Home

Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

This is a discussion on Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

I can tell the guy is a douche because he turned Kansas into a national power in football. Even in a video game? ewwwww.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Lol well he said he was going to school there so I guess that's why.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Let me clarify some things. I am the commish of the dynasty he is referencing. First off, he did not get kicked for this. He got kicked because he couldn't take my warning, he had to keep arguing and more-or-less insult my intelligence (and keep putting words in my mouth and repeating himself after I already addressed something he repeated).

My dynasty is a sim style dynasty. I made that pretty clear. Therefore, if it isn't done in real life, it isn't done in this game. I did not say you cheated. Cheating means you are doing things not allowed in the game, as in you modded or used a glitch not meant to be in the game. However, you have the ability to run wherever you want with whomever you want. If you want to put a 96 speed corner at QB and roll out (which you could and would be good at with your playing style), you technically can without being a cheater because its allowed within the design of the game. I used the word cheese, meaning you do things not done in real life because its an easy and cheap way to get points. I agree with most of what devine said, all of which is what I basically said to Gator. However....

1) I didn't say contain does not work at all. I said contain does not work right. Contain does stop you from rolling out but if you stay in the pocket, the DEs or OLB (whoever is in contain) stand there with their thumb up their you know whats not moving at all. Then, you have a 2 man rush and 2 guys who might as well be on the sideline.
2) The guy he played did not complain because he lost. I've been in a ton of games with him. He is the only guy I've ever met who congratulates you on a good play. Most people are like "OMG WHAT THE F*** D!?!" This guy goes "Ohhh nice play!" Or in Call of Duty, he gets killed and goes "Oh man nice shot!" He only told me because he tried to get you in a party and POLITELY warn you that what you were doing (the stuff that REALLY happened and I will explain in a sec) was not allowed in the SIM dyn and others have been kicked for. He said himself he didn't lose because of that, he lost because of his INTs in the 4th.
3) We didn't "let" Gator get to the championship. He took over Florida in week 4 or 5 and they barely grazed by undefeated. Since he took over after the schedules were made, he had 0 user games. It's pretty easy to go undefeated that way. I had a user game and a tougher schedule and went undefeated and he leaped me into the title.
4) It DOES take too long sometimes to hot route your guy. If you hurry up to the line and snap it, I sometimes have a hard time getting to the player I want to control because it hops over them sometimes and does weird things. I said that QB spy plays limit your defense because there are only like 5-8 or so of them in an entire defensive playbook. You're complaining about your opponent only calling a few plays but want him to only be able to?
5) As I told you tons of times, I'm okay with you running with your QB but not the way you did it. When its okay: He is blitzing and you are running to get away. When you drop back, look for a pass and no one is open. When it's a designed QB run. When its not okay (like you were and did on your Td your referenced): Snapping the ball, immediately rolling out under no pressure with intent to run, making the man in coverage choose to either give up the d ball or come stop you. That is cheese. His guy in coverage chose you, you throw over the top of him to the receiver he left as you get to the line of scrimmage and boom, TD.

You keep referencing the gameplan settings. If you put QB contain on aggressive, it just makes your defense in coverage leave their receivers even more so you can throw over the top. This highlite was saved so I saw it with my own eyes. I'm not just taking his opponent's word for it. He got down so bad to begin the game because his opponent was blitzing. To counter this, he started dropping back 20 yards so that a pass rush was impossible (also cheese). Of course he doesn't put this in his post and makes it seem as if he drops back and waits a sec, then sees a hole up the middle and runs. No, he snapped it and immediately began to run to the outside toward the line of scrimmage or dropped back past where a punter would stand to kick a punt. I have a Terrelle Pryor like QB, 6'6, 90 speed, 90 acceleration, 90 agility, 90 juke, 88 throw power and acc, etc and I do not do any of this. Someone referenced Nevada. I USE Nevada's offense actually. However, I use my QB for QB Reads, options, Qb draws, QB sneaks, QB powers, DESIGNED Qb runs. I only roll out on designed roll outs and I take off on roll outs maybe 1 out of 30 and only after stopping and looking for a pass for a few seconds. I could destroy people if I played like this guy with that QB.

I still maintain I would destroy you because I played your opponent from the National Championship first game of this year and won 34-3 or so. Also, in his dyn, he has a MUCH better team than he does in my dyn and has won 2 straight championships and I'm Western KY and would have beat him if the game didn't wrongly rule a TD catch out of bounds and not let me challenge it.

As devine stated, EVERYONE can play offense and run with their QB. That's why it is called cheese. Poor players do it to be good. I'm good because I never call the play you think I'm going to call and I'm usually 2 steps ahead of you mentally. You do well because you use the poorly designed defense and exploit it by rolling out and forcing the AI to choose or dropping back from Gainesville to Cuba so you are never bothered by a pass rush. Also, Devine, his opponent wasn't doing "crazy things" with his defensive end. I've played him 50 times and saw the highlites. He just ran to the tackles outside shoulder and tried to shake him. He did what the AI DEs do. He doesn't run way outside to try to DE glitch or move him way out before the snap like Gator makes it sound.

I ran this dyn last year. We played from Oct to June with virtually the same users. All of them joined my dyn this year which started as soon as the game came out and we're still going with everyone playing their game within a day and a half. Obviously I'm doing something right with the dyn that makes it fun for all of them. If I allow some guy to come in and scramble all over and drop back 20 yards when everyone else does a 3 step drop and looks for a pass like QBs do in real life, that's going to take from the experience of the game for everyone else.

I lived in Jacksonville and Orlando for 4 years until last August. After living next to so many Gators, I can tell you this guy is like a typical Gator's fan. He does not listen to anything you say, distorts arguments in his favor, and repeats himself to counter the argument you made to counter what he is repeating. He is just adding to one of the least educated fan groups I've ever met and is just making me dislike UF more (a school I used to like until I met their fans).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
I can tell the guy is a douche because he turned Kansas into a national power in football. Even in a video game? ewwwww.
Nice joke. Don't forget a 2008 Orange Bowl victory or a 76-39 loss to Kansas there Mr Cornhusker.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN

I'm telling you guys we went back and forth about this for a few days lol and he never said he was wrong about anything. I'm pretty sure even if GOD himself came down and said he was wrong he would still deny it lol. We were cool until my team jumped him in the rankings and then he went through the season saying it got screwed
Last thing, again, you don't listen. We were still cool after you jumped me. That message was a joke. Let me explain people. I advanced to the bowls and sent out a message like I always doing saying it was advanced except I said "and the biggest screw job of the year goes to Kansas for going undefeated and getting leap frogged by 3 teams with weaker schedules." It was a joke to the members of my dynasty. Then, you sent me a message and I explained to you why I thought I got screwed and specifically told you that I wasn't just referring to you, I was more referring to Stanford who jumped me with a nearly .500 combined opponent record. Like I would be personally mad at you for something the game did? It's already happened this year too. I blow out #2 and #3 and #5 to start the season and #1 lost so I move to #1, then Iowa and South Florida leap frog me in week 5. I can't play any tougher of a schedule haha. I would admit to you if I was wrong but I didn't admit it because I wasn't. I made these rules a long time ago for a reason: to make it realistic. You would not adhere to them and were more focused on saying you can stop it and ignoring my point that its not realistic in a realistic dynasty. Of course it can be stopped, everything can be stopped. My point wasn't that it can't be stopped. My point was that its a sim style dynasty and you weren't playing sim style.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #14
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

If you saw that play with your own eyes then you saw his DE left a big gap to run. A DE don't do that in real life and also about the gameplan you put it to CON then your coverage won't come up to play the Qb along with the spy. That stops my run and keeps corners, ect in coverage.

Ya and about the dropping back(Witch you heard by word) . You said i dropped back 20 yards everytime, are you serious? 20 whole yards ya right. And I couldn't counter his blitz hardly at all because all my RB's had there catch rating in the low 50's and dropped the ball more than 1/2 the time for a screen. You also said he shouldn't have to call a spy because it takes way to long to audible your LB to spy...

If it don't happen in real life then it don't happen in your dynasty right? Then why does your team get like 11+ 5***** players while the next closest person had like 3-4 (Don't remember). That never happens in real life
Old 03-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

IMHO, if you have a scrambling QB, deciding to run it mid-play is not cheese. Collin K (Nevada) or Vick would not be nearly as effective if they only ran when the play was a designed QB run. I can see both sides here, but maybe this thread should be locked.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

man, if u dont get along with the peeps in the OD just drop out!!!

i like to play with my friends or in ODs with few rules, not because i cheese, but because i have found that the more rules the more anal and crybaby the league becomes.

unless its a glitch in the game most things can be countered (5 wides is tough though!)

guy had a running QB, he should be able to run.... if i was the other guy, i woulda made him pass the ball out of the pocket, just QB contain, see if he can sit in the pocket, throw a CB blitz in every once in a while, just mix it up.

oh, and ima Gator fan!!!! how dare u diss the GOAT fanbase!!!!

naaw i know we got alot of dumb fans lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »