Home

Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

This is a discussion on Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

Lol I'm also a member of the the Dyn. I've seen the infamous play and it is definately cheesy. The roll to the outside perfectly understandable even to scramble for a few yards and dive down is ok since it looked like that Dt or De if he didnt fall would have sacked u but to run all the way to the line of scrimmage suck the cb in the go over the top is a lil cheesy. Since I know twist the most not complaining player I have ever played against he wouldnt have brought anything up if you were not pulling crap like that all game(20 yd dropbacks). The whole design of this dyn is to play fair and not sketchy.

If you wanna run your qb there's plenty of not so good players dyn's to join. This dyn is by far the best dyn I have ever been in, its all skill not bs. Anyone can run with a running qb on a non designed running play. I have a running qb lol I use him to move around the pocket not outside of it. This dyn is all about my play vs your play. Who calls the better one. If you dont understand that let me explain that. If you call a 5 receiver set with the intent to pass obviously then pass th ball unless u get rushed which in most cases in this dyn we go outside the pocket and chuck the ball out of bounds. Guess what we lost that play call. It's not to hard to mind the dont run with your qb rule especially if ur any good at this game.

I dont know how much twist lost by but that one cheese could have lost him the game in the Nat'l Championship in which u would have heard a mouth F****** full from me. Though I doubt I would have lost to you. Secondly you got luck as Heck to be in the Nat'l Championship considering u picked up a team in the top 5 in week 4 or 5 with no user games if u cant make the championship with those odds being Florida then u shouldnt ever play this play this game. Also I'm will to bet ur qb had a crap load of rushing yds none on designed running plays throughout the season which probably helped u beat the sec teams.

The moral of the story is cheesing is for people who are not very good. People who cant call plays and make theirs up as they go. Just so you know u can run in college in real life Cam Newton did it and a whole bunch of others have because there are the super athletes of the NCAA. When they go to the NFL all qbs have to learn how to throw and read coverages you wont find the Vick's, Newton's and etc winning the Super bowls on their athletic talent. Instead you will find the guys who can break coverages done with their brains and arms (ex Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, & Aaron Rodgers). These are guys who can beat u with plays. Why do I tell you this because some day I hope u will truly learn how to play the game instead of disgracing it and spitting on other users who play the game fairly by the rules put in by the commish.

Gators I suggest u play in a easier dyn and one that fits your lazy mentality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Lol you played just 1 user your self if I'm not mistaken. And your SOS was like 2 more wins ahead of mine... And that's all thinks to the user who used Maryland who was undefeated against the CPU you as well so you really think that Maryland would go undefeated up to that point by there self? So that's like 12 wins added to your SOS because the Maryland user beat all the CPU games.

So mine was stronger if you really look at it... Plus you had have like 5 seasons of top recruits with a top talent team while mine was a 4 star proggram with a horrible offense if you looked at what my guys were rated.

And if I'm not mistaken you didn't play a human in your bowl game so that makes us even for the season. I'm pretty sure you only had 1 human game.. I played what games were put in front of me and I guess the polls were not impressed with your team lol. Blue and Orange rained down on the day
Are you forgetting about 1 loss Colorado who I beat 84-17. Their one loss was me. Are you forgetting a 40-0 win over Alabama who you beat in the SEC championship or a demolition of your rival and next best team on your half of the SEC and one of the two ranked teams you beat in Georgia? Also, you had 8 wins I believe toward your combined opponent record from Mid Tenn State playing in the powerhouse Sun Belt. How impressive. The worst team I played was Kansas State. Kansas State would eat Middle Tennessee State for breakfast. As I told you, I played 5 teams that were still ranked at the end of the year, you played 2. How does that not say mine is better. Yeah, we both played 1 user game on the year but your user game wasn't to GET to the title. Yours was in the title. So to say that you deserved to be there because you also played 1 user game in the title is bull. Also, to say "Oh your team has better recruits so I deserve it" is to say TCU should have made the title this year over Auburn because Auburn has better players. Listen to yourself. Does that make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
That's totally weak. Has this guy never even watched college football? In Madden, yeah I can understand, but in college it is completely sim to see a QB with 15-20 rush attempts in a game. Has he ever watched Michigan or Florida play? I guess the option offense is also banned, even though it is 100% defendable. Just my $.02...
I'm guessing you didn't read my earlier posts. Michigan and Florida QBs run on designed QB runs almost every time. I have about 10 carries a game with my QB but they are QB powers, options, QB draws, or QB read plays. Florida's runs were from dropping back for a pass and waiting for coverage to go away and then taking off. There is a difference. Option is totally fine. All QB designed runs are fair play. There is nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This is probably a good life lesson for Gator Fan. Because the way I see it, if he would have been a little nicer about the whole thing he would still be in the OD. Instead he went the "other route' and whether we was a cheeser are not ended up not mattering so much. It was the fact that he made such an argument out of it and ended up coming off like a ****.

Just my .02

Exactly, you see exactly what I'm trying to explain but a lot of people aren't understanding. The whole point of this was to talk about him getting booted and just to be an @$$, he keeps changing subjects to other things that have nothing to do with it (that is called a Red Herring fallacy I believe) like my joke message about him leaping me, or one team signing eleven five star signings, or ignoring his 20 yard drop backs forever to try and distort the truth and make me look bad. Regardless, it shows how difficult he is to get along with, how argumentative he is, and how he would just be a pain in the dynasty later on and not worth the effort of giving him another chance and not a valued or worthy member of the dynasty. He would have became a cancer and he had to be removed before it spread. And what's the point of making me look bad anyway? Are your feelings hurt from being called a cheeser? Is the only way to fix the void in your life and make you feel better about it and not like a cheeser to come on here and get other people to reassure you you're not a cheeser? I really don't understand the point anymore.

Last edited by AlfaRomeo164; 03-15-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5

House rules should really be saved for offline dynasties in my opinion. Too much grey area to enforce them when it's human vs. human.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #69
Banned

What's the point of having a 90 speed QB especially in a pro style offense if you're not going to utilize him? Do every defensive coordinator a favor and tell Mike Vick or even Aaron Rodgers that their not allowed to run on designed pass plays. The way I've always played is if my #1 or 2 reads are not open I take off, especially if I feel pressure. And I'm pretty quick after the snap at telling if they are going to be open before I end up on my backside. I also run a quite a few run pass options especially down around the goalline, where it's a PA rollout, and if I have a run lane I take it, if not I dump it off to the corner or the flats. Still sim imo.

Last edited by Claymaker52; 03-15-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just want to comment on the video...looks legit as can be. DE swooped dramatically wide, user QB read it, attacked the hole..made the CB decide between coverage or stopping the qb (a decision based in gameplanning) and when the CB bit he threw to the open man. Great play.

I have no opinion if the guy's actions after the fact were cause for him to be kicked....but to call this play cheese in any way is a travesty and highlights what is wrong with a large portion of the Online Community. Everyone is too quick with the "cheese" bull**** and it hinders creative and exciting play.

Last edited by 99ovr; 03-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #71
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo55
get over yourself. your schtick is getting tiresome and its becoming entirely apparent that no one really cares about your long winded rants that look to derail threads.
So how does that comment relate to the thread at all? Stay on topic or kill yourself in a corner, regardless leave me out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockchalk8985
Lol I'm also a member of the the Dyn. I've seen the infamous play and it is definately cheesy.
That play is legit as can be. If anything was cheese, then the DE going all the way to the outside is. If he didn't do that then this conversation would never have started.

When he scrambled out the CB has to choose. Stay in coverage or go for the QB. HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE. He went for QB and payed for it with a big TD.

I just don't see how you think that play is cheese.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »