Home

Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

This is a discussion on Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #89
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

Nothing wrong with that play (offensively). I can't tell you how many times I have seen a qb run towards the line and then fire it to an open receiver. I know Jay Cutler did it many times last season. I have even seen qbs run to the line and then pump fake to get the defender in the air and then run past him.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #90
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

10/10 thread

Perfectly legitimate play too. Isolating the defender and making him choose between the run/pass is an integral part of a spread rollout play (and yes, I know the play in question wasn't exactly "defined" as one, but when the DE goes onto a different football field to defend play design sort of goes out the window).

I mean, just off the top of my head, the turning point for Texas in '05 was when VY pulled a perfect pump fake on the Oklahoma State defender. And if you go watch the play on Youtube, the start of the play literally looks the exact same.

As many people have noted, the failure is that 100% of the time, the defender gets caught in the middle since the AI sucks. Logically they should stay with the receiver until the QB crosses the LOS if the QB is in the open field, but its not programmed well at all.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
10/10 thread

Perfectly legitimate play too. Isolating the defender and making him choose between the run/pass is an integral part of a spread rollout play (and yes, I know the play in question wasn't exactly "defined" as one, but when the DE goes onto a different football field to defend play design sort of goes out the window).

I mean, just off the top of my head, the turning point for Texas in '05 was when VY pulled a perfect pump fake on the Oklahoma State defender. And if you go watch the play on Youtube, the start of the play literally looks the exact same.

As many people have noted, the failure is that 100% of the time, the defender gets caught in the middle since the AI sucks. Logically they should stay with the receiver until the QB crosses the LOS if the QB is in the open field, but its not programmed well at all.
I don't even think you can say logically "this is what the DB should do." Technically your right but DB's get caught in that pickle all day Saturday and Sunday and they don't always make the right decision. That is really part of the game. I know I have played and coached DB's. You can train as much as you want but once the bullets start flying your just going to react.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #92
Rookie

pierre45212's Arena

OVR: 4
Wink Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I joined a OD a few weeks back as Florida who fell all the way to a 4 star program. While all the other users were 6 stars, I run through the SEC and by some freak chance I jump the commish's team (Kansas who has won no telling how many games through out his OD). I make it to the National title game against a Stanford user and he had the game won with 2 mins left but he decides to keep passing and my LB comes out of no where a makes a HUGE int and I took the lead. After that I guess he panicked after playing so well my team picks him off 5 times in the 4th.

Anyway I won the National Title and my Qb won heisman. After the game the commish went on to say I cheated. The Stanford guy ran the same plays over and over on offense and defense. I guess it was my fault for not stopping his plays but his team was alot better than mine overall..

These 2 guys must have been buddies or something. The guy kept running his DE way outside and leaving a huge running lane for my QB everytime with no spy. The commish went on to say I cheated because I shouldn't be allowed to run with my Qb because it's a last resort and said that he shouldn't have to put up a spy because they only work 1/2 the time and that it makes the defense boring. I guess I failed to remember its the offenses job to make the defense not boring to run.

This guy did not won't to be wrong about anything, I agree running is a last resort most of the time but he shouldn't get to play like a ****** just because the commish says we shouldn't be able to run with are Qb. Running Qb's make me mad to sometimes but heck there is more than one way to stop them

1. Spy (He said it limits the defense and says it takes way to long to call a defensive hot route)
2. Contain (He said never works)
3. Defensive gameplan to agressive to stop the qb or stay back in coverage. (He said that don't work either) This guy pretty much said the entire Defense in this game was broken and fast Qb are cheese and a easy way out. Lol but the commish also added at the end said he would smash me in the game if we ever played..

Lol sorry for this long long read but wanted to get some thoughts. I'm glad to go out a Champion and Heisman winner also had a huge recruit class but I'll never get to see what could have been.
whats this commish gamertag of the guy who booted you out of a lame dynasty?? thx
Old 03-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #93
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Dang this is still going lol I havnt been on in a day or two..

The play was fair to me but he kept crying I cheated idk. Then he said I ran back 25+ yards like that would help me if I did.

He kept making up stuff I did after people started saying the play was legit...
Old 03-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #94
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
That Texas' team's turning point came the year before in the Rose Bowl vs. Michigan.

That play was awesome though, and Colt used to "sideline sprint" all the time. Cheesy bastards.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #95
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
That Texas' team's turning point came the year before in the Rose Bowl vs. Michigan.

That play was awesome though, and Colt used to "sideline sprint" all the time. Cheesy bastards.
I guess that makes Nevada and Colin Kaepernick cheesers too. I mean, how else would they beat Boise State? Must've abused the Ice the Kicker feature too.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #96
Rookie

pierre45212's Arena

OVR: 4
Wink Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I guess that makes Nevada and Colin Kaepernick cheesers too. I mean, how else would they beat Boise State? Must've abused the Ice the Kicker feature too.
LOL! thats was a funny One!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »