Home

Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

This is a discussion on Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #65
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

I think we're going to have to go Peyton Manning against the CPU and make a ton of pre-snap adjustments at the line.

I'm also noticing that you really have to vary your snap timing this year. If you just hike on the first or second hut then the CPU picks up very quickly. You have to go up to 5 or 6 counts this year which was never needed in the past IMO.

I'm basically seeing a perfect storm when it comes to passes down field...

1) I get sacked
2) The CPU rotates to deflect/pick off the pass
3) On the rare occasion when my guy is wide open and I have time in the pocket it's a coin flip - 50/50 that I'll throw a horribly inaccurate pass. Feet set and no pressure.

This is definitely a brand new NCAA Football...

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #66
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I have yet to see this issue. Maybe it's because I suck. Maybe it's because I don't run 4 Verts over and over again. Who knows. But I haven't seen this. I play on AA with no sliders adjusted. ST at around 50ish.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #67
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, I am one not seeing this either. Playing on AA and I think I have completed 4 deep balls in the dozen or so games I have played. That seems about exactly right to me.

My problem is more with LB jumping for balls in the middle of the field. I find myself taking Pass Coverage down for the CPU.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #68
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Alright. Let's see.
Everything on default (which means varsity difficulty) except pass blocking at 95.
I'll take ECU vs. NC so a B+ off. vs. a B+ def.

ECU with their 94 rated QB,92-85-83 and a 6'8 WRs. Surely they'll have success.
Nothing but long passes for a half and I'll note when the AI tries...

0-3 with a pick on the 1st drive. Challenged the 2nd one I thought was a catch but it was out of bounds.

2nd drive starts with a 53 yard completion when the CB kept going while the WR stopped for the ball. CB never turned around so would've had to have had eyes in the back of his head. 0-3 afterwards resulting in a FG. So 1-6.

AI tries a long one on their drive but it's swatted away and almost picked. So the current rate is 1-7 on long passes.

Sacked on my first attempt my next drive. 1-8. Another miss then the TE wide open,blowing by a LB on 3rd down for 48 yards. 2-10
Same TE open for 35 yard TD. 3-11

Another AI attempt that misses. 3-12

TWO guys wide open on the same side they both go for it one tips it into the others hands but knocks him out of bounds by 2 inches. Wow booth review and the play is reversed incorrectly,oh wait you only need one foot in for college,maybe the other foot was in. 4-13 followed by an 0-3 so 4-16. Long pass by the AI picked off,4-17.

34 yards my first attempt next drive. 5-18
Sacked. 5-19
51 yard success for a TD. 6-20
AI runs out the clock.
30% success rate from this small sampling.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
im gonna try your int. idea. threshold at 50 and still getting seperation deep. if you read the safety's its pretty easy. the te is seems to always be open on those deep slants or post. but wr's are destroying 1 on 1 on heisman atleast. especially if they try and bump. i hope the Int idea works. I need to try AA. i dont know who you guys arent hitting the deep routes. the cb can be right next to wr but if you lead on a deep ball the wr will catch it 5 yards ahead. Idk what the deal is right now. just played a first quarter and was throwing mostly. 187 passing with SO. MISS in 1st. 4 catches 122 for one wr. all on deep routes. two for td's. the flats are covered well. curls are pretty open against zone everytime. and the the comeback is deadly against man if you throw in break. deep in is also but have a hard time getting that off.
I tried AA, it was the same thing. I'm going to try bumping INT's back up to default I guess, I turned it down to 25 on release day, I doubt it will change much though.

By the way guys, it's not just verticals, or "money plays." I don't even go for money plays, I ask coach and pick what I like, I mix it up pretty well. I didn't run one vertical or post route last game, and still had over 400 yards of passing and 4 TD's in the 1st half. Pretty much all that came from CPU bumping and getting burned on streaks and wheel routes.

Once I see the CPU bumping I know I have a big play, rarely do they have help over the top, and when they do, the safety's stick to there "area" instead of picking up the WR. The worse part about it is that this isn't a problem that everyone is having, so any hope for a tuner/patch is unlikely, which sucks, because other than this I really like this game and want to enjoy it.
CFB: USC Trojans
Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBizzle
I tried AA, it was the same thing. I'm going to try bumping INT's back up to default I guess, I turned it down to 25 on release day, I doubt it will change much though.

By the way guys, it's not just verticals, or "money plays." I don't even go for money plays, I ask coach and pick what I like, I mix it up pretty well. I didn't run one vertical or post route last game, and still had over 400 yards of passing and 4 TD's in the 1st half. Pretty much all that came from CPU bumping and getting burned on streaks and wheel routes.

Once I see the CPU bumping I know I have a big play, rarely do they have help over the top, and when they do, the safety's stick to there "area" instead of picking up the WR. The worse part about it is that this isn't a problem that everyone is having, so any hope for a tuner/patch is unlikely, which sucks, because other than this I really like this game and want to enjoy it.
This is the main problem. Its not about just picking the same play. If I hot route and they bump and run my reciever ends up wide open. SO this is happening with the thres at 50 as well that stinks.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #71
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

Don't wanna sift through several pages but has it been mentioned that those having success with the deep ball do not have the patch or it wasn't applied correctly. If I'm not mistaken, this was a known issue and is remedied on my patched copy. I would suggest clearing cache and re dl and applying patch to see if that helps. Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm playin AA with the interception slider lowered a bit and it's still rough. DB's keep deflecting the balls like crazy. Of course there's a couple plays that work every time so I just don't call them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »