Home

Interview questions for Fairdale Kings?

This is a discussion on Interview questions for Fairdale Kings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Interview questions for Fairdale Kings?

And come to think of it, I have a question as well. Do you know why EA dosen't enable users the ability to edit double numbers on the default rosters for schools like USC, Florida, Texas, Cal, Oklahoma etc.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #18
Rookie

SmithyDawg2008's Arena

OVR: 1

I have not always been up with the roster names, but I was up to speed with roster prices....

Question: Did this guy charge?

If so how does HE feel about the online rosters?

What was yearly income from rosters?

500 rosters at $25.00 plus = $12,500 what range was he in?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #19
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

^^He said he was making $80,000 a year and he charged $10 per roster I think. And he says he doesn't care about the online rosters now because there are still people out there that don't use online gaming. Pretty much idiotic answers to try to show immunity to everything.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 06-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
^^He said he was making $80,000 a year and he charged $10 per roster I think. And he says he doesn't care about the online rosters now because there are still people out there that don't use online gaming. Pretty much idiotic answers to try to show immunity to everything.
And just to be clear Fairdale Kings never has charged for rosters, the guy who bought his old site did. Also, I know from dealing with people ilke that guy that in the heat of an arguement when someone boasts about something like income it's probably a bit off as to the truth by about double. My bet is Brian K. made about $35,000-$40,000 last year. And who knows if that was gross or net. Which is still about $35,000-$40,000 too much IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #21
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
My bet is Brian K. made about $35,000-$40,000 last year. And who knows if that was gross or net. Which is still about $35,000-$40,000 too much IMO.
I hope he fails to pay tax on it so that we can send the IRS dogs after him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
I hope he fails to pay tax on it so that we can send the IRS dogs after him.
Heh, well I'll just say this...those wheels are already in motion

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #23
Rookie

OleMissRebel10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
If this is a crazy question just disregard it.

Does FK edit attributes and equipment in addition to names? I was wondering what all he does to the rosters since I've heard that his are the best.
In the past it was just names and numbers...and deleting players that are not on the team and creating some that are not in the game. Then others have used that file to edit attributes and equipment. dkrause1971 has been the man for 360. Not sure who does it for PS3.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Heh, well I'll just say this...those wheels are already in motion
You're not going to like what I have to say, but selling rosters online is not illegal. I'm in law school. Here is why:

EA can't do it because the names would be associated with copyrighted content (i.e. logos, mascots, trademarks). The names would be associated with the game. They would need to get licenses for the names.

However, there is nothing stopping a person for doing the dirty work and creating a black and white text file with the correct players' names. They could sell this file to the major college football magazines so the magazines would not have to do the dirty work. They would essentially be profiting off "public knowledge" and the right of free speech.... Same thing goes with creating the roster file for NCAA 09, its public knowledge and in the sale it is not associated with likeness.

Fantasy Baseball just won a huge ruling against the MLB two days ago regarding the use of names and data: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/sp...tml?ref=sports

Granted this is college athletes, but the bottom line is that the rosters are just a data file sold on a memory card... not associated with any copyrighted content or Trademarks.

Furthermore, I highly doubt the NCAA would sue because it would be a tough case and the risk is always there that you lose the case. Law suits aren't cheap and they have bigger fish to fry. I could see a buy out or something but a law suit is highly unlikely.

Now, regarding IRS infractions... that is a whole nother ball game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »