Home

Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

This is a discussion on Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 07:34 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

i been an ncaa football since it came out on the ps2 with chris winki on the cover. let me tell you that the speed of the new game is down from last year but thats for 2 reasons. 1. the weight of the players actually matters this year as u can tell by weight of the hits. you can no longer cut on a dime like maddena and break anyone. 2. ea wanted to make the game more a sim wich they did and i am happy to say that this game feels totaly different from last year in a great way. you can no loger score 60 points a game with ease. when u run the ball the speed of the running back is slower then last year but the vision u get from this is better as u can see holes open better and the new agile running system is a thing of beauty. the game has no bug of a slow down its the best game of the series yet and if u want to play me on xbox live hit me at Gmen4life. any questions i will answer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 07:50 AM   #2
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

I should recieve my copy sometime today but im glad you mentioned this. I figured that the slowdown was no big deal and that it just added to the realism of the game. I don't like for my games to be Sonic the Hedgehog fast anyway. It seems too arcadey that way. Good stuff EA.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:03 AM   #3
Rookie

bdouk's Arena

Well your copy of the game may run at a consistent speed, but mine sure doesn't. While I agree the overall gameplay is slower, this does not account for why the running game goes into "bullettime" mode when you hit the line. If they want to change the pace of the game then fine. But these are framerate issues, not game pace issues.

It is pretty obvious that some people are having problems and some aren't. The running game on my copy is almost impossible due to the dropping framerate when my back hits the line. If this issue is not addressed (and soon), I will have to return the game.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've noticed the irregular framerate as well. There is definately slow motion type movement at times. I have a new Xbox so it isn't my machine. I can't tell if the slow motion is supposed to represent loss of momentum and fatigue or if it is an actual drop in overall framerate. Haven't played emough games yet.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've seen the slowdown on both mine and my sons XBox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 08:58 AM   #6
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

infamouslover22 said:
i been an ncaa football since it came out on the ps2 with chris winki on the cover. let me tell you that the speed of the new game is down from last year but thats for 2 reasons. 1. the weight of the players actually matters this year as u can tell by weight of the hits. you can no longer cut on a dime like maddena and break anyone. 2. ea wanted to make the game more a sim wich they did and i am happy to say that this game feels totaly different from last year in a great way. you can no loger score 60 points a game with ease. when u run the ball the speed of the running back is slower then last year but the vision u get from this is better as u can see holes open better and the new agile running system is a thing of beauty. the game has no bug of a slow down its the best game of the series yet and if u want to play me on xbox live hit me at Gmen4life. any questions i will answer

We'll know for sure once I do the PS2/XBOX comparison test tonight on consolefootball.com

Sorry pal, but from what I'm seeing, it doesn't appear that this slowdown is intentional. PS2 people are reporting NO slowdown whatsoever... even at the line. Xbox people are seeing it in droves.

So lets wait to make a judgement on this until one of us plays them side by side (like I will tonight.)
Old 07-13-2004, 09:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Have you guys read the thread about "xbox slowdown" only being an issue while playing on default NCAA cam? I don't have the game yet, so I don't know for sure, but some people seem to think that the only time slowdown occurs is while playing on the default camera angle.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:00 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think I've experienced this slowdown as well, especially when going up the middle.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »