Home

EA College Football News & Info

This is a discussion on EA College Football News & Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2023, 07:09 PM   #297
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA College Football News & Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I am the opposite. I'd rather see it be bad in actuality versus not get it at all and be left wondering if it would be so bad.
same. plus you can always hope the game gets better with time, but a game never released has zero chance to improve lol

also, I'm dying for some real EA CFB News & Info

A Work in Progress
Old 02-20-2023, 07:31 PM   #298
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

With the potential rules changes in College Football this year, the more I don't mind the delay. I rather the game comes out, as up to date as possible. Especially with the PAC 12 being a dumpsterfire.

I'm with the crowd of wanting news and wanting the game out this year. But, CFB now has the opportunity to come out next year in a better state and a more solid foundation to build off of. With annually released games, if the foundation is bad, you're pretty much screwed. That's Madden's problem. You have such limited time and having to focus on "back of box" features each year, that you have to build off of what you have. So I'm okay with waiting another year to palt CFB, if that means that game comes out in a more polished and stronger foundation
Old 02-20-2023, 08:05 PM   #299
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
With the potential rules changes in College Football this year, the more I don't mind the delay. I rather the game comes out, as up to date as possible. Especially with the PAC 12 being a dumpsterfire.

I'm with the crowd of wanting news and wanting the game out this year. But, CFB now has the opportunity to come out next year in a better state and a more solid foundation to build off of. With annually released games, if the foundation is bad, you're pretty much screwed. That's Madden's problem. You have such limited time and having to focus on "back of box" features each year, that you have to build off of what you have. So I'm okay with waiting another year to palt CFB, if that means that game comes out in a more polished and stronger foundation
Yeah, we know that through a combination of lack of resources, some kind of problems with their development process, and the yearly cycle of sports game development, that Tiburon doesn't release polished games. If they can actually have a few months of pure polishing time before this game comes out, then that will be a good thing.

People feel how they feel, but it will be unfortunate, not if but when a certain segment of the people who buy this game won't be able to give EA College Football 25 a fair shot because the nostalgia they feel for NCAA Football 14 is simply too powerful.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-20-2023, 08:40 PM   #300
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yeah, we know that through a combination of lack of resources, some kind of problems with their development process, and the yearly cycle of sports game development, that Tiburon doesn't release polished games. If they can actually have a few months of pure polishing time before this game comes out, then that will be a good thing.

People feel how they feel, but it will be unfortunate, not if but when a certain segment of the people who buy this game won't be able to give EA College Football 25 a fair shot because the nostalgia they feel for NCAA Football 14 is simply too powerful.
For me, I didn't really care for NCAA Football 14 like that. I really didn't like how they streamlined that game. I preferred NCAA Football 13. My only regret was that I didn't sell NCAA 14 when I was done with it a couple years ago when people were paying crazy for it.

I agree that you can't trust that this company will put out a polished game. So, having another year could help them put out a more polished game. I rather the games out in a polished state where you can just add to it every year. Instead of a buggy mess that you're adding stuff too.

I still find it odd for myself that I feel more optimistic about CFB than I do for Madden. I stand by the "if you don't like Madden, then chances are that you won't like CFB either". But I feel that if CFB nails keys aspects of the game(Recruiting/Dynasty, atmosphere, college playbooks working optimally) that I would enjoy the game.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:48 AM   #301
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think it is a combination of the game having been in development for multiple years without a forced annual cycle plus the collegiate game naturally having a structure that is more fun in a video game with recruiting and the constant roster turnover, the traditions, variety of schemes, etc. I oddly feel better about the college game than I do Madden the next two years and it is because of those reasons for the most part.

While I would love to have an incredibly deep dynasty mode that really explored the preparation off the field, the way coaching staff talents and cohesion can impact teams positively and negatively, and so on, I also know from experience with the NCAA games that a more basic dynasty mode is still enjoyable for the most part when things are working as intended simply because the things I mentioned in the above paragraph naturally make a fun game.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »