Home

Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview

This is a discussion on Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2020, 01:34 AM   #81
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview

hey guys,

first off, I love what you guys are doing. I am a huge fan of NCAA 14. Probably the best sports ever!

Im a Division 2 football coach. with everything going on and my season being pushed back i have a little extra time on my hands. I am good with computers from a football stand point but have not gotten into the whole modding thing. i stumbled across this board and im intrigued.

I need some help. i have read through this board and you guys are clearly experts in this but i have trouble following a lot of your conversations due to my incompetence and lack of experience with this.

What i want to do is create a dynasty with 12 of my teambuilder teams and modd the rest of the teams to create a Division 2-Division 3-NAIA dynasty. my plan is to add my teambuilder teams and then mod the rest of the teams with similar colors. I am told by a friend that it is easier to modd a dynasty with no team builder teams than it is to modd with teambuilder teams. Is that true??

Im not worried about helmet logos and jerseys with schools names, ect. i would be fine with just using numbers on the helmets instead of logos since im sure you can't add custom logos. if i cant use numbers, im fine with a blank helmet too.

I know you guys are busy but if i could get some help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! I have PS3. I know i need to download BruteForce Save data and the EA DB editor i believe? when i try to find links to those it leads me to dead ends and bad web pages. Can someone point in the direction to where there are good download links for those please?

From what i understand, editing the rosters and player attributes and teams names, citys, states, ect. is pretty straight forward. I will definitely need help when it comes to editing the uniforms and removing the logos, ect. Like i said before, im not worried about the logos and such. I just want to try to have accurate colors and uniforms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is anything that i can do to help please let me know.

Thanks guys! I look forward to hearing from y'all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2020, 09:09 AM   #82
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cah001
hey guys,

first off, I love what you guys are doing. I am a huge fan of NCAA 14. Probably the best sports ever!

Im a Division 2 football coach. with everything going on and my season being pushed back i have a little extra time on my hands. I am good with computers from a football stand point but have not gotten into the whole modding thing. i stumbled across this board and im intrigued.

I need some help. i have read through this board and you guys are clearly experts in this but i have trouble following a lot of your conversations due to my incompetence and lack of experience with this.

What i want to do is create a dynasty with 12 of my teambuilder teams and modd the rest of the teams to create a Division 2-Division 3-NAIA dynasty. my plan is to add my teambuilder teams and then mod the rest of the teams with similar colors. I am told by a friend that it is easier to modd a dynasty with no team builder teams than it is to modd with teambuilder teams. Is that true??

Im not worried about helmet logos and jerseys with schools names, ect. i would be fine with just using numbers on the helmets instead of logos since im sure you can't add custom logos. if i cant use numbers, im fine with a blank helmet too.

I know you guys are busy but if i could get some help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! I have PS3. I know i need to download BruteForce Save data and the EA DB editor i believe? when i try to find links to those it leads me to dead ends and bad web pages. Can someone point in the direction to where there are good download links for those please?

From what i understand, editing the rosters and player attributes and teams names, citys, states, ect. is pretty straight forward. I will definitely need help when it comes to editing the uniforms and removing the logos, ect. Like i said before, im not worried about the logos and such. I just want to try to have accurate colors and uniforms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is anything that i can do to help please let me know.

Ok so what you want to do is download the ea dB editor (download Skulletors version) and brute force save data. With the ea dB editor you can mod up to 30 teams uniforms and all of their color schemes. You can also mod team history, rosters, recruits, bowl games, stadium, etc. I will post later today with a detailed, step by step version on how to do this. Thanks!

Last edited by parent22; 07-21-2020 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:26 AM   #83
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
hey guys,

Hey man, this particular thread is speaking of the College Football Revamped Mod that the author and several other talented people are working on, where they are basically making a fresh new game through being able to mod files. In order to be able to take advantage of that you would need either your PS3 or XBOX 360 "adjusted." If you don't want to do that, then like parent22 said, you can edit up to 30 teams and their uniforms through Skulls editor for NCAA 14. If you wanted to do more than that, and you were willing to play NCAA 12, you could actually edit every team to your liking with uniforms and all(minus logos). On NCAA 12, I was able to create a full Division III mod complete with uniforms. It's just a matter of what you want to do and how you want to do it. The good thing about this community, is that people will be willing to help you get to where you wanna go.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:14 AM   #84
Just started!

Guys,

thank you so much for the quick reply. I'll have to try to find my NCAA 12 disc.

I have Skulls editor and got Brute force as well. ive read alot on here watched some videos. the problem im having right now is trying to import my csv file back into the editor. Im also getting error messages a lot and i always have to click refresh view. any ideas on those problems?

I have never heard of "adjusting" my PS3. whats does that mean? how would i do it? and what would it do in terms of games like NCAA 14?
Old 07-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #85
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Guys,

thank you so much for the quick reply. I'll have to try to find my NCAA 12 disc.

I have Skulls editor and got Brute force as well. ive read alot on here watched some videos. the problem im having right now is trying to import my csv file back into the editor. Im also getting error messages a lot and i always have to click refresh view. any ideas on those problems?

I have never heard of "adjusting" my PS3. whats does that mean? how would i do it? and what would it do in terms of games like NCAA 14?
I would try it without CSV files. If you still want the guide to NCAA 14 regular modding then I can post once I get home from work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2020, 09:43 PM   #86
Pro

parent22's Arena

Here's a guide to do what you want to do cah001:

Import your 12 TeamBuilder teams into your dynasty with a created coach. Then, get your dynasty to your computer by:
1. Go to Dynasty Setup, and save your dynasty onto your flashdrive. Turn off your PS3 console and plug your USB into your computer.

2. Download the program called bruteforce save data which can be found here. Install the program.

http://www.ps3hax.net/2013/04/releas...save-data-3-8/

3. Save the roster or dynasty file that you want to edit on to a USB.

4. Open Bruteforce with your usb attached to your pc or laptop it will then ask for your profiled id of your console which then choose the file called Param.sfo. This file allows for the program to recognize your console unique ID. It will update this so now your should see next to profile a whole bunch of numbers and letters this is what you want to see.

5. Now select the path for savedata tab and select the location of where you put your save (it is easier just to leave the files your USB since your not moving files back and forth but it is up to you)

6. Now you should see your save appear under the name tab with all the other information of your file such as time created console id amongst other things. Now what you wanna do is click on the decrypt.pfd tab on the bottom toolbar. it will ask to decrypt all files and select yes now the bottom left corner should be green meaning that the file has been decrypted.

7. Now close out of Bruteforce, and go in to the folder/ the save (BLUS31159-ROSTER-**rostername**). Locate the file "USR-DATA" and right click>>rename. now add .MC02 to the end of that.

8. Load up the EA DB Editor and then click File>Load Config. Select tucker06's uniform config, or if you don't have it installed Xan's Dynasty Config. Then click File>Open and select your dynasty. Once it is loaded, you are ready to edit!

Now you're gonna want to go to the Teams tab. You can explore through there in the different tabs that you can edit:

Team Name
Team Long Name
Team Mascot Name
Nickname
Team Short Name
Team Rival ID
Team Academic Rating (Scale 1-6)
Coach Loyalty (Scale 0-11)
Program Stability (Scale 0-11)
Tradition (Scale 0-11)
Academics (Scale 0-11)
Championships (Scale 0-11)
TV Exposure (Scale 0-11)
Facilities (Scale 0-11)
Pro Potential (Scale 0-11)
All Time Wins
All Time Losses
All Time Ties
Stadium ID
Team Logo (Set to 210)
Roster Helmet (Will cover later)

And of course the players. You can edit those with your most likely extensive knowledge of football.

Then for the uniforms and logos. Those are really complicated, but I'll try my best:

You can mod up to 30 teams' uniforms. To start, go to the Teams tab and scroll to where you see College Stadium. Set all of the teams' uniforms that you want to mod. You will only be able to select 18 other teams to edit since you have 12 TB teams.

Then, go to the Uniforms tab and export two consecutive lines of data. Then, import both of those two lines so that you have 60 total lines, 2 lines per team, and 30 teams total.

Go to the Uniforms tab in tucker06's Uniform config: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=281

Under the tabs that have a decimal color, you want to set it to a new color by finding your decimal color at this link by adjusting the RGB values: https://www.mathsisfun.com/hexadecim...al-colors.html

You should visit this thread for a better understanding: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...box-360-a.html

Logos
To get rid of logos set Team Logo column in Team tab to 210. For logos on the helmet you have two options:
1) Use the EA Logo. Change the Team Logo and Roster Helmet to 210.
2) EXPERIMENTAL Use numbers on the side of the helmet. tucker06’s post explaining:
JOSN = Helmet 1 #'s
(0=off , 1=on)
JTSN = Helmet 2 #'s
(0=off , 1=on)
This is in the Uniforms tab for Option 2. You may want to keep the logo the same or see how it looks with a 210 EA Logo.

Stadiums
Go to the teams tab and set the Stadium ID to a high school stadium. Click the dropdown menu and find one of your liking.

Let me know if you have any questions, or want me to explain anything further! If so, please post on the 4 Team playoff thread.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #87
Just started!

ok so my first attempt resulted in a corrupted file when i moved it back to the PS3. going to start over from scratch and follow your guide again.

thank you for all the help gentlemen!
Old 07-26-2020, 11:05 AM   #88
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
Here's a guide to do what you want to do cah001:
I've always had to do a few more steps in the hex editor in Bruteforce wtih Teambuilder Dynasties. The further steps I follow are below:

First off, save a copy

In Bruteforce:
-Right click USER-DATA file
-Open in Patch Creator
-Tools - Hex Editor
-Select all lines from beginning to the last of the "yyyy" lines (make note of the Hex value for the last entry, this will help in further edits/copying it back in. For me, it's 503FF).
-Either cut and paste to a notepad doc or just delete and copy it back in from the backup.

Make your edits

Finishing up back in Bruteforce before encrypting:
-Open up the Hex Editor again as above
-Copy those "yyyy" lines back in either from your notepad doc or from the copied save.
-At this point, there are still lines missing at the end of the file. Look at your current edited file and the backup. The backup has more entries or lines.
-Find the hex value for the last entry in your edited file. Copy from that point to the end of the file in the backup.
-Copy that entire string into your edited file
-Save
-Close out and re encrypt your file.

Some of the terms I used or how I worded this may be confusing, let me know and I'll try to explain better.

Last edited by speedy43; 07-27-2020 at 03:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »