Home

How Would You Rank This Year's Title?

This is a discussion on How Would You Rank This Year's Title? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #17
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How Would You Rank This Year's Title?

I'm usually not too critical of these games, I just try to enjoy them and have fun.

'07 wasn't a very good game, although it was pretty as hell coming off of last gen graphics. Visually it was unreal based on that fact.

'08 is a better game, even though massive slider tweaks are needed to keep turnovers in check. Visually not as stunning as '07 because '07 was such a quantum leap fropm 06. But in terms of game play, editable players/equipment, recruiting, etc, it's the best game I;ve played, and I've owned all these titles since the beginning.

Just my humble opinion....
Old 10-08-2007, 07:58 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd actually rate it (the next-gen version) the worst in the series yet, only because of the turnover problem. In other respects it did improve a lot on the first next-gen title (which was fairly horrible) but is rendered unplayable, for me at least, by the turnover issue.

Anyone know if there are any plans for them to fix this via a patch? If not, I'd expect there will be STACKS of these used at EB before long, if not already.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #19
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Here is how I rate the versions I have owned. I am rating them based upon the technology at the time, and the precedent that previous games had set:

03 (Xbox) - Big jump from anything previously done. Pride stickers, bowl patches on jerseys etc...tons of great details.
04 (Xbox) - Nice improvement on '03. Played this one the most of any version.
98 (PC) - If I played it today, it would probably be crappy. But 10 years ago, I had fun with it. I think it had all the fight songs which was a first for me.
08 (360)- The Ints hurt this one for me. Slow menus don't help either.
96 - (Genesis) I think it was the first with all the licensed D1 schools....And it had an option for playoffs!! But gameplay was shakey. If I recall, passing deep was easy as was the option, while running inside was impossible.
07 (XBOX) Momentum made this an excercise in slider hell. Most games were boring blowouts too.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #20
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

'07, '04, '08, '06. The menus and interceptions killed the dynasty mode for me in this one. Also I usually run a CAT dynasty with a custom playbook, which couldn't happen in '08.

'04 had the better gameplay, but dynasty wasn't as good. I could run a dynasty on '07 forever.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #21
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
The menus and interceptions killed the dynasty mode for me in this one.
At first I didn't like the dynasty menus, but I have grown to like them. I like the fact that I can right click on the headlines to get more detail on the story. In the old days, I might be perusing the stories or standings and see that USC dropped a game. If I wanted more info, I had to go to the schedule and scroll through the teams to USC. Now with a simple right click, I can see the details of who they played and how the game played out etc.

I just wish they were a little faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
I could run a dynasty on '07 forever.
Yes, we saw that with your New Yorks Vipers/Notre Dame dynasty!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Aside from the very, VERY annoying menu/sub glitches, the slight pause after each play in dynasty (thankfully this doesn't happen online) and the occasional DDE this year's game is clearly, in my mind, the best version ever of NCAA and it ain't even close..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #24
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

For me it would be 2002 on the Deuce. The first time I saw the game, my jaw dropped. It was such a huge step from the ps1. I played that game well into the spring, creating a league I had made up from when I was a kid, and playing as Brown in the Ivy League. Probably not the best, but the one that had the most impact on me. This year's game on the 360 gave me a pit in the stomach because of the disappointment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »