Home

The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

This is a discussion on The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #473
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

Had an EMU dynasty two years ago and now I'm seeing Maxx Crosby on Hard Knocks and playing for the Raiders. Makes me want to cheer for him even more.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:35 AM   #474
Rookie

Just played my all time favorite game in over 4 years of gameplay. After spending 3 years at duke i have brought them to respectable standing. Week before had just slipped out of top 25 thanks to a 3 pt loss to 16 ranked UVA. Heading into a week 8 matchup with 2nd ranked GA tech. My starting QB was atrocious (me just trying to force passes that i shouldnt have) went 3 for 8 with 28 yds and 3 int before i pulled him in favor of my redshirt fresman backup. At this point i am down 31-0 with 4 minutes left in the first half. I then proceed to put up 28 unanswered points before Tech makes it 34-28 with about 3 minutes to go. I then march down the field and score what appeared to be a game winning TD with about 49 seconds remaining to take a 35-34 lead before i watch im horror has tech scrambles for the first down. Then throws a prayer up and comes down with it and 2 seconds remaining well inside field goal range. not many times can i lose and still be happy with the outcome. I need more games like this in my life

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #475
MVP

young22's Arena

7 years. 7 f'n years. Ugh I hate that I have to come back to NCAA every single year. Started with Oregon after simming to 2019.

Man. Madden hasn't been truly good since Madden 12. 2k has everything we want modes wise, but gameplay sucks. FIFA hasn't been truly good since FIFA 13. PES 2020 is actually very good, no major flaws gameplay wise but everything else is awful. NBA Live is dead. MLB the Show has been the same game for a decade, plus I'm not the biggest fan of baseball. The last great, not good, but great sports game I recall is probably FIFA WC 2010. I was a few months away from turning 9 when that came out.

It sucks because I only play sports games. I played the uncharted series a couple months back, good games but they have no replay value, I ran through each game in probably about 5-6 days. Here's hoping the next gen brings back sports gaming. Not holding my breath though. My 360 is gonna die eventually too, I can't keep playing on 15 year old hardware

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #476
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
7 years. 7 f'n years. Ugh I hate that I have to come back to NCAA every single year. Started with Oregon after simming to 2019.

Man. Madden hasn't been truly good since Madden 12. 2k has everything we want modes wise, but gameplay sucks. FIFA hasn't been truly good since FIFA 13. PES 2020 is actually very good, no major flaws gameplay wise but everything else is awful. NBA Live is dead. MLB the Show has been the same game for a decade, plus I'm not the biggest fan of baseball. The last great, not good, but great sports game I recall is probably FIFA WC 2010. I was a few months away from turning 9 when that came out.

It sucks because I only play sports games. I played the uncharted series a couple months back, good games but they have no replay value, I ran through each game in probably about 5-6 days. Here's hoping the next gen brings back sports gaming. Not holding my breath though. My 360 is gonna die eventually too, I can't keep playing on 15 year old hardware

I feel the exact same way. I tried a sniper game. Nope. I do love Gran Turismo Sport. I am diehard NCAA Football fan. I tried Madden and just can't get to liking it. Super Mega Baseball 2 is great. MLB the Show 14 is okay but nothing holds my interest like good ole NCAA Football.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:09 AM   #477
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:

Microtransactions are killing sports gaming, and odds are that it will only get worse. I have a bad feeling that we are in for a big disappointment if NCAA gets back into video games in this landscape. I predict that my future hobby will be refurbishing old game systems so I can continue to play the classics, lol.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:27 PM   #478
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
Microtransactions are killing sports gaming, and odds are that it will only get worse. I have a bad feeling that we are in for a big disappointment if NCAA gets back into video games in this landscape. I predict that my future hobby will be refurbishing old game systems so I can continue to play the classics, lol.
Totally agree. I'm kind of glad they stopped when they did, because NCAA would have become something like Madden, and Madden sucks. Microtransactions are the worst thing to ever happen to gaming as a whole, but especially sports gaming.

Old 01-12-2020, 04:03 PM   #479
Pro

Quote:
Totally agree. I'm kind of glad they stopped when they did, because NCAA would have become something like Madden, and Madden sucks. Microtransactions are the worst thing to ever happen to gaming as a whole, but especially sports gaming.

Right there with you, fellas. I swear, I'll play a PS1 emulator before I'll get hustled, by EA, of all companies.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:33 PM   #480
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Right there with you, fellas. I swear, I'll play a PS1 emulator before I'll get hustled, by EA, of all companies.
Absolutely. Haven't bought an EA game on release day since Madden 17. I just hate what it's come to, using a console that's not that much younger than I am because this entire generation has been garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »