Home

Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

This is a discussion on Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 10:45 AM   #17
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

Quote:

jackson said:
those that are and arent having slowdown issues, how old is you xbox and what dvd drive do you have? thomson, phillips, or samsung. this could possibly be part of the problem?

I have a samsung drive in an xbox purchased a year and 3 months ago. Though I've realized i'm not a beta tester by proxy, I don't look for all that stuff. I wouldn't have noticed the lefty glitch in MVP if it weren't for the forums, so I might just not see it, or subconsciously just not give a crap about it, so it doesn't make it's way into my thoughts.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:09 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well...if there's slowdown this year with this game and people are ticked enough...I'd expect ESPN to start going after this market as well. Which I've said in other posts...would be a good thing since having a choice ALWAYS beats not having one. If it's really bad I'll have to take it back and get the 2004 version and just mess with the rosters myself for this year.

Pathetic that EA has managed to sink this franchise this year based for the X-BOX.

I'm really starting to wonder about their "heart" for building anything but movie tie-in games...

Consider that they had A YEAR to build this version and they came up with:

1) Improved physics - Very cool indeed. But they failed to tweak the animation speeds for catches and tackles so it looks disjointed.

2) A screen that shakes - An Eye Candy Improvement... I highly doubt that 2 months from now this will affect gameplay for anyone...

3) Dynamic Controller shaking - Another pseudo-improvement...EA touting it as awesome, but its novelty wears off quickly.

4) 70 Man Rosters - Very Cool. Nuff Said.

5) HFA - Audible thing and matchup stick are actually the best two improvements here this year IMO.

I'm not disappointed in a MAJOR way. The slowdown is something I'll just have to deal with...if it's too bad...I'll just return it and get 2004 used.

What I'm disappointed in is the fact that EA was aware of the problems that existed. If these are things that are being brought up as first impressions...then quite honestly they did a lousy job finalizing the project and doing Quality Assurance testing.

I am an EA fanboy because they've generally provided a competitive product year after year. I'm just saddened to see this.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:09 AM   #19
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Damnit. I don't like hearing this at all. EA seems to half-[censored] all their products lately. It Madden last year it was the draft classes that didn't work, and now it might be a slowdown (I'll get the game around 12 to see). EA is now covered with mud on their faces.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:39 AM   #20
Rookie

I think people are forgetting that EA allowed you to send in for a replacement disc for Madden 04 last year if you were upset with the draft class issue.

Perhaps, with similar public outcry, they will handle the slowdown and issue the same offer.

I don't think belittling them (though I enjoy it as well...as you can probably tell) will encourage it. The best we can hope for is that EA owns up to the issue and says that they'll replace the XBox version with one that doesn't have such a problem.

For Madden that took like 3 weeks or so I think before they did it.

Maybe we could persuade the media folks who have a relationship with EA to bring that solution up with their press contacts. If they do so, that might be a good idea.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

Running perfect here on a halo edition xbox. I hate to see this for the others though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 11:47 AM   #22
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

medlinke said:
I think people are forgetting that EA allowed you to send in for a replacement disc for Madden 04 last year if you were upset with the draft class issue.

Oh, I remember sending in my disc perfectly. The fact is that the consumer (us) shouldn't have to go through this year after year. It's old and tiresome. "But, EA doesn't have to replace your disc!" Yes, I know that, but they should be responsible enough to not give the consumers this type of problem for a second time in a row. It's not acceptable from the "biggest sporting game company" out there.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:55 AM   #23
Rookie

I agree with you flyboy.

They should get it right the first time. I don't have my xbox copy yet so I cant comment on the slow down, but...the fact that it's a major issue here tells me enough.

EA's ownership of the problem doesn't suggest that they didn't screw up. Heck...who wants to buy a game for 50 bucks, then have to play it broken...waiting 6 weeks for a fixed version? NOBODY

It DOES suggest something about integrity. So, my post wasn't trying to wash away the stain from Madden 2004. It was merely trying to show that people shouldn't attack EA's earnestness about getting a good product out there. That little recall cost them big time I'm sure with the work they had to do to fix the problem, then re-produce the xbox cds, then to ship them out (not postage, but paying to warehouse those discs, process the returns, and get the fixed discs into the mail took manpower they had to pay).

So I don't want you to think I'm an EA Sheeple. I'm not. I'm getting ESPN this year because of my growing dissatisfaction with Madden. However...I don't think that's indicitive of the game. I went to Madden Challenge lost year and had a lot of fun.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Flyboy said:
Quote:

medlinke said:

Oh, I remember sending in my disc perfectly. The fact is that the consumer (us) shouldn't have to go through this year after year. It's old and tiresome. "But, EA doesn't have to replace your disc!" Yes, I know that, but they should be responsible enough to not give the consumers this type of problem for a second time in a row. It's not acceptable from the "biggest sporting game company" out there.

One thing I noticed is once I cahnged my screen on my xbox dash from Widescreen to normal the slowdown stopped. But just my 2cents on this whole slowing down the game thing. For those of you that think its better "because I could read the holes better", its a JOKE college and pro football is a game of SPEED and making SPLIT SECOND moves. NOT runing right and having MOUMENTUM take over and trying to cut left but you cant because you have to make a half circle before you turn. They WAY OVER DUE THIS WHOLE MOUMENTUM. I am sorry playing ESPN has ruined me I cant even play this game anymore WAY TOOOO SLOW.

PS anyone actually seen how FAST REAL COLLEGE AND PRO FOOTBALL ARE?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »