Home

saying what needs to be said...

This is a discussion on saying what needs to be said... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2004, 08:14 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: saying what needs to be said...

WallyHoopIII:

Last night I was playing Maryland vs Tennessee and I had the HFA on for this game and even though the game was close in score there were so plays that needed to be made but weren't because of the HFA.

Take a look at your depth chart during the game and see how they increase and decrease certain ratings especially for awerness.

I said before that the speed of the defense was controlled through the awerness slider and the coverage of Wide receivers was through the Knockdowns. When I play games with the HFA off they are great games with plenty of momentum changes and big plays.

I like HFA off because despite the fact that playing in a big stadium can be intimidating it does not have that much effect on the game with it off it's talent vs talent. I can say this because I played for the University of Maryland and even though we were at Florida St, or Clemson you are still going to give it your all.

HFA is a good idea but if you take it off you still have the composure ratings that go up and down during the game. There is no 12th man in football, players could careless if people are cheering or not because they are still going to produce no matter what. If anything HFA should only have an effect things such as on False starts, Offsides, delay of games, premature timeouts not player performance.

NBA Live or Marchmadness would be perfect for HFA not football.

So if you gat a chance try my sliders with HFA off and see how it plays for ya.

Peace fellas.

Last edited by njkroc; 08-09-2004 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:38 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 6

fanbots? why because i enjoy a game that rewards my realistic playing style and punishes cheesers. That's insanity, I dont give a damn who makes the game, if its good, then its good, end of story. Learn to play the way the game is meant to be played and watch your complaints dissappear as is happening to your fellow complainers.

also, home field advantage is a huge part of college football, any one who thinks otherwise obviously does not understand the game.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:22 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have to say there are a few improvementas. Being a diehard ea fan & cfb fan I tried to play ncaa last night after playing espn for a while and could see big differences. I honestly couldnt even play ncaa for long. Anyone else have this problem??
Old 08-09-2004, 03:29 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 6

i have the opposite problem, after playing ncaa and the fluidity of the player movements, it is very hard for me to enjoy espn. dont get me wrong, i like espn, and with less rigid movements i would like it even more. each game has things i like, and thats all that matters to me.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdSTi
I have to say there are a few improvementas. Being a diehard ea fan & cfb fan I tried to play ncaa last night after playing espn for a while and could see big differences. I honestly couldnt even play ncaa for long. Anyone else have this problem??
I agree 100%. After playing espn, there seems to be more of a flow to the game. Just when your really getting into ncaa 2005, something happens that makes you shake your head in disgust. Last night, I was playing a game against La Tech, and I threw a nice ball to my tight end, the defence was in zone coverage. Just when it looked like my tight end was going to catch the ball, the linebacker who was playing underneath the coverage slid and jumped 8 yards backwards and deflected the ball. I am using njrok (sp?) sliders which are good. After seeing this I shook my head. That was not the first time that has happened. I am just getting frustrated. One more thing to think about. I know a guy who works at Gamestop who said there have been a considerable amount of people who have been returning the game. All those people are not wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 04:54 PM   #62
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

So when you turn off hfa do the ratings still fluctuate?
Old 08-09-2004, 05:30 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

njkroc, a totally different game IMO with HFA off. I posted some impressions and game stats in the sliders thread... Thanks for the reply though. I gotta keep in check on how my players are being rated throughout the game.

I did notice immediately when i started a game with the same two teams (unm and nmsu) that my qb had about middle composure. HE NEVER has had that high of a composure even at home games, but I was away and he had half.. All thanks in part to HFA being off...

Game IMO only played better with it off. Crowd noise was still there.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:28 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarre
I really appreciate your post. Sometimes it seems like i'm the only one who thinks this is the same game from the past 4 yrs. They CAN make this game outstanding IF they want to. I'm still waiting to be knocked off my feet.
once again, people don't like what you write not because we're fanboys but because you're clueless. this is the game 4 years ago.
http://media.psx.ign.com/media/011/011604/imgs_1.html

and you're a negative minded clown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »