Home

Ratings/Abilities Driven Gameplay

This is a discussion on Ratings/Abilities Driven Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2024, 12:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Ratings/Abilities Driven Gameplay

Finally had a chance to get a couple games in post-Update & pretty much same experience TBH

For questions about what is/isn’t impacts, best thing I can say is run a couple game against differently rated teams as far as skillset on the roster, not the displayed Team OVR’s

I did a test with San Diego St and experience a difference when I played against a lower tier FCS, then an evenly matched back-n-forth game with a similar roster makeup San Jose St, then frustratedly lost by 3TD’s & less than 200 total yrds to Penn St

Ratings/Abilities play out & I’m getting 3RB rotation due to player Stamina ratings on the team

Pretty much most everything we see happening IRL college football, happens with these settings

With that I’m satisfied & choosing not to chase the fantom perfection ghost down the rabbit hole of constant Slider Tweaking

Sliders have predetermined triggering threshold data points just like ratings, so real quickly Slideritis becomes redundant/futile when Slider impacts consist of only 4-5 impact formulas attached to the slider

With that have fun, I’m off to just play the game now.
Old 08-01-2024, 12:37 PM   #10
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

OVR: 10

To add to my curiosities, does INTs at 100 and Ball Protection at 100 cause way too many picks and no fumbles during a full season? Or have these only been tested in Play Now?
Old 08-01-2024, 03:27 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl
To add to my curiosities, does INTs at 100 and Ball Protection at 100 cause way too many picks and no fumbles during a full season? Or have these only been tested in Play Now?
This is all done in actual Dynasty games, not even in Practice Mode within Dynasty

This issue I noted before the game came out & am consistently seeing in notations, is a lot of notations/ideas/Slider edits based off of what was done in Madden with all its legacy issues impacting what was perceived to be happening

“Way too many & No fumbles” are subjective from gamer to gamer so it always will go back to playing the game with whatever Slider idea and take it from there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2024, 11:56 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoBugg005
Does 100 catching not make the receivers too sticky?
Not at all, in fact in the first game I played with these my WR dropped the first 3 passes and I had to go back and check if I changed the slider to a 100 and it was. Like I said I cant explain it but like khaliib said this makes the teams play to the ratings!
Old 08-02-2024, 10:40 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Is the QBA 40 just for the HUM or for the HUM and CPU?

And is anyone streaming and archiving games using this set? I’d be curious to check in on those if so.
Old 08-02-2024, 10:51 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
Is the QBA 40 just for the HUM or for the HUM and CPU?

And is anyone streaming and archiving games using this set? I’d be curious to check in on those if so.
Its for both Human and CPU
Old 08-02-2024, 11:32 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Its for both Human and CPU
I’ll try it out and stream it later today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2024, 12:48 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Only issue I had was my starting RB and slot WR/KR/PR star WR leaving the game and disappearing, but these played very well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »