Home

User Catch

This is a discussion on User Catch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do You User Catch?
Yes. I do it all the time. 17 29.31%
I do it a handful of times a game. 27 46.55%
Never/extremely rare. 14 24.14%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
User Catch

How many of you user catch? I never do. Partially because I want my WR to do it and some consider it cheesing. Mainly because I suck at it whenever I've tried it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: User Catch

I don't user catch, mainly because if I did, I would likely have a 90%-100% completion percentage every game. it is way too easy when user catching.

also It seems that the player's ratings mean more if you let the CPU do it. Basically I never switch players when the ball is in that air, even when I'm on defense. we used this rule in the OS Legend Online Dynasty and it seemed to work out pretty well.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

I laugh at people that call it cheesing. With some stick skill in user vs. user games it is very easy to stop.

I also like to play the game, not watch the game. I User Catch everything. Crosses, hitches, posts, corner, everything. Habit because I play online rather than offline.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

I only consider it cheese when you recruit only for speed for the sole purpose of throwing bombs vs the dumb a$$ A.I.

My philosophy: A quarterback with 93thp and at least 88acc + a 99 speed WR can win you a championship on ANY team, because if you user catch you will never have a problem scoring. NEVER!

I say this because I had that on a team in an OD with Hawaii. I had a 72ovr D and like a 78ovr Off and put up 50+ a game. My scores used to look like bball scores, but I went undefeated waaaaay too easily. It took the challenge out of scoring when I could toss a ball 60 yards and hold Y 5 yards from the ball!

Old 05-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I let the CPU do it.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I don't user catch, mainly because if I did, I would likely have a 90%-100% completion percentage every game. it is way too easy when user catching.

also It seems that the player's ratings mean more if you let the CPU do it. Basically I never switch players when the ball is in that air, even when I'm on defense. we used this rule in the OS Legend Online Dynasty and it seemed to work out pretty well.
I fully agree. Did the same thing in my games and league.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Same here.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

I disagree with this perspective, If you let the computer do it you have more of a chance of becoming a victim int becasue in 09 the wrs do not fight for the ball, when you user control a guy that is a step ahead of a corner on a post route and the fs is waiting for him in the middle it will be a pick everytime if you let the cpu control him. If you user him you now have a chance to get the ball. All it requires is stick skill and by no means is every catch a guarantee everytime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »