Home

Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

This is a discussion on Ran into my first nano blitzer last night within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #33
Rookie

CornfedChris's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

simple i form stretch play to the right beats it. just tried it
Go Lions!
Go Red-Wings!

Follow me on Twitter: @ChrisStockton9
Old 07-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 8

Just simulated it myself in a "Play Now" game, I was playing as UVA @ Alabama. It definitely can be beaten with the passing game and lead passing deep, or slants across the middle.

I gotta admit though, "cheezery" aside, dude found a pretty nasty blitz. You get a stud pass rushing DT and its tough. I caused havoc with lowly UVA against Bama at will on Heisman simulating this. That aside, Bama torched me too at times with slants.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornfedChris
You realize that by telling everyone how it was done, more ppl are gonna try doing it.
This. I'm getting in on it now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Press coverage is way too good in the game and it lets guys who cheese like that take advantage.

My 6'6 220 WR with an 87 OVR was being dominated by a 74 OVR 5-10 CB on go routes.

The one on one press coverage needs to be adjusted some.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornfedChris
simple i form stretch play to the right beats it. just tried it
In practice yes, you can have decent success with the HB search play out of I-form twins as long as the FB blocks the safety, but there are a couple key differences in game:

He would start out in a 4-3, so when he shifted the SS would become the ROLB and now is able to keep Demps from getting to the corner, and he would press the coverage, so the FS would be closer to the line.

The other factor is once you do that once, youre running into the boundary the next time
Old 07-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #38
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Any defensive play can be beaten.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #39
Rookie

CPT JPMorgan's Arena

OVR: 3

WOW! That is a pretty nasty blitz on its own, but I do get beat deep when it doesnt work. (In practice mode of course, without the other factors) The most success I had against it was with an Ace Spread - Slant Bubble. The CPU tore me to pieces with that play every time. Stretch plays seemed to work periodically too, but like you said... without the other factors. Don't know if youve tried the slant bubble, but might be worth a shot.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just plugged in two controllers and played around with this for a little while. Try the Shotgun-Bunch formation, any play where the TE (LB on 360) runs out to the right sideline. I was using Stick, but there are a number of other plays there that would probably work similarly.

The good thing here is that the deep safety is man to man on the TE, so he can't bump - and he's got a lot of ground to make up, so just throw the ball quickly and it's a guaranteed 5-7 yards. If the WRs peel off and get a block on the safety you'll get a huge gain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »