Home

Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

This is a discussion on Recruiting strategies, tips, etc... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 09:09 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
Here's where all the 5 star players go with all computer recruiting....

Top 5 Classes

1. Tennessee *****5 ; ****6 ; ***8 ; **5 ; *1 ; Total = 25
2. Texas *****2 ; ****12 ; ***10 ; **1 ; *0 ; Total = 25
3. Michigan *****2 ; ****9 ; ***9 ; **3 ; *2 ; Total = 25
4. Oklahoma *****2 ; ****8 ; ***11 ; **3 ; *1 ; Total = 25
5. LSU *****1 ; ****9 ; ***12 ; **3 ; *0 ; Total = 25
Great info man! It's good to see that the 5-stars are going to schools where you would expect them to.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:08 AM   #58
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym
re: Recruiting to open up new PIPELINES?

I simmed all but one game in my first season as UTEP. Currently, my PIPELINES are Texas, Arizona, and California... while recruiting my NEEDS during the offseason, mostly from Texas, I have also decided to recruit 1 and 2 star guys from nearby states in the hopes that if I get enough from a couple/few of them, that they too may become PIPELINES for my school.

Has anyone attempted this? If so, how many players do you think you need to generate a new PIPELINE?

Thanks
I believe the number to establish a pipeline is three... I use Hawaii. Most of my recruits are from Hawaii and California. However I have now established a pipeline with New Mexico and Arizona.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 3

Yeah 3 looks to be correct... I have 3 players from oklahomo (that's not a misspelling ) now but lost a couple from Arizona.... So now my PIPELINES are Texas, OK, and Cali.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:21 PM   #60
Rookie

mjdiggy's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah, I opened up a pipeline to New Jersey by getting 3 recruits from there in one year. I'm West Virginia, by the way... I'm trying like hell to open a pipeline to California, because that's where all the studs are... but it's not going well. Anyone had any success opening pipelines to far-away states?

For in-season recruiting, it's the best and easiest way to get 4 and 5-star recruits to come to your school, because if you're a 3-star program, you sure as hell can't do it in the off-season.

In-season, I target 15 guys initially, all 4 or 5-stars, without regard to what state they're in. After Week 1, I pick three guys (there are usually three or four who have a slightly higher interest than the others), and give them all 33 or 34%. I'll usually get all three, and with some luck, I'll get them quickly... and then I can take the newly-available points and put them towards someone else... perhaps even going 100% at someone later in the season if I can.

That's been my strategy, and it's working. Without the in-season recruiting, it would be very hard to make your team better, because off-season recruiting this year is much more difficult.

Couple of questions...

1) Now that I've built the program a little bit, I'm finding that offensive players want to play here, but defensive ones don't. In the off-season, I get very few defensive players interested in playing here, but offense, I get a ton. Anyone else seeing this?

2) Is there no longer a way to "sort by column" in recruiting? For instance, I'd like to go to the Top 100, and sort by interest, but I don't think I can this year. I'm finding that annoying as hell. Did EA take it out, or am I an idiot?

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #61
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdiggy
Yeah, I opened up a pipeline to New Jersey by getting 3 recruits from there in one year. I'm West Virginia, by the way... I'm trying like hell to open a pipeline to California, because that's where all the studs are... but it's not going well. Anyone had any success opening pipelines to far-away states?

For in-season recruiting, it's the best and easiest way to get 4 and 5-star recruits to come to your school, because if you're a 3-star program, you sure as hell can't do it in the off-season.

In-season, I target 15 guys initially, all 4 or 5-stars, without regard to what state they're in. After Week 1, I pick three guys (there are usually three or four who have a slightly higher interest than the others), and give them all 33 or 34%. I'll usually get all three, and with some luck, I'll get them quickly... and then I can take the newly-available points and put them towards someone else... perhaps even going 100% at someone later in the season if I can.

That's been my strategy, and it's working. Without the in-season recruiting, it would be very hard to make your team better, because off-season recruiting this year is much more difficult.

Couple of questions...

1) Now that I've built the program a little bit, I'm finding that offensive players want to play here, but defensive ones don't. In the off-season, I get very few defensive players interested in playing here, but offense, I get a ton. Anyone else seeing this?

2) Is there no longer a way to "sort by column" in recruiting? For instance, I'd like to go to the Top 100, and sort by interest, but I don't think I can this year. I'm finding that annoying as hell. Did EA take it out, or am I an idiot?

Thanks.

I have always assumed recruit interest (Offensive versus Defensive) is tied to how well your Offensive or Defensive unit performs. If you have a highly ranked Defense then more defensive players will be interested and vice versa. I recall in past versions that a player on my team would win an award and then I would in subsequent years have players from that same position with high interest.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think the game creates new players for the offseason. You only see guys who have high interest in you during the inseason, and it's also probably only guys who want to sign early. The thing I don't like is that EVERY inseason guy signs inseason, which isn't very realistic. I think it would be better if some guys didn't sign and carried over to the offseason.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:07 PM   #63
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

In my experiences guys dont always sign inseason. Of the inseason recruits not all of them signed with clubs some give soft verbals and make decisions or sign elsewhere at the end of the season.

I usually target 10-14 guys during the in season and as their interest in me drops i take their points and redistribute them. This past season I landed 8 recruits from the inseason recruiting list, getting rejected or losing interest in 6 others.

I did see on my Top 100 list that about 20 recruits didnt sign with a club and were still taking offers.
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 07-14-2005, 04:12 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 4

For WVU are you using their D, the 3-5-3? That may be hurting you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »