Home

saying what needs to be said...

This is a discussion on saying what needs to be said... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2004, 08:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Unhappy Re: saying what needs to be said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTeM
I like the fact that when I play with UNC I don't win the NC in the 2nd year and I have to build up the team this year..

The only complaint I have is the CPU QB accuracy, but I haven't tried Hiesman yet..

I'm getting very good results with my QB tho, normally above 50%..
I agree with you that it is a good thing that you have to work to build a contender, and My biggest complaint also was the lack of completions by the computer. However, even with the sliders for running turned all the way up, the computer still gives up on the run too quickly which makes them easy to gameplan for. This problem with the computer giving up on the run has plagued the series for a long while and its past time to fix it.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:53 PM   #10
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: saying what needs to be said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarre
I agree with you that it is a good thing that you have to work to build a contender, and My biggest complaint also was the lack of completions by the computer. However, even with the sliders for running turned all the way up, the computer still gives up on the run too quickly which makes them easy to gameplan for. This problem with the computer giving up on the run has plagued the series for a long while and its past time to fix it.

I have to say they don't give up on the run at all this year. Running teams run, passing teams pass and balanced teams stay balanced. The AI playcalling is better this year than its ever been. I have never seen a running team give up on the run in 2005. I was beating Georgia State for example and they were losing by 20+ and still running the ball.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:58 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunn13
I have to say they don't give up on the run at all this year. Running teams run, passing teams pass and balanced teams stay balanced. The AI playcalling is better this year than its ever been. I have never seen a running team give up on the run in 2005. I was beating Georgia State for example and they were losing by 20+ and still running the ball.
I am going to keep trying to get this game to play right, I guess I was just hoping for a better game this year. I will keep tweaking away to make it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2004, 12:00 AM   #12
Rookie

I agree with the computer not giving up on running this year. I have had games were the computer is still running the ball late into the 2nd half. I use to be able to hold the computer to under 50 yrds rushing last year in almost every game I played. Now with a good running team it is harder to stop them on the ground and they will come at you all game long.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:08 AM   #13
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

The drops are my biggest qualm. Sometimes I think they're gone for good....but then I'm on here the next day looking for a new set of sliders b/c Mike Williams just dropped three passes in the row. I can live with throwing into coverage, but when there's nobody near and they drop the ball, it makes me mad. I'm a 23-year old college grad with a master's degree and I throw my controller and curse and sometimes turn the game off. What does that tell you besides that I need to grow up, concentrate more on my family and my job?
Old 08-07-2004, 12:57 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
The drops are my biggest qualm. Sometimes I think they're gone for good....but then I'm on here the next day looking for a new set of sliders b/c Mike Williams just dropped three passes in the row. I can live with throwing into coverage, but when there's nobody near and they drop the ball, it makes me mad. I'm a 23-year old college grad with a master's degree and I throw my controller and curse and sometimes turn the game off. What does that tell you besides that I need to grow up, concentrate more on my family and my job?
Yea they have to find a middle ground on the passing game next year.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:19 AM   #15
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm happy, but yet unsatisfied with the game. It just feels like it is missing something. The drops are terrible. Don't tell me to learn how to pass either, my guys constantly drop the ball when it is right in their hands. Instead of the "super QB", EA decides to add "super DBs." Just a few things that bother me but aren't gamebreakers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2004, 01:45 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunn13
I have to agree with what bdunn said. I was playing TCU in the NC(go figure) and even though I was up by 3 scores, they were still running Lonta Hobbs down my throat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »