Home

How lame.

This is a discussion on How lame. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: How lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98
Exactly. He's not in the developer's interview at Gamespot, so we just may be in luck this year. Here's to hoping he won't rear his ugly head.
Are you talking about Rod "Mulletman" Moye? Please tell me hes not involved in anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
Red face Re: How lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I am not interested at all with this 'feature'. I just hope that we don't have to wait to long to hear about the actual gameplay features. It looks like from the screens that they've implemented the 2005 Madden graphical tweaking, mostly the lighting which is awesome.

But I want to know about the game. This create a legend is completely worthless to me. I also hope that the singer from Nickelback isn't the lead producer again. If he is, then I'm very scared.

Agreed. What's next after Heisman race, Dorm room views. Player loses Heisman, develops drinking problem - cut scene of dorm room with Jim Beam bottles littering the floor, kicked out of school, cheerleader girlfriend leaves user created player, import player into Grand Theft Auto.

For God's sake, let me and the CPU complete a 3 yard pass to my tailback.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:40 AM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRaynes
Agreed. What's next after Heisman race, Dorm room views. Player loses Heisman, develops drinking problem - cut scene of dorm room with Jim Beam bottles littering the floor, kicked out of school, cheerleader girlfriend leaves user created player, import player into Grand Theft Auto.
For God's sake, let me and the CPU complete a 3 yard pass to my tailback.
Stop before you give them any ideas. Before you know it theyll have a Crazy Taxi minigame in there for 2007.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Doesn't this Dorm Room thing seem kind of stupid for EA to try to do. Why should a star player have a better dorm room than a lesser known player? It happens in real life, but it seems like the NCAA should have a problem with star players being able to buy expensive things for their dorm room after a big game or a good season. Seems kind of like accepting gifts. They should abandon this mode and beef up the SI feature or recruiting.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:45 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albsur2003
Doesn't this Dorm Room thing seem kind of stupid for EA to try to do. Why should a star player have a better dorm room than a lesser known player? It happens in real life, but it seems like the NCAA should have a problem with star players being able to buy expensive things for their dorm room after a big game or a good season. Seems kind of like accepting gifts. They should abandon this mode and beef up the SI feature or recruiting.
Or even upgrading your girlfriend as your prestige increases. Even though the majority of people who play this are too old for this feature to have any appeal, I can see angry moms complaining about this as well. So then, why not bring back the tearing down of the goal posts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #46
Rookie

mjacks10's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRaynes
Lets not forget that cheerleader girlfriend coming back claiming to be pregnant...but seriously, I'm not at all interested in this gimmick. If anything, I'm a little put off by it because to me, it is the most worthless thing that they've added since mascot teams. I'm not saying this to bash EA, but it builds ZERO interest from me. I'll patiently wait for gameplay info & most likely wait to rent it before deciding whether or not to buy.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:44 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjacks10
Lets not forget that cheerleader girlfriend coming back claiming to be pregnant...but seriously, I'm not at all interested in this gimmick. If anything, I'm a little put off by it because to me, it is the most worthless thing that they've added since mascot teams. I'm not saying this to bash EA, but it builds ZERO interest from me. I'll patiently wait for gameplay info & most likely wait to rent it before deciding whether or not to buy.
But lets say you were bashing EA, how can you really say its not justifiable. I still play NCAA 2005 even though I have to deactivate the fatigue and Im a big fan of Madden 2005 actually but this feature is so off the mark when you consider the average age of its NCAA customer. Bashing them in this case is justifiable.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:06 PM   #48
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't worry guys we can always not buy it and simply buy....oh wait....they're the only game in town.

This marks year 6 of this steller engine!

Anyone else going to hate the prospect of playing NCAA with no Tunnel Vision and then hopping into Madden and geting a QB with flashlight eyeballs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »