Home

How Excited are you?

This is a discussion on How Excited are you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: How Excited are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I was excited until I heard no progressive lighting.
I agree with you but if you stop and think about it, progressive lighting is more a feature you notice when it's there and LOVE it but when it's not there you don't usually sit around and think how much you miss it. I say that because I did notice the progressive lighting in NCAA and loved it but I never remember playing a game of Madden and thinking "damn I miss the progressive lighting". Well only the first time I went into Madden, but after that I never thought about it again honestly.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I for one am not that excited.

However, the demo could get me excited when it comes out. I am very skeptical about this game as I despised NCAA 08, so I will base my purchase off of the demo and impressions. It's not like I am not obsessed with a few other games like College Hoops 2K8 and soon NASCAR 09.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:51 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree with you but if you stop and think about it, progressive lighting is more a feature you notice when it's there and LOVE it but when it's not there you don't usually sit around and think how much you miss it. I say that because I did notice the progressive lighting in NCAA and loved it but I never remember playing a game of Madden and thinking "damn I miss the progressive lighting". Well only the first time I went into Madden, but after that I never thought about it again honestly.
I totally missed it in Madden. It's not a game killer or anything, but it adds alot visually IMO. It's something you don't miss if it's never been in a particular game(2k series), but once it's there and then it's gone, you miss it when playing. I used to love watching the lighting change throughout the game. The game's graphics received such an upgrade that it's not too much of a big deal. I see where you're coming from tho my friend.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #20
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

This will be the best NCAA in history. There's simply no question about it.

And, I'd like to officially make a prediction. By day two I will have gotten 8 sacks in one game. I will also have solved the problem with LBs not covering backs very well. I also think I have solved the problem of CPU playcalling. I'd share all of this right now, but at present the matter is based on a theory that I will have to confirm first, i.e., I need to play the game. But if what I'm thinking turns out to be correct ... well, like I said, this will be the best NCAA in history.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:00 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated

And, I'd like to officially make a prediction. By day two I will have gotten 8 sacks in one game. I will also have solved the problem with LBs not covering backs very well. I also think I have solved the problem of CPU playcalling. I'd share all of this right now, but at present the matter is based on a theory that I will have to confirm first, i.e., I need to play the game. But if what I'm thinking turns out to be correct ... well, like I said, this will be the best NCAA in history.
And ironically you will go undefeated

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #22
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I think 2010 will be the best NCAA yet.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanbox360
I look at the list of things posted that are getting you all excited.....and I'm just thinking, a lot of those things are things that used to be in the game that EA took out....or are corrections on last year's game that needed to be fixed.

Crowds that get smaller depending on who you're playing.....while that is cool, I haven't missed it since they took it out 3-4 years ago.

Realistic player models....don't they say this every year?

"wide open gameplay", I'm still not sure what the hell this is supposed to mean....you can juke left and right, breaking the animation?

Tons of new animations? Like what? bobbled catches...which I guarantee someone will complain about it happening too much.

Pre snap adjustments....something that has been in the game....this isn't really new.

slightly improved presentation???? I laugh at that. No pregame, no half time, no post game, no bowl celebrations, no conference championship celebration, no rivalry game celebration.....nothing!!!! For the last 4 years!!!!

They fixed the turnover problem? Well thank GOD!

I don't play online, so the online Dynasty for me is a wash....but I can understand everyone else loving this.

For me the biggest thing is the customizable soundtrack, since War Eagle is not allowed to be in the game.

When I think College Football, I think atmosphere......something that has been missing from the NCAA series for YEARS.

I just can't get excited about this game. Obviously I'm alone in that.
No your not. these guys are just fanatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Sorry man, but you pretty much are.

After the game is released and a few of us are providing feedback, you might become excited about the game. Then again you may not and thats cool too. I just wouldn't completely write it off, especially if you played and enjoyed '08.
I agree with not writing it off. But guess what. There is nothing here that makes me excited as much as you guys. Madden has me excited. Not NCAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What he said! This is the most excited I can remember being about an NCAA game........I think ever. One big reason is we know the "warts" before going in. Yes I don't like some of the negatives either but there is no feeling of dread for me like "wtf are we going to find that could ruin our game?" this year. Honestly that is because the EA guys have come here and talked to us quite a bit. I have a high comfortable level with buying the game this year.

For me the biggest source of excitement comes from the online dynasties. I've always wanted to participate in a dynamic dynasty with other users and never have had the chance. That and the wide open gameplay, finally my Hawai'i Warriors will be able to play the way they were meant to be played as they do in real life. And did I mention the graphics and lighting look KILLER? 39 days baby!!!!!!
I guess I feel differently about this. I'm glad the problems are out there and they are most likely working on a patch already. The thing is. Why should I run out and buy a game that needs to be patched and it isn't even out yet. Maybe some vids will come out that make me more excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I think 2010 will be the best NCAA yet.
NCAA 2011 will be the best.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:19 AM   #24
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Like a bunch of you guys progressive lighting being out was a blow to me as well, but it shouldn't piss me off that bad so long as i don't have to play many sunset games in dynasty.

As far as the gameplay issues I think those will all be sorted out with a patch, so I guess I am still quite excited but I will be more excited once the game is patched, then I can really get into dynasty.

But still for the first time in a while I actually thinking about next year already as well. It almost feels like this is the true first game of next-gen. Like this will finally be what NCAA '02 was on the PS2, a drastic upgrade from previous efforts but a year away from achieving that extra mile that made '03 so much better than '02. That said, I will play the hell out of the game like I have every game (except '05) since NCAA '99. I'm pretty sure this will be the best NCAA yet , and will only lack some depth features that really resonate with the type of discriminating sports gamers here on OS.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 06-06-2008 at 01:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »