Home

Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

This is a discussion on Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

If its the play on the highlights on that 1st page the only thingy cheese about that is an idiot moving his Dline all the way outside of the box.

Lets review for those of you who have only played "video game" football your whole life and never strapped it up. If this is a sim league then that means realism correct?

1. Unreal=DE lined up outside of the 8 man box. Someone give me a youtube or tell me any high school, college, or pro team that does that. By the commishes own standards his buddy should be kicked out the league. Pot meet kettle.

2. QB roll right, step up where defender was and launch a deep pass for a TD.... Him's that sounds about as real as it can get...... If you don't know that you don't know football. I am done talking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #82
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Ya the guy just does not want to be wrong...

And I'm not bragging lol I'm just having fun with the guy.

He went from defending that Highlight where the DE went way outside and saying that's cheese to now saying I dropped back 20+ yards lol...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #83
Banned

devinewon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaRomeo164
Dang, what is that all about? Out of no where. The other guy's comment that led to this response I mean.
He's read some of my other post and he's not a fan. So he feels like he has to attack me randomly. I have major problems with NCAA this year and have been quite vocal on things needing to change.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #84
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Ya the guy just does not want to be wrong...

And I'm not bragging lol I'm just having fun with the guy.

He went from defending that Highlight where the DE went way outside and saying that's cheese to now saying I dropped back 20+ yards lol...
Yep. I just don't get it. I run a sim dynasty with a friend of mine, and nobody ever tried to take their DE out on a move. I led the nation in sacks last year with 25, and nobody complained about cheese, since I had the best DE in the nation and he was amazing with finesse moves, which I'm good with. We've only had a couple people complain about cheese, and nobody has been kicked for it, as we've told them what they're doing wrong, and had a couple arguments along the way, but most of the time someone was upset about a loss and something questionable happened, which usually ended up not being cheese.

So, @ your old OD's commish:

That's meant as a joke.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #85
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Ya me nither and all of this he's saying I did he wasn't even the person I played lol. He's going on all this by word....

He started all of the blaming on that DE play he said "I saw it with my own eyes you cheesed on that play" and that you are never allowed to run with your Qb unless a DE is already on your back...

Sounds real sim doesn't it lol? I guess he has never watched Tebow or any running QB for that matter if a fast Qb sees a hole he's gonna run plain and simple
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #86
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

It's the beauty of college football. The QB can be a running back, and it's a new dimension for a defense to watch out for. Is it hard to defend? Yep. Why else do people think Florida and especially Auburn won the NC? Auburn would have been a top 40 school without Cam Newton. But with his running ability and arm? National Champions.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #87
Rookie

makinpropel's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree with Alfa.

Please don't kick me, please don't kick me, please don't kick me
(That was sarcasm.)

Also, the Florida Gators suck.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #88
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

This whole thread is jokes.

Fundamental issue is EA does a very poor job of dealing with scrambling QBs. They always have. So it leads to us having to create a bunch of generic rules about what's sim or not, when you are/aren't allowed to run. Then there's gray areas and people end up getting into arguments about what's sim and what isn't.

Here's an idea, it's simple. Make a realistic football game. Then there wouldn't be cheese because cheesing doesn't exist in real life.

Devinewon is right, it's the game that isn't sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »