Home

Official Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Official Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2007, 07:09 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Official Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
What a difference a year makes..........I'm in love
I am too!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCats101
My impressions so far:

The Good: The 60fps is definitely noticeable, and the graphics and presentation look cleaner and sharper.

The feel of the game is nice too, very responsive.

The new animations for tackling are particularly impressive.

The Bad: The atmosphere feels just as tame as last year. The crowd were largely muted. (despite leaping around crazily in the stands) A bit of twiddling with the volume settings in the finished product will sort this out to an extent, but I get the sense that we will not see, or rather hear, the amazing college football atmosphere in this year's version.
Well, the atmosphere is not great, but at least the gameplsy is awesome which is the important thing!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:13 AM   #59
Pro

rastak's Arena

OVR: 5

Transition between plays seemed really jerky....maybe it's just my system. I'll try again tonight after work. Gameplay seemed ok though.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:17 AM   #60
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm not real happy right now, USC and Michigan are my two most hated teams in NCAA... perhaps I won't play this demo at all.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 19

NCAA 08 Demo Impressions

Well if you don't know the NCAA 08 Demo is out on the Marketplace, and I'll write up a few impressions for anyone who is stuck at work today. If you are wondering in 2 Minute quarters on varsity, with Michigan at USC

60 FPS - This is EXTREMELY noticeable, I could tell the difference as soon as Michigan kicked off, the game seems to run very smoothly and its a welcome upgrade over 07

Gang Tackling - As this has been a wanted feature for ages now, Its here and its done fairly well, In my first game I saw at least 3 gang tackles. As well on one play my RB was falling to the ground due to a tackler, then another defender came and finished the job (first tackler had fell doing a shoulder tackle). I also saw a tackle were a blocker knocked my first tackler off, then two other DB's made the tackle. Also like to mention I had a few fumbles caused due to big gang tackles

WR/DB Play - The WR's played very nicely even though on a few plays like a hook when the ball just hit him. I passed to #7 on USC and he attempted to get his feet inbounds (unsuccessfully I might add). I also saw a one handed catch animation in the back of the endzone exactly like the one TO does in the Madden Trailer, it looked very cool but it was out of my WR's reach and he got interfered with. From what I have seen the WR's can branch out of animations as I caught the pass and quickly did a spin.

The DB's played well in my first game as I came away with 2 interceptions on forced throws into coverage as well as my DB jumping the route and picking it but also getting burned on it from time to time. I have seen a mid air collision as my WR jumped up for the pass and the DB hit him in the legs as he touched the ball causing him to flip and drop the pass, I thought it was very cool and defiantly a JACKED UP! moment.

Offensive Line/Defensive Line - The offensive line play seems to be solid as I had a good run game with USC in my first game where they picked up the proper man. They also seem to block much better on outside runs, for the pass blocking I liked the sight of a half decent pocket being formed on most plays. I also saw a guard push a jumping DT to the ground while trying to swat a pass.

Graphics - In NCAA 08 they seemed to tone down the graphics to a certain extend, but I'm not on a HDTV at the moment so I'll pass judgment on this for now other then the player look much more "real" and less bulky not to worry the big guys are still big.

Presentation - Not much doing here, for injuries all that happened here was the player lied there and a screen came up saying the injury and time out for, no animation on the players part.

The after play celebrations and emotion was very cool as a WR would throw up his hands in anger on a no call or bad pass, RB's reach out the ball after getting tackled, overall pretty cool as I've seen a pretty good variety already. Also no audio commentary in demo version.

Progressive Fatigue - I thought this feature was very cool as on a long run the runner would tire and slow down and this was shown in the running animation. Because of the 2 minute quarters I didn't notice it much other then on long runs

Play Calling Screen - They switched it up a bit, it still very similar but not the big box pictures just a smaller screen with text instead.

Crowds - The USC was cheering at the right times and silent after a loss of yards. They also chanted some stuff but I wasn't listening to much

Auto Motion - Simple, Easy, and gets the players moving for you I like it

my last point is USC seems to be much better then Michigan and Hart looses the goodies from big hits alot...but other then that hope your as pumped as I am as well the computer missed a FG from 40 yards, hopefully that was not a one time thing. Also players cannot turn on a dime, instead the WR had to put his hand down to keep himself up which looked natural and looked pretty good.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 07:19 AM   #62
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I'm never DLing a demo again.

This crap is still only @ 80%, and it's been downloading for nearly 2 freakin' hours.
Just over 20 minutes for me

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-10-2007, 07:24 AM   #63
Rookie

rj102990's Arena

OVR: 3

do they let you try out super-sim?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:24 AM   #64
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

One good thing I noticed is that there seem to be a lot of minor injuries that put a guy out for a play or two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »