Home

Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #25
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagrad4
Gamestop has to have at least 300 pre-orders in order for them to be open for the Midnight release. The gamestop I go to goes all out when they do their Midnight release. Big Screen for Ncaa Tourneys and other cool stuff, plus the fun of talking to other gamers. Course I picked up Ncaa 11 last yr at Wal-mart. If U want to find out if yr Gamestop is gonna be open at Midnight call and ask. or ask how many pre-orders they have when u go in next time.
I talked to the owner of the Gamestop that did the midnight release last year and he said they have to have at least 20 pre-orders, over 30 is preferable though. He was at 4 when I talked to him.

Def. not 300 pre-orders though otherwise I could never get it at midnight at Gamestop around here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

300??? My god I would not want to do that. You'd be in line for hours just waiting to get the game unless you sat there all day so you'd be first in line. It'd be daylight before you got home if you had to work until 11 pm or something and decided to pick it up at midnight. Unless every single person had it paid off and they could easily check for pre-order and you're gone.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #27
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

yea whoever said 300 either hit the 0 an extra time by accident or is on drugs. No store gets 300 preorders and if you did you'd be crazy to stand in that line just to get the game at midnight.

When you're young you think that you MUST get the game at midnight or else your missing out. When you get older you realize that its pointless and that the 2-3 hours you'll play that night is not worth being tired the next day when you can just wait and get the game.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #28
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

If your not gonna get the game at midnight because rosters won't be ready then you must not want the game that bad..

Midnight for me like every year and I can't wait!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea whoever said 300 either hit the 0 an extra time by accident or is on drugs. No store gets 300 preorders and if you did you'd be crazy to stand in that line just to get the game at midnight.

When you're young you think that you MUST get the game at midnight or else your missing out. When you get older you realize that its pointless and that the 2-3 hours you'll play that night is not worth being tired the next day when you can just wait and get the game.
Yea, I'm with this post. Amazon ships it to my doorstep free of charge. I'd much rather enjoy my sleep, have the game by noon at the latest because of the amazing FedEx delivery I have, and I'm set. And if it's during the fall or spring, it's waiting for me when I get home from teaching or class.

Sure, I want the game, but since I'm going to own the game any way, that extra few hours I'd get playing it at 1 am don't seem all that important; pretty sure I can make them up some time else.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #30
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

Im more about the pre-order bonus than getting it at midnight. so im getting it at gamestop. (plus i had the 50% bonus coupon) However ive only been to one madden midnight release, my GS has never had a midnight release so if this year is the year they have it i will probably attend.

Ive usually done the Amazon release day delivery however on the last two occasions ive gotten the game around 7 pm so i decided gamestop for me. so stoked.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 06-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

3rd year in a row midnight at GS. they also always have a contest to see if they have more Bama or Aub pre-orderers...usually about 50 people there, and they have free food, two nice big flatscreens, along with us getting to play the new game the hours leading up to 12...last 2 years I've made sure to be first in line, but this year will be the first I'm not having to wait for my mom to come pick me up! :P

they always talk about a tourny and all this, they never actually set it up that way, we just play short games 1 v. 1

E: oh and why get it early? well, this year, you'll probably want to get started on those playbooks if you're at all like me, then import some newly made TB schools and see how they look and play if u need to change anything, plus a major dive into RTG mode (lets see how that leaderboard looks after day one....hopefully my QB at the top of school, conf, and in the top 50 overall like it was lastyear, but didn't get it there for several months)

Last edited by Flipsyde82; 06-03-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 7

Preordered yesterday from GameStop..........is the uniform download code on the receipt they gave me yesterday or will it be on a different receipt when I pick it up? Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »