Home

saying what needs to be said...

This is a discussion on saying what needs to be said... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2004, 05:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Unhappy saying what needs to be said...

After playing ncaa 2005 on my xbox since its release and playing a crap load of games in that time, and also holding out judgement on it, I must agree with the people on this board that are under whelmed with this years game and all the problems that are in it (ncaa 2005). The drops are horrible. Not to mention there is really nothing new as far as the engine goes. It is essentially the same old **** we've been seeing in madden and the ncaa for the last three and a half four years and it is starting to get old. As someone who has been coming to OS forums since '97, I have never seen the visceral reaction to people who criticize this game. The people who criticize the game have very legitimate points. Why are people on this board acting like they work for ea? My initial reaction after playing a few games after I bought it was damn I spent $50 on essentially the same game from last year with a couple more bells and whistles. I have to say I will hold off buying ncaa until they change the dated engine, add in game saves, gang tackles, and the three announcers to announce all of the games. To end, I think there has been alot of people on this board who have been drinking the Kool Aid that ea has been dishing out. Disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 05:06 PM   #2
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: saying what needs to be said...

Another typical bad arguement.

I don't like the game = I am right
If you like the game = You are wrong and kiss EA's ***

This is another irrelevant post that wasted 11 seconds of my day reading it. Now that I am responding to it I have wasted another 48 seconds of the day. Almost 1 minute of my life is now wasted on your sorry excuse for a post.

I hope you are happy...
Old 08-06-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
Another typical bad arguement.

I don't like the game = I am right
If you like the game = You are wrong and kiss EA's ***

This is another irrelevant post that wasted 11 seconds of my day reading it. Now that I am responding to it I have wasted another 48 seconds of the day. Almost 1 minute of my life is now wasted on your sorry excuse for a post.

I hope you are happy...
I rest my case. I am not right or wrong, just someone giving their opinion. Good people can disagree without being disrespectful. I have just been disappointed with the game. Good day.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:22 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Maybe the gameplay is similar to last years, but this game is different and is better, I do not have a problem with drops, my problem is that I am not very good at reading defenses, I like the fact that it is hard. Last night CSU's QB hit me up for 250 yards on 13-27-1td-1int, I knocked down a few of the balls, I think they dropped one but it was not an easy catch. I was 12 for 29 with only one drop that should of been caught. The ball got tipped by the d lineman two or three times, I over threw a few guys, and the db's broke up a few passes, mostly I am not good at passing yet, but I am getting better.

But to say that this game is the same as last year in wrong, home field advantage is a great new feature, the atmosphere is a ton better, create a playbook is a great option, offseason recruiting has been changed for the better, there is a lot I find better about this game, and the only thing I find worse is the occasional slowdown on the X-box.

I play on AA with Jistic's ver. 2 sliders and they are the best out there that I have seen.

Not too mention the cpu running game has improved a ton this year, the cpu will continue to run the ball, especially if they are a running team, even if it is not working right away.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:35 PM   #5
Rookie

xfactor's Arena

OVR: 2

I for one am pleased with the game. Yes, there are some things that are similar to last year's game, but there are also some differences. The game is a lot more challeneging and that was the main concern to me. I have had some players on my team drop some pass (sometimes more than I like), but I found other ways around it or other players that did not drop. If you don't like the game go buy and play something else. A lot of the complaints or opinions seem to be from peeps that can't find ways to win a game that has become a challenge. Oh well, I am on the way home to get some PT in now.

X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 06:31 PM   #6
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

To each their own but to me this game is head and shoulders above last year. It took some slider adjustments but I am getting very good results now. The thing is the enigine will not change until the next gen consoles come out. As for HFA and composure, this is also EA's first year with those implemented so things always need to be ironed out after a first go round. But HFA and momentum and composure exist in real life so I am glad they made the effort to put it in. Ever since this game came out, the CPU or human QB could throw 3 INT's and yet come out the next series and be just as good. I am sorry but any QB that has an off game gets rattled. Weinke had it happen to him against NC ST his first year and many other QB's go through the same thing. People asked that robo QB be eliminated and it has been. Some now say it's a dodo QB but with the sliders I am having good results. A qb gets hot ealry, they are hard to stop. I have had the CPU hit for over 70% and yet never finish below 45%. Since I started these new sliders, the CPU is hovering around 52% against my D. As for drops, sure they were a problem in the beginning but with all the new features it took time to adjust. Now I am avg around 55% with an occasional off game but the drops are all but gone. When I have an off day, its due to good D and poor choices on my part.
EA knew for a while that they would have no college competition this year and could have just rested for a year but they still took strides to add to the realism. No game by any company will ever mirror its real life counterpart so if that is what you are looking for I wish you the best of luck in your never ending quest.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:35 PM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarre
My initial reaction after playing a few games after I bought it was damn I spent $50 on essentially the same game from last year with a couple more bells and whistles.

The only reason I bought it was because they put UConn's new stadium in the game, got their uni's right and put them in the Big East. If it wasn't for that I'd still be playing '04, and NFL 2K5 alot more.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-06-2004, 07:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like the fact that when I play with UNC I don't win the NC in the 2nd year and I have to build up the team this year..

The only complaint I have is the CPU QB accuracy, but I haven't tried Hiesman yet..

I'm getting very good results with my QB tho, normally above 50%..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »