Home

McGibblets CFB25 Dynasty Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on McGibblets CFB25 Dynasty Coach Mode Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2024, 06:03 PM   #25
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: McGibblets CFB25 Dynasty Coach Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by agf5093
Hey all, quick question..

Is coach mode broken for you guys? My QB about 75% of the time will just sit in the pocket and not move an inch or throw the ball despite 1-2 wide open receivers.

Long story made short, the user QB does not scramble on his own. I highly recommend reading the house rules section in the opening post. Also, go back in the CFB 25 forums and look read the coach mode thread. It’s quite extensive and contains lots of information about what coach mode is and is not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2024, 10:38 PM   #26
Rookie

Quick question. I have been enjoying coach mode with your sliders but according to you, are your sliders taking into account a good rated team vs a poor rated team?! I think it does but just wanted to double check
Old 07-27-2024, 11:13 PM   #27
Pro

I can answer for Mcgibblets they definetly are taking that into account

Warriors
Sharks
Old 07-27-2024, 11:23 PM   #28
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromenhl
Quick question. I have been enjoying coach mode with your sliders but according to you, are your sliders taking into account a good rated team vs a poor rated team?! I think it does but just wanted to double check

You should struggle against higher rated teams.

Old 07-28-2024, 12:02 PM   #29
All Star

This is the best football game ever made. Having said that I just traded it for Top Spin tennis because of the issue with the user QB. I did not delete it off my PS5 in case they patch the problem.
Old 07-28-2024, 12:08 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgibblets82
Depends on who you ask. Like most sliders, we’ve never been given a clear explanation on that from EA.

There’s a popular thread in the Madden forums about 95 speed threshold being the speed setting that the devs designed to be true to real life. It’s a good read if you ever get time to read it.

What I can tell you for certain is that in my test dynasty that I gathered the sim results from, average pass yards per attempt was 8.6 yards per pass attempt. At 85 speed threshold I’m averaging between 8 and 9 yards per pass attempt.

At 95 speed threshold, I’m averaging between 7 and 8 yards per pass attempt. This is why I settled on 85.

The problem with comparing speed threshold to madden is Madden is an NFL football game. So imagine you have receivers that are 90 speed in the NFL, but you also have cornerbacks and safeties and sometimes linebackers that can have speeds of 95 so the threshold disparity in an NFL game is going to be much closer Than a college game. The single factor that makes college football so exciting and what it is is that there is often Gigantic speed threshold disparities between the players. So in my opinion, the disparity of speed in a college football game should be 0 not 95

Last edited by OGShawnyboy; 07-28-2024 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Miss typed
Old 07-28-2024, 12:19 PM   #31
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGShawnyboy
The problem with comparing speed threshold to madden is Madden is an NFL football game. So imagine you have receivers that are 90 speed in the NFL, but you also have cornerbacks and safeties and sometimes linebackers that can have speeds of 95 so the threshold disparity in an NFL game is going to be much closer Than a college game. The single factor that makes college football so exciting and what it is is that there is often John Gant speed threshold disparities between the players. So in my opinion, the disparity of speed in a college football game should not be high it should be low

Lower it to your liking. 85 works well for me. I just can’t say how well this particular slider set plays at a lower speed setting.

To your point about comparing college to Madden, generally speaking I agree with that. I’m only comparing this to Madden because the game was clearly copied from Madden. In my Madden sliders, I use 95. So technically speaking, 85 speed setting will accomplish a greater speed disparity.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2024, 12:22 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Turned down holding and illegal block in the back to 50 in main menu, 53 in dynasty. Was basically unable to run HB Stretch or Speed Option as I would get back to back to back penalties every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »