Home

Player speed parity scale

This is a discussion on Player speed parity scale within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2024, 09:43 PM   #73
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Player speed parity scale

I've always had it on zero for CPU vs CPU for many years before anybody thought about doing it.

Facts
Old 08-15-2024, 03:00 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
I've always had it on zero for CPU vs CPU for many years before anybody thought about doing it.

Facts

Still taking under cover shots at people I see

I usually don't do this but you seem to rub me the wrong way (15 years ago when threshold was 1st introduced)
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...m-sliders.html

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-15-2024, 11:52 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm playing at 75 and since moving it up from 50 I feel like I'm getting a more realistic game with better defense. At 50 I feel like fast players break too many big plays. Jet Sweet is unstoppable, guys get unrealistic separation on deep balls.

It's a lot harder to escape the rush as the QB with the threshold turned up. I've had to adjust to that and not pull the ball down unless I have a really clear lane to run through.

If lowering the threshold makes the pass rush less effective that would intrigue me because I feel like CPU pass rush is overpowered on default settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2024, 03:42 PM   #76
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I started playing at 95 on Madden 24 and I haven't looked back. The good thing about 95 is that you still get big plays, and guys running away from the defense. you can still beat defenders to the outside, none of that changes at 95. But, it closes the gap. I don't mind(although I haven't up to this point) dropping the threshold slider down for CPU v. CPU games. But, I don't think I'll be going backwards when it comes to user v. cpu games. I love how it feels at 95. It makes it feel like you're having to work for what you get instead of the most important factor being simply "i'm faster than you." That's just me though.
Old 08-15-2024, 08:12 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Still taking under cover shots at people I see

I usually don't do this but you seem to rub me the wrong way (15 years ago when threshold was 1st introduced)
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...m-sliders.html
Good stuff.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-16-2024, 10:20 AM   #78
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I started playing at 95 on Madden 24 and I haven't looked back. The good thing about 95 is that you still get big plays, and guys running away from the defense. you can still beat defenders to the outside, none of that changes at 95. But, it closes the gap. I don't mind(although I haven't up to this point) dropping the threshold slider down for CPU v. CPU games. But, I don't think I'll be going backwards when it comes to user v. cpu games. I love how it feels at 95. It makes it feel like you're having to work for what you get instead of the most important factor being simply "i'm faster than you." That's just me though.
95 is where I had settled too with Madden. It was so counter-intuitive to consider 95 but the feel was there. I have no explicit data to confirm the feel and that the feel is the correct feel, but for my mind it is my sweet spot, so good enough.
Old 08-22-2024, 06:15 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

General speed parity question mainly out of curiosity, obviously a higher number reduces the gap in speed between players and a lower number increases it. But how does the game (or Madden) go about doing this?

If I set it to 100, are faster players slowed down to reduce the gap or are slower players sped up? Likewise, if I move it to 0, are faster players sped up or are slower players slowed down?
Old 08-22-2024, 06:45 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player speed parity scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
General speed parity question mainly out of curiosity, obviously a higher number reduces the gap in speed between players and a lower number increases it. But how does the game (or Madden) go about doing this?

If I set it to 100, are faster players slowed down to reduce the gap or are slower players sped up? Likewise, if I move it to 0, are faster players sped up or are slower players slowed down?

I was using speed parity at 25 a few weeks ago but have since switched to 0. Personal preference but I like how it gives the speedy backs that extra edge to get to the outside. And it also helps on kick and punt returns. Like I said, personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by HealthyScratch; 08-23-2024 at 09:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »