Home

How lame.

This is a discussion on How lame. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #65
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
See youre wrong. People are already mad about last year. To make them even angrier makes it that much harder to win them over.
people on this board are mad about last year. this board does not represent all of the gaming population. probably about 5 or 6 of my friends own the game and dont care about the dropped balls because they still thought that the game was fun. 2 of my cousins who are both 26 and some of their friends didnt care about it that much either. i would say over half the people who bought the game last year did not care all that much or if they did it wouldnt stop them from picking it up. so to advertise the first thing they release to say that they fixed the catch bug would not get much of a reaction to these kind of people.
also i dont know much about video game programming but i dont think they would be done with all the coding already. i would think they would start looking for bugs once they were finished with the "rough copy" of the game and then go back and change what they need.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 04:16 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker78
people on this board are mad about last year. this board does not represent all of the gaming population. probably about 5 or 6 of my friends own the game and dont care about the dropped balls because they still thought that the game was fun. 2 of my cousins who are both 26 and some of their friends didnt care about it that much either. i would say over half the people who bought the game last year did not care all that much or if they did it wouldnt stop them from picking it up. so to advertise the first thing they release to say that they fixed the catch bug would not get much of a reaction to these kind of people.
also i dont know much about video game programming but i dont think they would be done with all the coding already. i would think they would start looking for bugs once they were finished with the "rough copy" of the game and then go back and change what they need.
Do those people consistently buy the game? Id bet the people who buy it annually are the ones who have the highest expectations. Im not sure if the 80/20 rule is in effect here but the idea is still something not to be ignored.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:19 PM   #67
MVP

rocker78's Arena

Quote:
Do those people consistently buy the game? Id bet the people who buy it annually are the ones who have the highest expectations. Im not sure if the 80/20 rule is in effect here but the idea is still something not to be ignored.
i dont know about my cousins they probably didnt but they probably played it alot in college. but about 3 of those friends do buy the game annualy and the others played it at my house all the time. last year consisted of coming to my house or som1 elses and drink and play ncaa football all night.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Old 04-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #68
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

If you want silly metrics...the average console owner is 26.something. That means half older and half younger. Now, what skews that number is the 40 year olds that OWN the console, but there 15 year olds play it.

Here's the problem...

You guys think that YOU are average game buyers....YOU AREN'T. Hardcore sports gamers/sim gamers are not the corp audience. They are guarenteed dollars for EA. They need the 12-16 year olds to drop their $50 on NCAA instead of Tekken or GTA or Sonic or Mario. The sports gaming crowd is on the hook...especially when this is the only NCAA game in town.

The Dorm Room is not for you. It's for the kids who still sleep down the hall from Mom and Dad. The virtual g/f is for them.

We're the tail...joe average gamer is the dog. Who's doing the wagging?

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 04-14-2005, 05:41 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
If you want silly metrics...the average console owner is 26.something. That means half older and half younger. Now, what skews that number is the 40 year olds that OWN the console, but there 15 year olds play it.

Here's the problem...

You guys think that YOU are average game buyers....YOU AREN'T. Hardcore sports gamers/sim gamers are not the corp audience. They are guarenteed dollars for EA. They need the 12-16 year olds to drop their $50 on NCAA instead of Tekken or GTA or Sonic or Mario. The sports gaming crowd is on the hook...especially when this is the only NCAA game in town.

The Dorm Room is not for you. It's for the kids who still sleep down the hall from Mom and Dad. The virtual g/f is for them.

You are preaching to the choir my friend..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #70
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Here's the problem...

you're right and its a damn shame they could give two ****s about us.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:55 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

Here's the problem...

Who says anything about being average. Besides, are you familiar with the 80/20 rule? It says that 20% of your customers make up for 80% of your sales and furthermore, for this reason relationships are important (at least as of a few years ago). This is what EA is disregarding, presumably because, as you say, they think its money in the bank. EA is really working hard to test your theory about "guaranteed dollars". Thats the grievance as much as anything. Is it money in the bank with so many people angry about 2005? Time will tell.

Last edited by glucklich; 04-14-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 06:14 PM   #72
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Who says anything about being average. Besides, are you familiar with the 80/20 rule? It says that 20% of your customers make up for 80% of your sales and furthermore, for this reason relationships are important (at least as of a few years ago). This is what EA is disregarding, presumably because, as you say, they think its money in the bank. EA is really working hard to test your theory about "guaranteed dollars". Thats the grievance as much as anything. Is it money in the bank with so many people angry about 2005? Time will tell.
We've always considered it 90/10, but, yes, I do get the theory. However, this group is never going to "teach EA a lesson" because we are lemming. That's what being hardcore sports gamers do. Until you say "not good enough...I'm taking my ball ($50) and going home", it means nothing. And, if that did happen, likely they would just shoot for a more arcade title to sell to the kids.

Remember... Blitz, Street and the sort sell A LOT OF UNITS!!!

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »