Home

Coaching Carousel: Where Will You Begin?

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel: Where Will You Begin? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #33
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Coaching Carousel: Where Will You Begin?

Defensive Coordinator at SMU -- June Jones already has the offense rolling but they need a defense to take it to the next level. I'm going to bring the 3-4 to SMU with some really crazy, exotic blitz packages and own it, then maybe jump to another DC or HC job, ideally in the Big 10 where I can shut down all those weak *** one dimensional offenses.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #34
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

This is a whole new way to play the game. besides all the ODs i will have at least two different dynastys with a set path up the coaching ranks.

The first one will start at the smallest school possible as an OC. I will use default playbooks and accept The best job available every year i can get an offer. If i go from FIU to Cal's head coach in two years so be it. the first BCS title I win i will retire.

In the next cc, I want to stick with schools i have affiliations with. I want to be a DC at Troy(went there). next job will only be DC at Kent ST or Nevada or Colorado ST.

Once i get one of those offers. i will only move to Colorado or Uconn or Washington as DC.

From there I will wait for a 5 star or above DC job at LSU or Oklahoma or Miami. hopefully one of those schools are at least 5 star at that time.

After im there i will take the first 4 star Head coaching job in a state i lived in( ok, colo, CT, LA, Wash, Ky, NC)The goal is being Washington, LSU, Oklahoma, or Colorado's head coach and after two consecutive BCS titles or 3 total i will retire.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #35
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll have a dynasty as Georgia Tech with Paul Johnson as the HC to be my "realistic" one.

I'll have an online dynasty starting as a HC with Florida.

I'll have an online or offline(it depends on what my dynasty guys want to do) dynasty starting as an OC at one of the worst schools on the game(I won't know until the game comes out).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #36
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
I wonder how recruiting will work as a OC or DC. Will you only be able to recruit your side of the ball? Will you be limited in the number of scholarships you can offer? After reading that again, I wish those questions would've been answered.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #37
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll probably start at a really small school....maybe San Jose State (or I might even build UNC Charlotte in teambuilder and start there) as a coordinator (more then likely defensive) and then work my way up to take over for Lane Kiffin or whoever is coaching USC by then....
Old 05-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #38
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I wonder how recruiting will work as a OC or DC. Will you only be able to recruit your side of the ball? Will you be limited in the number of scholarships you can offer? After reading that again, I wish those questions would've been answered.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
That is an interesting take on that, I hope this is answered as well on May 23rd. Which since its everything before E3 then im sure if that aspect is in then im sure they'll touch on it. Because OC is only in control of offense and DC defense so Im almost positive recruiting will be the same.
YouTube: TBD
Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

One main online dynasty with Miami, then another one either online or off as a DC at a terrible school.

― Plato
Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #40
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll start at OC at the worst school I can find, then work my way up. My goal will be to stay there for 6-10 years then move on to a bigger school. (Hopefully WVU) WVU will be my alma matter.

Then when I make another dynasty I will make 10-12 conferences based on geography.
EX.
-NE Conference
-Eastern Conference
-Southern Conference
-Midwest Conference
-Western Conference
-Northwestern Conference
Then I will give states like, ohio,texas,california, and florida there own conferences since they are big enough.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »