Home

Will you buy NCAA 12 if there is no Coaching Carousel?

This is a discussion on Will you buy NCAA 12 if there is no Coaching Carousel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #33
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Will you buy NCAA 12 if there is no Coaching Carousel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
So if CC is in and is not half-***ed, It will make it an elite game.
Agreed 100%.

Very few games get into my "elite" range and NCAA 11 put the series in the right direction but NCAA 12 could put it over the top
Old 05-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #34
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Absolutely.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:07 AM   #35
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

what is a coaching carousel?

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 01:36 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes, NCAA is a first day buy every year no matter what.

Madden used to be, but now i still get it every year, but i am in no rush to get it. I just pick it up when ever i make it to a store.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
what is a coaching carousel?
Can't tell if serious...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-carousel.html

― Plato
Old 05-15-2011, 05:11 AM   #38
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Simply put..... NO. Absolutely not. There is no reason. Everything mentioned so far is nice but it's all fluff. I'll deal without the pretty stuff with NCAA 11 because without the CC, it's basically the same game, no matter what else they say or do to gameplay. This is something that should have been in before. If they make an announcement about it, I will preorder immediately. But until then, it's a no go. That is a great disappointment because I have bought NCAA football every year since 98 but I guess my financial situation just makes it unnecessary if it's not worth it.
This.
After playing College hoops 2k8 I can't go back to a bare bones dynasty mode. Even with upgrades in other areas. I Feel A full Coaching carousel with coach ratings and coaching staffs is a must for a good dynasty experience.

I'm of the opinion that gameplay will not get much better than we have now on current gen. So a deep dynasty mode(with CC) is the only way I Will really enjoy this game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the improvements all around. But College hoops 2k8 set the bar very high, and I don't think I'll buy unless A Good CC is implemented.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:32 AM   #39
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
That would be a very hard call to make. Initially I probably would be pretty pissed and so I wouldn't buy the game but I have a feeling I would eventually break down and buy it. It will be a huge disappointment if it isn't in the game. I'd feel like the development team basically said to hell with offline dynasty because I don't feel the franchise can continue until something is done about dynasty longevity. Offline dynasties become rather dull and boring after 5-6 years. The teams who start off with good rosters are the best teams. The teams that start off with weak rosters are awful. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. That needs to change.
This is a good point as well In terms of taking dynasty to the next level. A Full on CC
with Assistants(Just coordinators is fine) adds so much to your dynasty. You can play many years into your dynasty because its an ever changing world.

Saban retires after 6 or so years, a new coach steps in at bama and brings the spread.
doesn't work out so well and they fall back to mediocrity. Or the Boise St. Coach takes The job at Colorado and takes them to national prominence. Imagine this through out the college football world. It would be ever changing, never getting stale. Makes my head spin with excitement.

We have had basically the same dynasty mode for some time now, I feel like Coaching carousel has to be in for a full enjoyable, dynamic experience. anything less would be a disapointment.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #40
Rookie

CC is crucial for me. It will totally add to the dynasty immersion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »