Home

Coach Adapative AI and Aggressiveness Settings

This is a discussion on Coach Adapative AI and Aggressiveness Settings within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2024, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Coach Adapative AI and Aggressiveness Settings

Does anyone have a good feel for what these control?

Adaptive AI: I read somewhere it indicates how quickly the CPU will attack your tendencies. (Example, if Conservative it might take 5 outside runs on 1st down to start playcalling to stop outside run on first down. On Aggressive it might only take 3). Is this across games or intra-game logic only? I only want to know for the purposes of tweaking my experience. Also shouldn't that be an online dynasty league setting if it dictates CPU behavior?

Offensive Aggressiveness: Slider defaults to 50. What does this do? Is it likelihood of going for a deep pass, or going for it on 4th down? Does it change coach recommended plays, or is it only used for simulation purposes? Or like Adapative AI is it more of a tweak for CPU?

Defensive Agressiveness: Slider defaults to 50. Same questions as above. Is this dictating how often you blitz or go for interceptions versus playing the ball, how often you try to block a kick?

Right now I'm telling online league Adapative AI needs to be Aggressive and that the coaches can all set aggressiveness sliders however they want...but none of us know WTH it does.

I'd also like to understand if the Coach Scheme presented has any impact if it doesn't match your playbook. My guess from reading deep dive is scheme in this game is tied to a school purely for the purposes of coaching carousel and everything else such as team needs is tied to your playbook but choosing your scheme mattered in Madden...so I want confirmation .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2024, 03:10 PM   #2
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Coach Adapative AI and Aggressiveness Settings

In a bunch of CPU vs CPU games I had my own offensive aggression at 75. Well we went for 2 points with 13sec to go in a 24-23 game instead of going to OT. I never thought before then it caused play calling to be any different.

Now with what happened I'll be lowering to like 55-60 to see how it goes. 75 definitely too high if it's causing me to lose a game like it did, even if it is cpu vs cpu. On one hand I was very upset but then I also like we have control over this. Meaning we can edit every coach and control the aggressiveness by the cpu to where we feel is best.

For defense I lowered it so I couldn't tell you what it would do. I have same questions as you.

Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 07-23-2024, 03:15 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGCRequiem
Does anyone have a good feel for what these control?

Adaptive AI: I read somewhere it indicates how quickly the CPU will attack your tendencies. (Example, if Conservative it might take 5 outside runs on 1st down to start playcalling to stop outside run on first down. On Aggressive it might only take 3). Is this across games or intra-game logic only? I only want to know for the purposes of tweaking my experience. Also shouldn't that be an online dynasty league setting if it dictates CPU behavior?

Offensive Aggressiveness: Slider defaults to 50. What does this do? Is it likelihood of going for a deep pass, or going for it on 4th down? Does it change coach recommended plays, or is it only used for simulation purposes? Or like Adapative AI is it more of a tweak for CPU?

Defensive Agressiveness: Slider defaults to 50. Same questions as above. Is this dictating how often you blitz or go for interceptions versus playing the ball, how often you try to block a kick?

Right now I'm telling online league Adapative AI needs to be Aggressive and that the coaches can all set aggressiveness sliders however they want...but none of us know WTH it does.

I'd also like to understand if the Coach Scheme presented has any impact if it doesn't match your playbook. My guess from reading deep dive is scheme in this game is tied to a school purely for the purposes of coaching carousel and everything else such as team needs is tied to your playbook but choosing your scheme mattered in Madden...so I want confirmation .

Adaptive AI is exactly that. And I am using Balanced for my proper Dynasty starting tonight.

The other two are for simulated games only...not played games by the user.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 07-31-2024, 02:41 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm still trying to figure out what Adaptive AI and Aggressiveness do in slow sim cpu vs cpu games. Anyone done any testing on this?
Old 07-31-2024, 03:13 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Adaptive AI is how quickly that coach makes adjustments in game. I don't believe what you set your coach's adaptive AI to influences the CPU teams at all, but many on here seem to believe it does. I've not personally done any testing on it, so I can't say for certain. I wish EA would clarify on this.

In my Miami dynasty it is set to conservative and in my UMass dynasty it is aggressive. Both see similar amounts of adaptive AI depending on what the opposing coach's setting is. That's why I believe what the user's setting is has no impact on the CPU team, but again, I've not thoroughly tested it.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2024, 05:16 PM   #6
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Something I've been thinking about is using a dummy account and taking over the coach of the other teams and adjusting their adaptive ai and other coach settings, then retiring and see if they save.
Old 08-01-2024, 12:59 PM   #7
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

The adaptive AI setting when you create a coach only affects when simming.

That's from the horse's mouth.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-02-2024, 02:30 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
The adaptive AI setting when you create a coach only affects when simming.

That's from the horse's mouth.
There we go. Hopefully we can stop spreading false information around this topic now.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »