Home

Always a full stadium..again...

This is a discussion on Always a full stadium..again... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Always a full stadium..again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortak
But you think they might be able to do atleast SOME things in 2 1/2..
The 360 hasnt even been out for 2yrs so what are you talking about? This is only their second yr on next gen.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #10
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by speef22
Kinda my thinking as well.....I can't imagine coding an attendance calculator is too much extra work....oh wait...forgot who're talking about here....LOL my bad!! I am not trying to say that this kills the game, just seems like a fairly simple, yet needed for the genre, function, especially if your going to advertise authenticity/atmosphere as your big selling points...

-Speef
It's much more than an attendance calculator. You'd have to dynamically decide how many people are at the game, create the sprites, decide where they're going to sit, and draw them there.

That's fairly complex because it's got to be decided for every game.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #11
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The 360 hasnt even been out for 2yrs so what are you talking about? This is only their second yr on next gen.
you think they just started developing this game after the 360 was already released?...2 1/2 years is about right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by speef22
I thought the days of sports video games always having sellouts was over.....i miss my little school getting cheers from more crickets than people, then as I grow the school watching the stands fill up and get loud is awesome....this sucks, or is it that I am getting lucky and selling tickets early in my season?!?! I hope so , but highly doubt my Wyoming Cowboys are going to sellout against Utah State(lol).....oh, and yes I do see that there is an "average attendance" tracked, but I am looking at the actual stands, because 15,000 looks and sounds a whole lot different than 34,000...Let me know if you experience/feel the same way...thanks

-Speef
I'm with you 100%. I loved this in last gen. I'd always take a crappy program and loved the fact that the only people who attended games were either family members or friends of the players. Then of course once you started winning the stands would fill up.

I truely hope it returns in '09.

I can almost swear I saw a screen of '08 that had empty seats. I'll try and find it... maybe that was practice mode?

Last edited by BigD; 07-19-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
It's much more than an attendance calculator. You'd have to dynamically decide how many people are at the game, create the sprites, decide where they're going to sit, and draw them there.

That's fairly complex because it's got to be decided for every game.
It's not that complex, if they can do it on current gen, or even my old PS1 then next gen shouldn't be any harder.....I am not saying it's easy like coding my fav old BASIC games(as my hand cramps thinking about it...), but the execution shouldnt be difficult, as for "each game" they only need to draw in the people and adjust loudness accordingly, they are already calculating the attendance, just not graphicly depicting it.......all i am really trying to say is it's just a missed polished part by EA, they will hopefully get it in next year.....until then here's to my sellout with only 18000 on hand LOL
Old 07-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
I'm with you 100%. I loved this in last gen. I'd always take a crappy program and loved the fact that the only people who attended games were either family members or friends of the players. Then of course once you started winning the stands would fill up.

I truely hope it returns in '09.

I can almost swear I saw a screen of '08 that had empty seats. I'll try and find it... maybe that was practice mode?
Cheers man!! Glad I am not the only one...and I loved your comment about friends and family...so THATS who was at those games....I thought it was the local homeless and grounds keepers ROFL, good stuff man!!

-Speef
Old 07-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Are you new to the site? People cry if their teams show laces are whitish grey instead of white.

so true...

Operation Sports "where emotional dudes and Internet Tough Guys come to complain"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I wish there were dynamic crowds as well, but I'm not going to complain about it. At least the crowds are in 3D unlike current-gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »