Home

NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #81
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day

Reading this was so disheartening. NCAA football was the only game I bought every year, and I miss the excitement I had every July when I would be at the store the morning of the release, and tear open the plastic as soon as I got home. This game always brought me more excitement than any other, and it is the reason I joined sports gaming communities like this one.

Can only hope that one day I'm able to tear open the plastic on a new version of NCAA Football one day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #82
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

.................................................. ...........................
NO_NCAA_FOOTBALL.gif
Old 08-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 3

It is unlikely the game would be as incredible as described here, and if other next gen sports games are any indication, possible it would be a downgrade.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-30-2017, 12:30 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
It is unlikely the game would be as incredible as described here, and if other next gen sports games are any indication, possible it would be a downgrade.
If it is like Madden the QB play would have taken 10 steps backwards.

― Plato
Old 08-30-2017, 10:58 AM   #85
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
I'm certain that NCAA 18 would have been better than what we have now (i.e. no game at all).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 10:39 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'm certain that NCAA 18 would have been better than what we have now (i.e. no game at all).
I agree 100%.
NCAA was a better product than Madden for me, I would buy NCAA and always skip Madden. I was considering buy Madden, but I passed because I felt it didn't have enough depth.

I always felt NCAA had an easier task than Madden. Since Madden and NCAA shared some features, gameplay engine, and graphics, NCAA could just focus mainly on other aspects. Not too many game's atmosphere isn't as good as NCAA's. It felt like a Saturday. Then different playstyles, recruiting, coach carousel, and RTG. It had enough depth. If it had a chance to continue, it would have been one of the top games.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:25 AM   #87
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

With Frostbite NCAA on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X on a 4K tv would be stunning!
Old 08-31-2017, 12:44 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I agree 100%.
NCAA was a better product than Madden for me, I would buy NCAA and always skip Madden. I was considering buy Madden, but I passed because I felt it didn't have enough depth.

I always felt NCAA had an easier task than Madden. Since Madden and NCAA shared some features, gameplay engine, and graphics, NCAA could just focus mainly on other aspects. Not too many game's atmosphere isn't as good as NCAA's. It felt like a Saturday. Then different playstyles, recruiting, coach carousel, and RTG. It had enough depth. If it had a chance to continue, it would have been one of the top games.
No doubt. I have purchased the last few Maddens just to play football. I was actually pretty excited for Madden 18, but then I put NCAA back in with updated rosters and all the excitement for Madden was gone and I will not be buying Madden. I know there is good reason to be afraid of touching an NCAA game and a lot of hurdles to go through, but I hope EA or someone puts some effort into it because I would rather play this game that came out in 2013 over any EA game since and unless EA does come out with an NCAA football game it will be a rarity that I even consider buying an EA sports title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »