Home

Swaying and digging into recruiting

This is a discussion on Swaying and digging into recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #17
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Swaying and digging into recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes inviting recruits to games against rivals or ranked teams is of course the best, but its just as important to know his top 3 interest when you schedule the activities for his visit.

Thats the main reason to wait, being sure that you don't schedule things that he hates, because if you do, this visit will probably only be at best, a "B-" or "C+" even if you crush your top rival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I always invite them to the big rivalry games, but I dont know if it helps at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSaints2007
I think It does, I brought in a bunch of recruits a the Middle Tennessee game, we won 56-7, and all i got was a B. However, I brought more in for the Florida game, lost 27-24, and they came back with a C, so bring them in for a big game, and then win the big game.
Thanks. I might try to schedule some guys a little later. I've been inviting them as soon as they were ready and I had their 3 interests down. I might try to save some for the big rivalry game.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #18
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
The ranking of my 35 recruits is a bit tedious for me, does it really make a difference who is #1 and who is #35, or is it just for your own organization?
Yeah the order actually matters. Its the hierarchy how important each guy is to you, and can be "seen" by your recruits. It probably isn't as big a deal if you're playing with an elite school, but if you're playing with a 3* or lower program then its going to mean more.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #19
Rookie

kingt36's Arena

OVR: 1

Should I call and pitch each of my 35 recruiting prospects after every game? This game is proving to be tedious. I like it though.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:34 AM   #20
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingt36
Should I call and pitch each of my 35 recruiting prospects after every game? This game is proving to be tedious. I like it though.
I have been calling them after every game. I wish there was a way to automate it so the computer would do it though.

Atlanta Braves
Old 07-23-2007, 12:44 AM   #21
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I have been calling them after every game. I wish there was a way to automate it so the computer would do it though.
I'm pretty sure there is... go into the coaching strategy screen- after offense and defense, there is another option that has recruiting assistance. I turned it off at the start of my dynasty but I would think if you have it on, the cpu will handle your calls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 01:41 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman
I'm pretty sure there is... go into the coaching strategy screen- after offense and defense, there is another option that has recruiting assistance. I turned it off at the start of my dynasty but I would think if you have it on, the cpu will handle your calls.
I think the computer does call and recruit for you, but does so very poorly.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Quote:
The ranking of my 35 recruits is a bit tedious for me, does it really make a difference who is #1 and who is #35, or is it just for your own organization?
Yeah the order actually matters. Its the hierarchy how important each guy is to you, and can be "seen" by your recruits. It probably isn't as big a deal if you're playing with an elite school, but if you're playing with a 3* or lower program then its going to mean more.
I don't really know how much it matters. I signed this QB in week 8 that was near the bottom of my list after only calling him once and that was the week I signed him.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #24
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I don't really know how much it matters. I signed this QB in week 8 that was near the bottom of my list after only calling him once and that was the week I signed him.
Do you recall what star level he was? I just prioritized my guys according to star rating. I've got 5 or 6 5-star recruits at the top, them about 20 4-stars and some 3-stars at the bottom of the list. My team only had needs for CB, DT, and a FB, so I tried to move them closer to the top, but I didn't give it too much thought.

Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »