Home

NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #73
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. & 15 Def. Playboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
So r u saying you can't stop it? The ppl that complain about it are the people who r agonizing over stopping it. Offense picks their play first problem solved. I honestly don't see one bad thing about this feature. U have a custom defense so I don't see the problem. A lot of the offenses on the game show a lot of different sets so what's the difference?
I think his point was that it is completely unrealistic to have a single team running wildly different offensive styles in the same game. If you're fine with that, cool.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. & 15 Def. Playboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
So r u saying you can't stop it? The ppl that complain about it are the people who r agonizing over stopping it. Offense picks their play first problem solved. I honestly don't see one bad thing about this feature. U have a custom defense so I don't see the problem. A lot of the offenses on the game show a lot of different sets so what's the difference?
It has nothing to do with agonizing over stopping it. It has everything to do with being realistic. Take a look at teams that change styles in the history of football. How many are able to go from one type to the next successfully in a years time? Now you will have teams that have 120 different styles in one game. There should be a penalty from being able to do this. I am not saying it is a terrible feature but a lot more would have to go into it to make it great. Your players should not be able to run the spread with the same success as the triple option. It should at least decrease awareness ratings across the board when you move from your "offensive style".
Old 05-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #75
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

But is it a bad thing? Seems kinda exciting to me.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #76
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
But is it a bad thing? Seems kinda exciting to me.
I suppose that depends on how concerned one is with the notion of "sim ball".
Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #77
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Fair enough Coogr, fair enough.

I am a guy who ran (and still runs, when PSN is actually working) the generic multiple playbook in NCAA 11. I run mosty the I form, split I, and shotgun formations but will throw in a speed sweep from flexbone or power option from wishbone one in a while. LSU's playbook in 11, assuming its accurate, is pretty varied as well.

I would agree with the statement/idea that awareness and other ratings should be affected dynamically depending on the formation, but that would mean they would in turn need to add a "class system" to where when recruiting a guy it says "spread, pro style, option" etc which then could lead to other issues.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #78
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

well, If the 40 max formations includes the goal line + special teams + Hail Mary, that means you'll really only have about 27 formations to choose from for offensive plays. remember some formations are "hidden"

the "locked" formations, going off how the formations were in NCAA 11:

Goal Line(for some playbooks, this would have 1-3 formations because of hidden ones, EX: Florida)
Hail Mary - 4WR
Hail Mary - 4WR Trey
Hail Mary - Spread
Hail Mary - Wing Trio Wk
Kickoff - NCAA
Kickoff - Normal
SP Teams - Fakepuntdirectsnap
SP Teams - Punt
SP Teams - Punt Max Protect
SP Teams - Tight Max Protect
SP Teams - Tight Max Prot Fake
Safety Punt - Normal

but still, 370-377 plays for 25-27 formations is a lot.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #79
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
My girl is going to be so pissed...
Isn't that the truth.

This game is just going to be golden. I am really getting excited (as if I wasn't already before...
Old 05-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #80
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Ok, I can give you credit for this post. I see your point.

I can definitely see the possibility of basically every good player running the same plays because, well, those plays are the best plays in the game, type of deal.

Hmmm.....interesting. I know in the OD I am that is still running strong with 12 users (its very dedicated) we all are way into it and have our own styles and whatnot so I would like to think that we will see some very diverse playbooks. However....you do raise an interesting question. Should there be a limit to the actual range of plays you can choose from?

It is true that in real life you wouldn't see a flexbone team come out in shotgun five wide or i-form tackle over but, as far as the audible concern I would LOVE for someone to come out in flex and audible to 5-wide, HBs at WR won't do crud. And especially going from shotgun to flex, yeah they might have speed in their backfield but better pray that ball doesn't get stripped.

Basically, upon further review, I do think you have valid concerns, but I truly feel like if you surround yourself with likeminded gamers the custom playbooks are going to add a new layer of depth and immersion as a "virtual coach." Especially if you can find dedicated ODs.
im in a few dynasties that have been going since ncaa 09. one is a MAC dynasty with low to avg talent teams. 12 users all in the mac.
Another one in particular we have 31 seasons completed. Advance everyday(for the most part) with the same core of 8. We all have football minds and its a 6* dynasty. Florida, usc ohio st, texas, ou ect...

With these level teams everyone has the talent to play any style and 3 non conf games are user games. just by default we will have multiple type attacks if given the opportunity. We all have backups and different talent type players that we would like to see on the field in different type offensive plays. I remember during the last two seasons i had finnally signed a stud qb with a cannon to go along with good to great wide outs. the problem i had was i also had top 3 hbs three years in a row and had a nice stable.

As it should be it was hard for any one playbook to get everyone touches. With this implementation i could get everyone the ball. because no one player will build that great resume it might become easier to keep studs 4 years.
At this level of competition we are gonna run plays to be successful and win games and sign recruits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »