Home

back up quarterbacks

This is a discussion on back up quarterbacks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2018, 07:32 PM   #9
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: back up quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
But I agree with you, in the video game world, a realistic miss and a hyperbolic miss get you the same end result.
Have to disagree with you on this one based off some of the hyperbolic misses I've had. I've had passes where I have a receiver wide open on a drag on the left hash, clean pocket, set feet, etc. When I throw it my QB throws it 20 yards down field on the numbers and the pass gets intercepted by a corner in man coverage on somebody on a C-route. To me that's always too much. It's something we have to deal with to get inaccurate passes, sure, but every time it happens I reconsider it.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 12-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
Have to disagree with you on this one based off some of the hyperbolic misses I've had. I've had passes where I have a receiver wide open on a drag on the left hash, clean pocket, set feet, etc. When I throw it my QB throws it 20 yards down field on the numbers and the pass gets intercepted by a corner in man coverage on somebody on a C-route. To me that's always too much. It's something we have to deal with to get inaccurate passes, sure, but every time it happens I reconsider it.
It's not the QBA, it's the pass blocking. If your QB has defenders in his face or he's about to get whacked, you can throw a lot of off-target passes. Instead of turning QBA up, turn your pass blocking up a click or so.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:20 AM   #11
Rookie

i probably should have mentioned that i play as the quarterback, so awareness really doesnt matter much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I personally use JKit's sliders. With QB accuracy at 5, you get more realistic passing.

When they miss, sometimes it's by a mile. However, with accuracy at 10, they'll hit every pass. I'll take the big misses for more realistic stats, personally.

You have to work them into a rhythm, and route timing/throwing from the pocket has a huge impact. If you throw too early or too late, they're off target. If you're under pressure or scrambling, they're more likely to be off target. Read option can help the QB settle in.

Last season my best QB was a 74, so my passing game struggled a LOT. I think as a team I didn't even throw for 2500 yards.
This.

I tried zero, but it wasn't doable for me, I could never put any ounce of touch (leading someone) on the pass or it was 20 feet offline. Even if not leading a receiver the accuracy was awful even with high 80's THP QB so I just went back to 5. To me it's the only viable option, because they hit every pass otherwise. I have a scrambling QB w/ a very accurate arm, and I think his completion pct. is somewhere around 62% which I think is acceptable.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:41 PM   #13
Rookie

No adjustments. After all just think off it as a quarterback battle. How the big schools choose between 3 talented qbs every year I will never know. Noboby gave a damn about Cardell Jones before JT Barrett and Braxton Miller went down.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
I wouldn't mess with sliders. I would limit myself. You can do this by doing a few things:

1. Coaching suggestions
2. Not audibling or limiting your audibles
3. Create a playbook with like half the plays
4. Limit yourself to your first two reads.
5. Limit your scrambling. It's easy to abuse when in reality his pocket presence probably isn't great.

In this situation with the QB being a scrambler, #5 might be more realistic if he scrambles (runs) after the first read is covered. I would completely agree with #5 if he was a pocket passer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »