Home

Which old NCAA is the best?

This is a discussion on Which old NCAA is the best? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #25
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Which old NCAA is the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wde1723
Do any of them work on the 360, because I have 2007 for the xbox and it doesnt work. Thanks!
NCAA 06 works on the 360. It stutters occasionally, but it is definitely playable.

When I played it a few weeks back I was amazed at how much smoother running the option was last gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #26
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoshark
NCAA 06, and then 07 (Xbox).

I don't get why 04 was so great, I have it and it's nothing special. Although back then I was only 11-12 and cared more about winning 112-0 on freshman mode...
Well, I did that back in the day too. Except my friend and I would make every player 99 overall in EVERY stat (meaning our OL had 99 speed).

Except we played on Heisman and lost. Hahahahaha.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 34

04 was the one I played the longest. I had a 15 year coaching career over 3 Schools: UCONN-Florida-OSU.

I still remember the highlights of my "Coaching Career".

I went 6-5 with my first UCONN team, landed a 4 star QB, and by his senior year he were playing in BCS bowls.

Then I went to Florida, and got myself a monster of a QB: He won 3 Heisman Trophies. I had myself all kinds of talent on that team, on an annual basis.

After that, I went to turn around a Ohio State Program that was down in the dumps..turned them around after a few seasons, one season I went 11-1 with a 5th year senior 80 overall QB. I had better players behind him, but decided to start the guy just for the heck of it.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #28
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I had the Xbox version and I really don't see what the big deal was. Sure, out of the box, drops were big problems, but with sliders, they were earily fixed. Now for NCAA 2004 and 2006, sliders would not fix drops, and that really killed both games for me.

The main issue for NCAA 2005 for me is the outdated conferences since I usually play with West Virginia, who is in the Big East.
2005 was one of the worst in the series history if not the worst. The dropped passes were bad, HFA was implemented poorly, and do you remember...

In man defense the players switched like they do in basketball? That right there made 05 bad for me.

06 was a horrible game as well... Bad pursuit angles, Impact players WAY overdone.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #29
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I would agree with superjames...I loved NCAA 2005, and I'd be HAPPY to share my sliders with you to try. That game also had probably the best team intro in the series history. Here's how I'd rank them (the one's I've played, PS2 only):

2006 (only issue I had with this game was the tendency/reliance of the cpu to throw the deep ball. Pretty much fixed it with sliders. Major graphical upgrade and added gang tackles)
2005 (didn't have the drops issues others had....again, sliders fixed it, no real issues with this game at all)
2004 (People must forget about the Robo-QB comebacks this game had. Used to really piss me off, but at the time, this version got me off madden forever)
2008 (issues include momentum meter and terrible, terrible pursuit angles, but still very fun)
2003 (first version I bought, nothing real special about it, although it's the ONLY version I've won a National Championship on)
2007 (hated this one. The momentum was a new feature, and of course, it was overdone, and the WWE super tackles caused WAY too many fumbles, fueling to the momentum chaos.)

As for 2009, well, you said "old" versions, but I'd rank it pretty close to the top.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 05-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
2005 was one of the worst in the series history if not the worst. The dropped passes were bad, HFA was implemented poorly, and do you remember...
Yeah, I played 2005 two days ago and my QB finished with a completion percentage of over 75% while the computer completed over 60%. I didn't have more dropped passes than a real game would have had. The QBs would also throw bad passes at times, too, which was nice, and this game was no pick-fest!

I felt HFA was cool. It actually made it tough to play on the road and I wish they would bring it back.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #31
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd say either 04 or 06. I've played both so many times, and just have a fun time with them. I still have dynasties going on in both of them that I play regularly.

If I had to choose one I'd probably go with 04 because I've played countless dynasties in it with my brother going years at time(but most eventually deleted due to memory, I hate memory cards). Also, it's a little easy to run in 06, and impact players can get a little rediculous at times IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 37

06 and 07 on PS2... the best NCAA football gamers ever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »