Home

NCAA 08 Top 25 (Gamespot Football Preview)

This is a discussion on NCAA 08 Top 25 (Gamespot Football Preview) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #49
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA 08 Top 25 (Gamespot Football Preview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Sorry, but your an idiot for thinking that. If that were the case, then college football fans around the nation would be putting their rivals players name on a website trying to get them ineligible. They are allowed to be famous because of who they are, just not get special benefits like getting free food and cars. There is a reason preview magazines don't list players as CB #3
Did you really need to call him an idiot?

North Carolina TarheelsCarolina PanthersCarolina Hurricanes Charlotte Hornets
Old 07-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same here. but of course I always use Wv in my dynasty.
Same here because I am a WVU fan! Let's gooooooo Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!

I thought the Mountaineers would be ranked #3 or #4 , but I'll take #6!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #51
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I think it is safe to say that on the whole, ratings are drastically inflated this year. I'm not a fan of it.
I can see all the online cheesers using Arkansas and putting McFadden at QB hehe.

The ratings upped alot seem to suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
WTF!?

Where the hell is Hawaii?

They are in the top 25 in reality are they not. So why then are they not on this list? There top three would/should be QB Colt Brennan, WR Davone Bess (Led the team in Receptions (95), Yards (1220), TD (15), 100+ yard games (6) ), WR Ryan Grice Mullen.

I understand they have an easy schedule this season, but it is not the players fault that Herman Frazier is an inept idiot.
Herman Frazier is not to blame. Hawaii used to be thought of as a "Vacation+Easy Win" program. Now that they're good, and wins and loses are soooooooo important in the BCS, good programs no longer wanna play them because of the risk/reward factor. Even though Hawaii is good, if a big school beats them, people are still gonna say "Meh, they beat Hawaii, but if they lose, they'll say "THEY LOST TO HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 07-07-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
I can see all the online cheesers using Arkansas and putting McFadden at QB hehe.

The ratings upped alot seem to suck.
I don't know.

It seems like they unbalanced them this year, and I like that.

Last year and in 2006, every mediocre player was an 88-92. If you started for a decent team, you were in that range.

This year, it seems like the just overrated players at the top. A lot more rankings in the 94+ department, but a lot fewer in the 88-92 range. I like this a lot better because it makes a gap between a good player and a great player.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Herman Frazier is not to blame. Hawaii used to be thought of as a "Vacation+easy victory" school. Now, they're good, and since wins and loses are soooooooo important in the BCS, good schools no longer wanna play them because of the risk/reward factor. If a big school beats Hawaii, it's "Meh, they beat Hawaii, but if they lose, it's "THEY LOST TO HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
That's not true at all.

Hawaii is 1-3 against BCS teams with a winning record their last 4 home games. Hawaii has an easy schedule for the same reason any team has an easy schedule: because they felt like playing an easy schedule.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
That's not true at all.

Hawaii is 1-3 against BCS teams with a winning record their last 4 home games. Hawaii has an easy schedule for the same reason any team has an easy schedule: because they felt like playing an easy schedule.
Hawaii's Weak Schedule Not It's Fault
Link:http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...1f6cbe30c94a71

So this is what it has come to. Not only does Hawaii have to beg teams to play in paradise, it has to sweeten the deal with three-quarters of a million dollars.
********> var blogId = 0; var idLocation = document.location.href.indexOf('?t='); if( idLocation > 0) { blogId = document.location.href.substring(idLocation + 3); } if(blogId > 0) { document.write(''); document.write('
'); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write('
'); } And still no takers.
"Teams don't want to make the trip anymore," says Hawaii coach June Jones. "They come here, we kick their ***, they go home."
That's not bravado, folks. That's fact. In the past five seasons, Jones' teams have beaten Michigan State, Alabama, Purdue and Arizona State -- an impressive BCS foursome. No wonder no one wanted in when the Warriors were looking for a game to complete this fall's schedule.
No wonder Michigan State tried for a year to get out of a game -- the same one Hawaii now can't replace -- before finally paying $250,000 to do so. No wonder when Florida -- big, bad Florida -- agreed to play the Warriors in Gainesville for the 2008 season opener, there was no offer to return a home game to Hawaii.
Remember all these things when you're whining about Hawaii's cupcake schedule later this year. When the Warriors' unbeaten regular season includes wins over I-AA Northern Colorado and Charleston Southern. When snooty major conference teams are politicking for a spot in a BCS game ahead of Hawaii because, really, who did the Warriors play?
Hawaii's administration officially called it quits last month. No more begging, no more pleading, no more $750,000 guaranteed payout offers. One BCS athletic director told me it costs "no more than $350,000" for a team to travel to Hawaii and play. You do the math. A BCS school could have walked away with $400,000 of cold, hard profit -- for a road game.
Jones wouldn't get into specifics but did say "a couple" of Pac-10 teams were recently offered the $750,000 -- and national television coverage -- and declined. So the team with a record-setting quarterback and Heisman Trophy candidate (Colt Brennan), the program that will have 11 players from last year's 11-win team in NFL camps this summer, was reduced to landing a BCS team desperate for any television exposure (Washington) and two I-AA teams to reach the minimum 12 games.
The NCAA allows Hawaii to play 13 games and allows mainland teams an exempt game for playing at Hawaii. The Michigan State game was the 13th game, and now Hawaii has only one BCS opponent, which isn't enough to legitimize its schedule.
Because, heaven knows, non-BCS schools better load up with games against BCS schools if they want to be considered in an opinion-driven poll system.
You can have all the concocted and convoluted theories about why the little guy can't play with the big guy, but Hawaii, Boise State and Utah, among others, are proving that the little guys can. Plus, the non-BCS schools (Boise State, Utah) that have played in BCS bowls are 2-0.
Certainly the big guys are beginning to take the little guys more seriously. Which brings us back to Jones' original statement: No team wants to come to paradise to get its *** kicked. Fair enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #56
Banned

Those "impressive" BCS teams Hawaii beat:

Michigan St: 5-7
Alabama: 4-9
Purdue: 7-6
Arizona St: 6-6 (bowl game)

Here are some other BCS teams Hawaii has played at home, and the result for Hawaii:

Oregon St (10-4) L 35-32
Southern Cal (12-1) L 63-17
Wisconsin (10-3) L 41-24
Florida Atlantic (not UF, Florida St, or Miami) (1AA) L 35-28

Any team can schedule at least a solid team, and certainly nobody is terrified of Hawaii. They're 1-3 the last 2 years against BCS teams with winning records at home.

You can believe that 117 teams turned them down, but we all know that isn't true. Same deal with Boise, Auburn, and every other team that makes up some excuse for a sorry BCS schedule.

If USC can manage to play a full schedule every year while being the most dominant force in the ultraverse, Hawaii can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »