Home

Jump the Snap STILL in the game. For the love of God...WHY???!!!!

This is a discussion on Jump the Snap STILL in the game. For the love of God...WHY???!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #97
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Jump the Snap STILL in the game. For the love of God...WHY???!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I just dont like things that make the rating of the player irrelevant.

It's the same reason why I dont like run commit/pass commit.

A DL's ability to shoot the gaps, and cause disruption should be based on his quickness, accleration, awareness, power/finesse move ratings, as well as the rating of the OL opposite him.
Exactly. The frequency at which JTS occurs is a huge issue. When I see it happen once or twice a series I cringe. Let me JTS on my own terms, meaning if I want to use a speed pass-rushing DE and try to time the snap count then so be it. Don't boost my ratings and definately don't let the rest of DL jump as well. Synchronized snap jumping does not happen in real life.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #98
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7

Ten pages and still no response from an EA rep. Very disappointing. I just want to hear them defend JTS if it's still in the game, explain how the fixed it, or that they took it out.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
Ten pages and still no response from an EA rep. Very disappointing. I just want to hear them defend JTS if it's still in the game, explain how the fixed it, or that they took it out.
^^^
This
Old 05-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #100
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I just dont like things that make the rating of the player irrelevant.

It's the same reason why I dont like run commit/pass commit.

A DL's ability to shoot the gaps, and cause disruption should be based on his quickness, accleration, awareness, power/finesse move ratings, as well as the rating of the OL opposite him.
Exactly spot on. There is no way that if you're playing as a Florida or Georgia against some muppet school that your linemen should be getting blow away routinely off the line to inferior linemen. It simply doesn't happen in real life even when linemen actually do guess the snap count. Guessing the snap count is only half the battle, not the entire battle as the feature seems to put forth.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #101
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

The only problem with it is that instead of shooting the gaps or rushing the edge, the DL will simply plow over the OL. At least if he has to run around something, you can evade. If he simply runs over the OL, he has a straight shot at the QB.

I don't think I've ever seen a reverse pancake in a real game. JTS on Heisman happens multiple times on every drive vs the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
To answer your question, how does it help the game? It makes the cadence important, and gives defensive players on the line of scrimmage an opportunity to make a big play. Now I could see if you want to argue that you just get rid of the JTS button, and instead people just move their guy a bit early to kind of simulate the same thing, that makes some sense. But I haven't heard anyone make that argument. Maybe that's what everyone wants and I just haven't realized it.
BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE CADENCE IMPORTANT

On Heisman, 70% of plays are either offsides or JTS. It'd be fine if it punished people going with no fake cadences, but I've gone on 15 and 20 and gotten jumped snaps. It actually punishes you for using cadence, since they are going to jump it anyway, but you get more offsides if you let them jump the first sound and then mix it up by going on 2 or 3 once or twice a drive.

More importantly, the implementation is terrible. You don't get a quick jump in football then pancake two linemen and chase down a running back from 10 yards away.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:11 AM   #103
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Ours is usually good for getting the D offsides at least once because we have the QB say, Hike, then the line goes from their ready position, all pop up at the same time and go down to their 3 point stance, then when everyone is set our QB does the color & #, color & # then says hike again.
this is what i was talking about

http://www.pro-dynamix.biz/

in the vid labeled Immaculata Trailer, about a quarter of the way through (after the team runs through the banner) you see how our center has his hand on the ball but our line starts in a ready position, the qb says hike, then the guards & tackles stand up then go down in a set position.

*also check out the vid labeled Theo Riddick feature. He was our star player, best kid i've ever coached, he's going to Notre Dame next year (those highlights are his junior year)*

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 05-09-2009 at 02:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »