) and it shows definately slowdown. One of the players is actually stuttering in place just as a play has ended. Looks very average and should be on the mind of X-Box gamers this year. It's a real possiblility (the video confirms it exists at least in beta from 2 weeks ago) that X-Box gamers should consider. It's all preference.

Umm we all have seen the videos with slowdown, but its supposed to been from betas and have been fixed. You said

Quote:

X-Box slowdown for NCAA Football 2005 has been confirmed

So how about you show us where its been confirmed instead of throwing out a video we all have seen.

first off, for anyone not knowing the exact problem. The issue wasnt slowdown. The issue was that the game felt slower, there was no slowdown; everything moved at the same speed, just slower. No choppiness, nothing, just simply slower ( like the difference between walking fast and jogging in a third person shooter.

Hopefully the sources who have played the final build are correct and the slow gamepace has been eliminated.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:52 PM   #28
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

X-Box slowdown for NCAA Football 2005 has been confirmed.

Not to be harsh but, DONT POST THAT SCAT WITHOUT PROOF. OMG I know we all have to be tired of it by now. Unless you want alot of negative feedback like this, give proof when makeing a bold statement like that. No one wants to hear it otherwise.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:18 PM   #29
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

PooDiddy said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
I don't even care what day I get it. It will be several days before the roster makers have anything to use anyway.

Not true, PS2 rosters will be available most likely by Monday evening.....

I have no desire to play this game on the PS2 ever again.

I will be getting the xbox version this year, but I will never forget the ps2 version. In fact, if something is wrong with the xbox version it will quickly find its way back to the store in exchange for the ps2 version.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:24 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have both xbox and ps2 and for any other football game I would go XBOX (Madden, ESPN) but not NCAA.

The dualshock is so much easier and comftorable for NCAA, and you actually need the 4 shoulder buttons.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:41 PM   #31
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

PooDiddy said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

PooDiddy said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
I don't even care what day I get it. It will be several days before the roster makers have anything to use anyway.

Not true, PS2 rosters will be available most likely by Monday evening.....

I have no desire to play this game on the PS2 ever again.

LOL, I know many who share the same feelings, don't know why but I still like the PS2 over the xbox, I suppose its just comfort of the controller. I hate the white and black buttons rather than having 2 triggers....

I still have both. And I agree with you about the black/white buttons. But the rest of the features plus XBL, mean that NCAA is no longer a viable option for me on the PS2.

About the controller:

One of the 3rd party XBOX controllers distributed by Gamestop has a very similar design to the PS2 controller. The white and black buttons are moved up to the shoulder of the controller above the triggers, thus making the controller fundamentally the same as the PS2 controller in terms of button layout. It's comparable in size to the 1st-party Controller S, and is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 09:43 PM   #32
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

you can use the ps2 controller on the xbox. i'm making the switch this year because my ps2 died like alot of peoples did. there are about 10 adapters all shapes and colors that will let you use dual shock, do a search its what sold me on the switch. there is also a controller with the black and white in the shoulder positions an the triggers where there normally are, acutally it feels better than the double shoulders of the dual shock but would rather the durability of the dual(you know for when i lose[if i lose i mean]lol). i have some links, hit me up if you need them. there is a post about all this on ncaa utopia somewhere from while back. anyway xbox power, ps2 feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »