Home

10 first impressions...(Long)

This is a discussion on 10 first impressions...(Long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 01:19 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 10 first impressions...(Long)

Well you do have a point there. I guess I just have to wait and see how does this work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 01:24 AM   #106
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

ADW said:
Quote:

On a side-note, the WR's drop a TON more passes this year. A TON. It plays similar to NFL2K3 where you really have to find the WIDE open man. No complaints though, 'bout time the offense got reined in. Say hello to the re-appearance of the 10-3 ballgame.

I have the XBOX version and I can vouch for this statement with the drop passes. As far as the playbooks go if you're use to playing the ESPN NFL2KX series then the number of formations in the both NCAA and Madden would be a small disappointment. The inside running game is much better especially the counter plays.

Yeah the counters are alot better, but haven't you found that you still bounce them outside 90% of the time? We did. Maybe you're a more patient runner. How do you like the presentation? Are you dissapointed, or are the gameplay improvements enough to satisfy you? Just curious for the opinion of someone else who's played it.

And Oh Yeah...Have you tried to adjust the catching sliders? I assume that would fix the problem, but we didn't mess with em. Then again I'm not sure I want it fixed. I kinda like the idea of single-digit games.

Isn't the object of counter plays to get out side about 90% of the time.

I'm no RB, nor do I play one on the internet...but to my knowledge, the counter is a misdirction designed to get the D-Line moving one way, which should open a nice hole off the opposite tackle when th O-line blocks down. I think the problem may be that the weakside 'backer was always bottled up, so once you get to the second level, theres nothing but daylight...

It may have also just been the teams we were using.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:37 AM   #107
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Isn't the object of counter plays to get out side about 90% of the time.

No.. A large amount of counters and traps are between the tackles.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:11 AM   #108
Rookie

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
I think what pisses me off the most is that these guys got the deepest pockets in the entire videogame industry. To trot out the same front end(and same end-game sequence including the QB on his knee with his head down) for 4 years running is mind-boggling and a little offensive. Is their opinion of me as a consumer THAT low? Its like if the Matrix 2 and 3 had the same exact fight footage from the first movie. At some point it becomes unacceptable.

And here is where we reach a fork in the road. EA can spend their time creating mind-boggling entrances that are specific to each team, with different endings to games depending upon the seriousness of the game. They can go all out with commentary and add dozens of unique and customizable cut-scenes.

Or, then again, they can spend their time and money making home-field advantage matter. They can make recruiting more difficult and realistic. They can increase the roster sizes to include more players in the game, along with player progression that occurs throughout the season in dynasty mode. They can add recruiting pipelines, NCAA disciplinary actions, "athletes" and position switches, transfers, and box scores for simulated games.

It's all about what your priorities are in a football game, and I know what MY priorities are.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:25 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

DrEvil1996 said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
I think what pisses me off the most is that these guys got the deepest pockets in the entire videogame industry. To trot out the same front end(and same end-game sequence including the QB on his knee with his head down) for 4 years running is mind-boggling and a little offensive. Is their opinion of me as a consumer THAT low? Its like if the Matrix 2 and 3 had the same exact fight footage from the first movie. At some point it becomes unacceptable.

And here is where we reach a fork in the road. EA can spend their time creating mind-boggling entrances that are specific to each team, with different endings to games depending upon the seriousness of the game. They can go all out with commentary and add dozens of unique and customizable cut-scenes.

Or, then again, they can spend their time and money making home-field advantage matter. They can make recruiting more difficult and realistic. They can increase the roster sizes to include more players in the game, along with player progression that occurs throughout the season in dynasty mode. They can add recruiting pipelines, NCAA disciplinary actions, "athletes" and position switches, transfers, and box scores for simulated games.

It's all about what your priorities are in a football game, and I know what MY priorities are.

We have a winner!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:29 AM   #110
Rookie

I respect your impressions. I think the fact that you are not as big of a college fan (thats what it seems) does affect your view of the game. When I play NCAA the atmosphere just makes everything better. U should check out the dynasty mode before you say f it bring on sega. I respect your impressions though I doubt I will agree with them just because it seems you are expecting it to be a game that it is not. EA plays differently then sega. Both have their advantages and both are respectable. Sega won't be EA and EA won't be sega.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:35 AM   #111
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Find out anymore on the games like Red River shootout and bowl games..how HFA works for those games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 02:44 AM   #112
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

DrEvil1996 said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:

<<<<<<<....WARNING....THE FOLLOWING POST IS THE MILLIONTH MEANINGLESS EA RANT.....OS VETS, PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER...YOU'VE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE...WARNING....>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm not really privvy to development schedules...I'm not "in the know" when it comes to design theory....

But I do know that with the sheer, obscene amount of resources EA has, they can implement every single thing you've mentioned AND make a few friggin' new cutscenes. It would be different if every annual sports game franchise had the same progression or lack therof, but some franchises re-write the entire presentation library from scratch AND implement real gameplay improvements. Look what EA Canada did with Live AND Triple-play. Those titles sales were sagging, so guess what? They both get top to bottom makeovers. How does Tiburon reward you for YOUR loyalty? By saying that "hey if it aint broke, why improve it?" Thank God every industry didn't feel that way...I'd hate to still be watching my old VCR tapes on an old black-and-white TV.

Theres no alibi's, no reasoning, no exceptions, no EXCUSE on God's green Earth why a publisher with the cash EA has ( The Sims is the top-selling entertainment software OF ALL TIME!!!!) can't hire some artists to design and implement a new fron end. Proposterous. Disney/Pixar makes entire CG movies from scratch in 2 year cycles, and you're telling me that EA couldn't spring for one new mo-cap session in 4 years?

I would imagine that you mean well and are trying to see the glass half-full, but seriously, excuse-makers like yourself are the reason EA wont get off their fat wallets. Oh well...Sorry for the rant, enjoy your game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »