Home

*OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (PS3)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2007, 02:53 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (PS3)

Hey guys i'm really considering moving from the 360 to the PS3, mainly because of "The Show". Could you guys let me know 1) Is NCAA 08 on PS3 comparable to NCAA 08 on the 360 and 2) Is the roster transfer issue a problem on the PS3 3) is there any missing features on the PS3, ie legend mode.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:57 AM   #50
Rookie

Taitr23's Arena

OVR: 2

Can't answer the questions regarding the 360 because i haven't played this years version on it. I will just tell you the ps3 version is very impressive to me so far.

The roster transfer is 10x easier on the ps3 than it is the 360. You just get a flash drive, 5$ off ebay.

360, you have to buy a memory card and transfer kit, atleast 30$. FWIW
Old 07-14-2007, 03:03 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ya i used to do it with the 360 before since I have one... I just want to make sure before i switch to the PS3 that this "roster issue" that's plaguing the xbox isnt going to be an issue with the PS3.

Taitr have you tried moving the rosters on NCAA 08 from one PS3 to another? Also other than the FPS have you heard of any differences from the 360 to PS3. I know you dont have a 360, just wondering if you have heard anything I havent here.

Thanks again.

Last edited by djrenown; 07-14-2007 at 03:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 07:42 AM   #52
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitr23
1. I feel the secondary play has vastly improved. I haven't completed any deep balls. The zone coverage can still be a little soft at times, but they are in the position to make a place if you user control.

2. I have seen 3 fumbles in 3 games, doesn't seem like an issue.

3. The running game seems pretty good. The blocks in front of you actually make sense. Running seems more difficult to do though this year. Just because it isn't as easy to ellude people.

4. Running with the qb is extremely toned down. They get dead tired very quickly and the defenslive linemen seem faster.

5. Haven't gotten real in depth.

6. No way, I love the game already. The gameplay is a lot slower than years past and that is my biggest gripe. I feel though with some time, I will get used to that part.
The slow game speed was something that was really noticeable on the demo. I'm going to have to get used to it once I get the game. Can't seem to find one early.

Thanks Nish for the comments on the framerate. I was stunned by how smooth the 360 demo but its good to know the PS3 is still good if not silky smooth.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #53
Rookie

Nish4's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Thanks Nish for the comments on the framerate. I was stunned by how smooth the 360 demo but its good to know the PS3 is still good if not silky smooth.
At first you will be upset about the feel of the game play, especially after seeing the 360, but it grows on you quickly. It isnt all bad, I just wish we could see it at 60 fps, because everything looks to smooth and like you have even more control over every action your player makes.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 24

As much as I would like to have the game early, I can wait until tuesday. It is good to hear the PS3 version is not horrible. besides the slower gameplay, has anybody noticed anything bad about it?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #55
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Some excellent PS3 impressions from MM after about 6 hours of play. He was CG before this so like many of us (me included) the jump to the PS3 will definately involve a learning curve. Without having seen the demo he thinks the PS3 looks good. He said the blocking feels like 2K and have a number of positive and negative things to say. He was really ticked to find out there are NO formation subs or packages. I didn't realize that but its a good read.

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=162764
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 24

No substitutions?? Can anyone else confirm this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »