Home

NCAA 08 Feed Back Poll #1 Whats the most important area for NCAA09

This is a discussion on NCAA 08 Feed Back Poll #1 Whats the most important area for NCAA09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What should be the main area of focus for NCAA09?
GAME PLAY 174 58.19%
ONLINE 9 3.01%
PRESENTATION 116 38.80%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #57
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 08 Feed Back Poll #1 Whats the most important area for NCAA09

I threw a pick 6 last night on a hook pattern. I don't think I had run that pattern all game (it was the 1st quarter) and it was a 2nd and 2 or so so it wasn't an obvious play call. I watched the replay repeatedly and the CB planted his foot at the same time the WR did and he then he came back toward the QB, passing the WR by about 2 yards to make the pick and take it back. I never saw Deion Sanders break on a ball like that.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:01 AM   #58
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I threw a pick 6 last night on a hook pattern. I don't think I had run that pattern all game (it was the 1st quarter) and it was a 2nd and 2 or so so it wasn't an obvious play call. I watched the replay repeatedly and the CB planted his foot at the same time the WR did and he then he came back toward the QB, passing the WR by about 2 yards to make the pick and take it back. I never saw Deion Sanders break on a ball like that.
Yep, I have had this happen many times too. So I don't throw many hooks anymore. It is too bad, because I think hooks are fun.....they are all about timing. I find it rewarding to read the linebackers, and then time the throw perfectly for a 7 yard pickup.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:16 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I've seen it too. In real life, it's a pretty safe call, but on NCAA 08, it's a risky call. The only time I throw to a receiver on a hook patern is when he is wide open.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #60
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Throwing downfield is actually cake, even with the DB AI, when you compare it to throwing an 8-yard square in...

I love LB's with 10-foot verticals.

i disagree...i can throw underneath all game...if ur QB has a strong enough arm to put zip on it and ur feet are set then you can kill the CPU underneath

put a WR in motion sometimes to see if they're in zone or man....crossing patterns work well too

I rarely complete a pass over 25 yds unless its a 10yd pass and I get some YAC. My problem has always been the vertical passing attack.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #61
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
i disagree...i can throw underneath all game...if ur QB has a strong enough arm to put zip on it and ur feet are set then you can kill the CPU underneath

put a WR in motion sometimes to see if they're in zone or man....crossing patterns work well too

I rarely complete a pass over 25 yds unless its a 10yd pass and I get some YAC. My problem has always been the vertical passing attack.
I didn't say "throw underneath". I throw underneath as well - drags, outs, sit down routes like TE hooks, etc.

I very specifically said "square in", which is a route that the LB (CPU and Human BOTH) picks off about 90% of the time, regardless of how high it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2007, 02:09 PM   #62
MVP

ausar72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I feel they have the gameplay down pretty good now, so I'd like them to focus on presentation next year to get the real feel of the college game.
I agree for the most part with the above poster.

I would like to see what EA could actually do with the presentation, if they actually focused on it. We've seen what the many years of focusing on the gameplay engine has brought us, an to be honest you could go on and on ad infinitum tweaking the gameplay. It seems every year that this is the battlecry, as they sacrifice presentation. It always seems to be one step forward here, two steps backwards here etc...

Well enough of that! This year, EA, knock our socks off with some presentation and fix some of the basic issues with fumbling/int etc...

But give us some real, substantial upgrades to the presentation of the great game. Hell, you may even want to get around to using some of the elements of that ESPN license that you bought a while back. Just an idea...
Old 10-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #63
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think it's really funny that GAMEPLAY is leading by a large margin when by far most people on OS complained about presentation after the game came out. You mean to tell me if they tweak and enhance gameplay further but make little to no change to presentation then that will make you guys who voted for Gameplay happy?
Yes, I would be on Cloud 9. Broken gameplay elements will always cause me to stop playing the game after a month or two tops. Poor presentation will never get me to stop playing the game.

I know that I am in the extreme minority, but the game could have one stadium, no announcers, empty sidelines, and if the Dynasty and gameplay elements are tight, I'm going to happily play for months without complaining.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:24 PM   #64
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes, I would be on Cloud 9. Broken gameplay elements will always cause me to stop playing the game after a month or two tops. Poor presentation will never get me to stop playing the game.

I know that I am in the extreme minority, but the game could have one stadium, no announcers, empty sidelines, and if the Dynasty and gameplay elements are tight, I'm going to happily play for months without complaining.
Well, there's at least one other person in that extreme minority with you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »