Home

Ratings/Abilities Driven Gameplay

This is a discussion on Ratings/Abilities Driven Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2024, 11:20 AM   #33
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ratings/Abilities Driven Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
You running these on AA? Looks like an interesting setup might have to give this a go!

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Yeah I’m using AA difficulty.

I also forgot to mention I didn’t touch the sub in/out or fatigue. Still had a good amount of guys need to step out for plays here and there. One injury in two games so far.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-14-2024, 10:42 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Yeah I’m using AA difficulty.

I also forgot to mention I didn’t touch the sub in/out or fatigue. Still had a good amount of guys need to step out for plays here and there. One injury in two games so far.
So you left fatigue at 50 and didn’t change subs from default?

I’ve been toying with some of the other sliders, while keeping fatigue at 100. I adjusted sub frequency down about 10-15% across the board, with OL and QB at 0/1.

For both CPU and User I lowered interceptions to 20 to reduce picks and get more batted balls. I also reduced WR catching to 40 for both to create the occasional dropped ball or PBU. I’ve left running at 100, and I’ve debated upping the speed slider a bit to make running a little tighter.

Still experimenting, but I feel like this set is pretty accurate to ratings. The numbers seem good so far, but my main goal is to keep every game from being all offense. I’d like a defensive struggle or tug of war style game here and there. But again I may have no idea what I’m doing lol
Old 08-15-2024, 10:16 AM   #35
Rookie

wreckem27's Arena

I love the idea of these. Going to give a try when I get home from work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2024, 12:35 PM   #36
Rookie

leoribas3's Arena

Damn this idea of every slider at 100 really intrigued me. Will have to f** around and find out
Old 08-15-2024, 01:44 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 3

Will Pass Lead on Large make the Revamped passing a little more ratings driven?

Finding that regardless of Deep Throw Accuracy, deep shots are far too accurate. But now realizing that my pass lead was on default... so hoping this is a solve because I do like other aspects of it.
Old 08-15-2024, 07:24 PM   #38
Rookie

wreckem27's Arena

Played a game in Play Now with Houston against Rice. Only changes I made was the INTs down to 25 and I played with 8 minute quarters with no accelerated clock.

It was a great game.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
10 10 7. 0. 27 Rice
7. 20. 3. 7. 37 Houston

For stats it will be done Rice/Houston
First Downs 23/16
Total Offense 420/379
Rushes 30/77/2 - 25/42/2
YPR 2.6/1/7
CAT 28/41/1 - 22/30/3
YPP 8.4/11.2
Passing Yards 343/337
3rd Downs 9/16 - 8/14
4th Downs 0/1 - 1/2

Really good game. Rice came out and hit 18 straight passes and was up at different points in the first half but they cooled off toward the end of the half and in the second. Rice run game was deadly at times, ripped off one long TD with the starter and the shiftier backup had a nice run.

I pretty much abandoned the run early after not being able to get much going. Sack numbers also hurt my rushing total. Did hit a a WR deep on my first TD which inflates my YPA number.

My top two backs left the game early in the 4th and I never saw them again the rest of the game. But early on I did like the way that the game naturally rotated backs and WRs.

Last edited by wreckem27; 08-15-2024 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-16-2024, 04:19 PM   #39
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacBear
So you left fatigue at 50 and didn’t change subs from default?

I’ve been toying with some of the other sliders, while keeping fatigue at 100. I adjusted sub frequency down about 10-15% across the board, with OL and QB at 0/1.

For both CPU and User I lowered interceptions to 20 to reduce picks and get more batted balls. I also reduced WR catching to 40 for both to create the occasional dropped ball or PBU. I’ve left running at 100, and I’ve debated upping the speed slider a bit to make running a little tighter.

Still experimenting, but I feel like this set is pretty accurate to ratings. The numbers seem good so far, but my main goal is to keep every game from being all offense. I’d like a defensive struggle or tug of war style game here and there. But again I may have no idea what I’m doing lol
Yes I left fatigue and subs at default. I may adjust the injury slider to get a few more, but I feel like the default fatigue is fairly true to life.

I have debated lowering picks, but I’m getting punished for forcing passes I shouldn’t. I’ve gotten more drop lately. As far as a user, picks are feast or famine for me (no picks in a game then 3-4 in another). It’s definitely overall a bit high.

I just had two road wins against Virginia (21-13) then at Tennessee (34-16). It felt like strategy played a huge role, as it should

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-19-2024, 12:14 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 19

I just tried “0” Sliders last night with 2 2-Star Teams & outside of INT drops by defenders due to their low Catch ratings, I loved the gameplay

“0” THP with Large Pass Lead is no joke
- Both my & CPU QB’s had high 80’s THP & slinging the ball all over the field was not happening, we both where forced into an short/mid passing game

I’ve done multiple 5yr Sim testings to get an idea of generated player positional ratings come in within the 70’s rages minimum & “0” Sliders seem to put an focus on high 80’s &/or Abilities to have favorable outcomes

- my TE had the Sure Hands Ability & was clutch on 3rd downs, where as my WR’s was 50/50 on having ball dropped or post-catch knocked out

I have a Power 5 coming up against Georgia where I’m clearly over matched across the board, so hopefully this produces a very difficult ability to be competitive like I’m hoping to be displayed

***One Slider ideology I’ve always held & still believe, is Sliders being equal across the board helps minimize calculations that need to occur generates smoother animations/player interactions

- when different variables are used, the game has to throw those different numbers into whatever formula is being used & has to churn something out quickly, leading to warps, wrong animations, repetitive animation selection etc…

I started on Varsity & it was cool, but went to All-American & the gameplay really stood out to me
***Heisman produced too much visible wonkiness for me
Will report back, but as always test things yourself & go based off your own feel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »