Home

Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

This is a discussion on Christrian Ponder Rating What you think within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #41
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar4468
Hey but bama and lsu play a pretty decent OOC, why can't florida. They also play in the tougher division? Florida is smart in terms of their scheduling, dont get me wrong, but dont come talking about the big bad sec when florida only plays a hand full of the good teams in the west once in a while.

Anyway, why don't you watch him before you pass judgment. Ponder is a good qb and has the opportunity to be great. He can read defenses and jimbos offense is one of the closest to the nfl in college. He will be ready come draft day next year. Also look at Jake lockers stats, they werent much better than ponders, yet everyone is saying he is the top pick in the draft.

What difference does it make if Florida played only a few SEC west teams either way you have to play the best one in the Title game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 10

Just leave it alone on the Florida discussion. It will forever go on. Lets keep this on Ponder
Old 06-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #43
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
EA is so in love with your team it's not even funny

They aren't necessarily "in love" with FSU, it is more just the ratings failure as a whole. FSU always has a ton of speed and athleticism, and since the overall rating is really just a median average of all the ratings, that athleticism increases their overalls to a rating way too high. Until they make an overall rating that puts awareness more to the forefront, the overall rating will always be out of whack.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #44
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
They aren't necessarily "in love" with FSU, it is more just the ratings failure as a whole. FSU always has a ton of speed and athleticism, and since the overall rating is really just a median average of all the ratings, that athleticism increases their overalls to a rating way too high. Until they make an overall rating that puts awareness more to the forefront, the overall rating will always be out of whack.
Not really if you ask me. I know that FSU is always talented, but going with an A+ defense in '09 and an A in '10 is just hilarious. These aren't the same athletes that FSU used to have. In all seriousness, a B or B- should make sense this year..
As for offense, watch EA overrate them and give them an A..
Old 06-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #45
Rookie

MiamiPride26's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
it's so refreshing for rival fans to appreciate good players no matter what. Ponder is a decent player...and as far as big games, I thought he did well at BYU
he did pretty good against miami last year he runs a little to much for my taste but i guess its just because hes running on miami and doing it pretty well too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #46
Rookie

ctindal21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
The same Jacory Harris who lead the nation in INTs?

get your facts straight...jacory harris did not lead the league in interceptions (jevan snead did if im not mistaken)...an yea the same jacory harris who threw more than 600 yrds than ponder and threw 10 more tds than ponder w/ a broken finger half the season, same jacory harris that went to doak campbell and beat the noles in comeback fashion....yea that jacory harris!!!
NBA- New York Knicks

Old 06-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ima Gators fan, and truthfully, i woulda Took Ponder (healthy) over our guy last season.

I watched some FSU games, and he impressed me. FSU just may give my Gators a game this season.

That being said, he should be rated amongst the top 5QBs IMO, definatley gonna be a top NFL prospect, and hopefully my Jags can draft him (hopefully we win some games though lol)

Old 06-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25
Ima Gators fan, and truthfully, i woulda Took Ponder (healthy) over our guy last season.

I watched some FSU games, and he impressed me. FSU just may give my Gators a game this season.

That being said, he should be rated amongst the top 5QBs IMO, definatley gonna be a top NFL prospect, and hopefully my Jags can draft him (hopefully we win some games though lol)
We are all football fans on here and I agree with the posters above when a rival says good things about another rivals player. Im a nole fan and I think Tebow was a great college qb. I think meyer put tebow in some bad situations last year. I think ponder would have done pretty well in meyers offense, the one problem Ponder is not the beast tebow is. He is fast, but when you need a guy who can take a couple hits, ponder is not it. Ponders biggest problem is staying healthy. In both his years, he was hurt at the end of the year. If he can stay healthy for the whole year, he will go in round 1. If not round 2 maybe round 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »