Home

Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

This is a discussion on Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #17
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
There is nothing wrong with the gameplay.

You're cool with the dodgy blocking? Of course it's easy to get used to the pulling o lineman catching brain farts and blocking guys 15 yrds away to the opposite side of the play on a perfectly timed counter. I got used to that. I still found a way to get yards, but it's still wrong. What about guys scaterring in all directions during a nice screen pass? Yeah I dealt with it. I had to juke about 3 DB's that should have been blocked by my lineman. Of course they decided to run backwards and block guys out of the play.

What about the lack of a consistant running game from the spread formation? If you play with Florida, Oregon, Or Mich times are hard. The gameplay is much improved, but to say there is nothing wrong with it is a reach. I respect your opinion though.

As far as that video that has to be the funniest ish I have seen in 2 weeks. Still LMAO!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #18
TNT
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I mean...considering that I have been in absolute love, no...make that lust with the NCAA series since the PS1 days like many of you. Considering that last gen, as a college football fan I only needed a used copy of Madden just to see how NCAA players did in the pros. I never really had to play Madden. That's how satisfying NCAA was. Considering that next gen has been plagued with bugs and inexcusable glitches for two years in a row. Considering that it seems clear that NCAA is being given second class treatment compared to Madden on next gen systems by folks at EA/Tiburon (at least from a presentation standpoint). Considering the fact that these games are more expensive, but much less satisfying. Considering the fact that this game is a little more than 2 weeks old and I have already gone back to playing COD5, NHL09, and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway?

Considering all of this. Is there such a thing as a person in this situation being too negative regarding this game?

No. I've had my damn love affair with this series since I discovered it existed since NCAA 2002 on the PS2 and XBox... I totally know what you mean about not needing Madden and whatnot, this game was all I needed back then. Oh how it hurts to (still want to but can't) be an NCAA fan now.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #19
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

OVR: 4

I hear you there about Triple Play. That is a great example though because it sucked and then MVP 05 was a great game (some argue the best but not now with the show). The reason for that was competition at the time. Acclaim, 2k (then ESPN), and Sony all put out decent games that had potential in the future to be far superior so EA knew they had to get their act together. Back to football who is the competition? Nobody. It not like we are having threads saying who will put out the best game next year. Worst thing with the monopoly of the NCAA is the March Madness 09 game. Worst I ever played bc player models and animations sucked. Loved 2k8.

I personally don't know about the gameplay bc I have only played the demo whick I thought sucked. I had a player catch a TD pass then run through the wall in to the stands behind the endzone.

NCAA 09 was not a bad game overall I had a lot of fun playing it and still will I guess unless a major price drop occurs. The Robo QB was a killer bc playing defense felt pointless. Playing as a DT I might has well put the controller down and watched bc QB pressure was impossible. The only fun part was offense and I think it should be the other way around. I used to hate to pitch and play defense in baseball games the same way I do in NCAA 09 but now with the show that is the most fun I have in the game.

Sorry talk about other sports games.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

You're cool with the dodgy blocking? Of course it's easy to get used to the pulling o lineman catching brain farts and blocking guys 15 yrds away to the opposite side of the play on a perfectly timed counter. I got used to that. I still found a way to get yards, but it's still wrong. What about guys scaterring in all directions during a nice screen pass? Yeah I dealt with it. I had to juke about 3 DB's that should have been blocked by my lineman. Of course they decided to run backwards and block guys out of the play.

What about the lack of a consistant running game from the spread formation? If you play with Florida, Oregon, Or Mich times are hard. The gameplay is much improved, but to say there is nothing wrong with it is a reach. I respect your opinion though.

As far as that video that has to be the funniest ish I have seen in 2 weeks. Still LMAO!
Yea the blocking Logic is horrible a 3-2-6 can stop the run and so can quarters. I think the Run/pass thing should be out and have the players know what it will be by reading the play.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #21
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
Yea the blocking Logic is horrible a 3-2-6 can stop the run and so can quarters. I think the Run/pass thing should be out and have the players know what it will be by reading the play.
I swear, the last few years of this game, all you have to recruit is one MLB and fast DB's. Then play quarters all game. You can't go wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 32

I am sorry I don't agree. I am having a great time with this game! I think threads such as the "bug thread" should be removed. Some people spend their time looking for the issues and negatives with the game, and ultimately spoiling their own experience based off of something someone else noticed or said. This is just my opinion and I may get flamed for it. I realize there are problems with this game but there has been a problem with every game, this includes non-EA games, I have played, no exaggeration. I however, try to make the most out of the experience and usually end up with a great time!

Use the sliders, stadium sounds, The guys here are working their butts off to get accurate rosters and equipment. Everyone realizes the potential this game has!

Again, I am enjoying my experience. This game is leaps and bounds ahead of 09.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #23
Rookie

Pride1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

You're cool with the dodgy blocking...
The more I play this game, the more frustrated I get. You did happen to leave out a few of my favorites:

- The Deion Sanders/Ray Lewis hybrid corners in this game are so enjoyable. Absolute beasts in man coverage...Even more frustrating, nothing like running the option only to see your pitch man get annihilated by the incredibly reactive and impossible to block corners. But hey, why should I ever want to pitch it on the option?

- How bout the standing still, wide open receiver in the flat that decides it's a good idea to sprint directly towards the d-line as soon as he catches the ball for a loss of 2 when it should have been a gain of 20...

- The impossibility that is trying to run a screen pass from under center this year...could you at least nick the DT on his way to my execution?

- Let's not forget the meaningful rating system that allows a 61...yes 61 rated UTEP DE to have 6 TFL and 4 sacks against me while destroying my 87 rated LT every single play or the slow *** DT that, from a stand still runs down my 94 speed RB, (who had a running start by the way), from behind in the backfield on a toss play...

- Although I could have hit speed burst and been immediately slaughtered by the other 10 defenders b/c as you know, when you go for the extra gear in real life, the entire defense activates "berserker" mode, thus becoming superhuman!

- I can't wait for every d coordinator in the NCAA to run the 3-2-6 defense b/c it's apparent that it stops any and everything.

- Nothing like having a d lineman in the backfield on every other running play...certainly realistic.

- And I'd like to add that it's refreshing that the most popular offense in college football (spread) is unusable as running from the shotgun is about as much fun as getting kicked in the chops.

- The prophetic CPU defense that always comes out with their D-line pinched when, and only when, I pick a straight FB Dive or FB Trap play from the flexbone brings a smile to my face!

Other than these issues, what's there to complain about?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #24
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
This game is leaps and bounds ahead of 09.
Yet leagues behind NCAA 2004 for PS2.

Maybe you never played 2004. I wish I had never played it, I would never have known what we are missing with these latest versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »