Home

Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2006, 09:42 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

Notre Dame Box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2006, 10:01 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I have 4 main things that I would like to see:

1. MISSED FG's by the AI...Come on how did you miss that.
2. Bobbled Snaps. This would make you think twice before going for it on 4th and inches and it usually happens about once per game in real life.
3. Blocked Kicks returned for TD's. I have blocked my fair share of kicks, which I love, but the Kicker always pounces on the ball.
4. Do whatever you have to do reduce the completeion % on long bombs accross all skill levels.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

the "L1" swat ball should be automatic on defense. Any person above the age of 5 could hit an object that is headed right for them, its basic coordination. why cant all american corners seem to figure that out.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:47 AM   #44
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

One gripe of mine (and I have many):

The sidelines...they're too empty. In a big game, there should be coaches, players, photographers, journalists, etc...and even in smaller games, there should be many more coaches and players than there are in the game.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #45
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I think that there are way too many "big hits". You know the one in the middle of the line where the defensive player jumps off the ground to put a shoulder into the running back and knock him head over heels. This happens way to often. We need a lot of new tackling animations.

I like the idea of more people on the sidelines.

Sportscenter in game updates or a post game show.

The two biggest?

IN GAME SAVES or SIM TO END
A 2K SPORTS STYLE KICKING METER WHERE THE CPU MISSES FG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #46
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
A 2K SPORTS STYLE KICKING METER WHERE THE CPU MISSES FG.
I think if EA keeps the right analog kick method that they HAVE to go to the 2K method of a drifting arrow. Its the only way to add a real challenge to doing it. There was nothing wrong with the old way so I would like to see them return to that but its doubtful.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:02 AM   #47
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
One further note on the fact that the CPU never misses field goals wide left or right in this game. EA should go back to the timing system OR use a moving target arrow like 2K used to have in their games. Right now every time you line up for a kick between the hashes, you just have to push up and down on the R-stick to make the kick 100% of the time. Well if the accuracy/target arrow we use for where we want to kick the ball (and its height) had a drift to it like 2K5 used, the kicks would be much harder and more realistic. This way they could still keep the R-stick if they wanted to.

Just to pound home the point, make sure the CPU FG accuracy slider works on ALL levels EA! You couldn't get the CPU kickers to miss on Heisman in '06 either. Kickers should miss on all levels. Make the actual gameplay harder but I see no reason to change the CPU kicking game on any level.
I like the idea of having two meters, one for the kick and one for the snap itself. The snap isn't automatic. Some type of old NBA live free throw crosshairs would be good (have to time it up to snap it in the middle) and then the kick meter. And yes the kick meter is WAY too easy.

Appearances

Essentially, I want my team to look like my team. Right now every team kind of has a generic feel to it, I want more options to personalize it. Not every young coach with a hat should look alike, just as my O-line should not have the same basic body type as my DB's.

Also, is it so hard to keep up with equipment? New helmets, visors that actually work on the Revolution helmets, 2 different colored long sleeves, towels for QB's, muffs, eye black or stickers option (with either a logo or even an area code ala reggie), actually having white ankle tape be white instead of having 2 black ankle tapes for some teams (CMU, Ohio, etc...), sweatbands on the chin straps, knee braces (most teams these are mandatory for o-lineman), and more facemask options. Also, if a player gets hurt maybe have him wear a brace for the next game on that part or change helmets if he gets a concussion. Maybe more brands for the Uni's (Russell, Reebok, New Balance for Central Michigan) and shoes. Maybe even have a shoe slot for each player.

Also, a bunch more appearance options, hairstyles, variable hair length, two color hair (ever watched a Hawai'i game), slot for facial hair, make lineman actually able to have a belly sometimes instead of looking like superman, maybe a couple different preset body types (muscle, skinny, fat, athletic, and normal?) and then the ability to tweak them.

A bunch more options for coaches when you are editing. Where is Tressel's sweater vest? Once again many more options in this area so you don't have 30 coaches look alike in your dynasty. Seperate slots for Hair, facial hair, headwear, etc...

That being said, it doesn't have to turn into Winning Eleven appearance options, but everything just seems like it is done half-heartedly right now.

Gameplay

Along with the two part Kicking Meter mentioned above, other issues persist. Obviously no gang tackling is annoying, and needs to be implemented. How bout a half-tackle or sack? Although when only one guy can make a tackle I see why EA has shied away from this. When running triple option actually being able to read someone for give or pull, instead of essentially just deciding on a whim.

Much more running plays out of the gun (quick traps, dart, A SHOVEL PASS, and shovel triple, maybe some jets sweeps and Veer out of the gun - ala Texas A&M). Also some single wing stuff (Qb turns his back to the line ala Arkansas) out of the gun, maybe a Wing-T with double dive, or evne a midline option or outside veer. Oh, I could go on and on on plays. For playbooks have the ability to use any formations even the "embedded" ones (Emory and Henry, Pistol Unbalanced, etc..) in any custom playbook, and more formations to work with.

Also, maybe you could set your self up as a no-huddle team, where your playbook would be trimmed from the total playbook (maybe having 6 formations instead of 12), but have the ability to call more than 5 different plays, instead having access to your shrunk playbook. It is tough trying to replicate West Virginia when you have to huddle every play to get some diversity in your offense. You could even get creative and show sidline animation for plays being signaled in or something to that effect. As people have said, never does a reciever do the yell back in motion bc hand signals are used.

For Defense, the ability to call line stunts then coverage was a huge plus in the NFL2k games, as it increased your ability to do different things on each play, and you wouldn't have to call things at the line.

Even more special team stuff - Rugby punts, goofy spread punt with players really spread and 3 personal protectors. Having your safe return actually have return men back there. Ability to run 1, 2, or 3 deep on punt returns. Different formations for kick returns, 5-4-2, 5-4-2 Diamond, 6-3-2, etc... Also maybe a starburst return or a three-way return for some more options. Although I think you should have to choose your special teams playbook just like any other, so you wouldn't be able to run all of these, this simulates limited practice time.

Dynasty Mode

I like a lot of the ideas mentioned above. Having the ability to increase your athletic budget through wins/bowl wins for recruiting costs or expanding your stadium would be great.

At least having an O and D coordinator would be nice, and even the ability to start the game as one would be cool too (for example, as an O coordinator, only call O plays, recruit O Guys, O practice - individual drills). Stats for the coaches would be nice too. Be able to be a guy like an Urban Meyer or a Rich Rodriguez and make that jump from a coordinator to a head coach would add a lot more depth to the game.

Also, the ability to have the D-I and IAA seasons running at the same time would be neat. For example you could lose that guy who could start in a few years for you to the local IAA team becuase he could play right away at the other school. However, if you do it do it right, with a full playoff and all.

Also, add Somoa as a recruiting region as a lot of good athletes come out of there, with maybe more Hawaiian or Somoan sounding names for recruiting those areas instead of having Hawaiian kids named John Smith.

During in season, I really like the ability to look at game stats form the recruits season, maybe accolades or havign a quick convo with them. Gametape would be cool to look at for them too.

Add back in the postseason all-star games, and even could be named to coach the teams if your team does well.

More Options

Many things should be optional, Don't like momentum meter? optional. How about having impact cutscenes? optional. I like my options.

There's more stuff but that's all I can think of for now, feel free to comment.

Last edited by southside_hitmen; 12-09-2006 at 05:19 AM.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:43 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

My wish is that EA sports hires a physicist. There are some issues with player momentum and reaction times. Along with the whole tipped ball thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »