Home

Your Experience with Coaching Carousel?

This is a discussion on Your Experience with Coaching Carousel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #41
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Your Experience with Coaching Carousel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synjin
If you keep doing really well for the school, the HC will never get fired. Hopefully he's old!

You might have just had bad luck with a lot of the schools you wanted a job having HC's that still had years to go on their contracts and/or the HCs not doing bad enough to get fired. Took me until my 7th season to get the HC job at FSU. I started as a DC at North Texas for 3 seasons of misery, went to Louiville as a DC for season 4, then the HC at UVA for 3 seasons before I got lucky and FSU refused to rehire Jimbo Fisher, and then offered me the job.
Yeah there is nothing more for me at Florida State, The HC is an A prestige, so I don't see him getting fired. Hopefully some luck comes my way and some big name coached get fired, haha

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #42
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
My expectations were shot down big time

I thought for sure I'd get some major conference HC offers, but the only one I got was 0-12 Vanderbilt, and a bunch of others at crappy Sun Belt, MAC, and WAC schools. And a bunch of random DC offers.

Ended up back at FSU for 2 years. I hope I'm not doomed to be a coordinator forever
yeah i hate to say i saw that comin......

your exact experience is my biggest problem with CC and the game in general. love the idea of cc, but it's execution wasn't the greatest. thought they would fix it in a patch. well maybe they'll improve it for nextg yr's version.

i'm a defender of this game and don't usually bad mouth it but this one got to me this year.
Chicago White Sox
Old 08-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I've really enjoyed CC. Of course it's not perfect, but it's added a lot to my dynasty. Playing as a coordinator (offense for me) has been a blast.

Year 1 - OC at North Texas. 7-6 record
Year 2 - Took the Baylor job as OC and we went 9-4
Year 3 - Had a head coaching job at Georgia, which I declined (a huge mistake) and I stayed at Baylor. 9-4
Year 4 - Only head coaching offers I received were 1 or 2* teams. Best offer I got was to move to TCU as OC. I took that spot and we are currently 3-0 and ranked 9th in the nation and we moved to the Big East.

I simmed ahead just messing around and the only schools that offer me are 1 and 2* star programs. I should have took the Georgia job when I had the chance. They were a 4* program.

Hopefully when I play out the season at TCU (maybe a National Championship) I'll get some solid head coaching jobs.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Mine was terrible, and I'd like to warn anyone who dares use a school with a low prestige coach.

I used Michigan, which is a 5-star school but has a D+ prestige coach. I posted the following records in my three years:

9-4
10-3
10-3

I finished the last two seasons in the top ten. One of my two recruiting classes was ranked number one in the country. I won all three bowl games, and had a winning record against rivals in all three seasons. And yet, I was fired as fast as Rich Rodriguez was, with 11 completed goals, 4 failed goals (worth 5 notches total), and 67% security.

If that wasn't incredibly stupid enough, I then went into the coaching carousel, where I discovered that with my D+ prestige, I would not be offered A SINGLE HEAD COACHING JOB. That is, after those three years at Michigan, the best offer I could get was DC at Pittsburgh.

Therefore I present that Coaching Carousel is absurdly broken, at least for low prestige coaches at high star schools, and maybe for all low prestige coaches. This was totally unfair and totally ruined my dynasty (it saves before it even tells you that you are fired. I know I could have been more careful, but getting fired was a shock.)
Old 08-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
See, I dont like that. If I bring Arizona to 6 stars I would expect to be high on the list for UF/Bama/OSU if their coach leaves. Those are clearly better programs regardless of prestige rating
Yeah, but how often in a decade did these colleges hire a new coach in the game? Assuming the coaches did decent it won't be often. Let's say 5 new coaches in a decade for those 3? And that's a lot imo. Would it be so weird that in 2 or 3 of those 5 cases you're not considered as a coach? Or not approach you because you are still under contract? That could and would happen in real life as well imo.
As for the lower ranked teams imo it seems plausible that these colleges don't offer you a contract when you are still under contract to a 6* programm. That doesn't seem like something that would happen often in real world.

As for when you quit your job at the 6* programm, then imo most 3&4*, many of the 5* programms and some of the 6* programms that are looking for a new coach should offer you a job. But then again, it isn't that there are so many teams looking for a new coach each year. So you might end up with like 5 real offers for HC in such a situation in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #46
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6

I've actually enjoyed my CC experience. I started at ULM as an OC and after a 9-4 season I went to Baylor as the OC. We won the Fiesta Bowl and I took the HC job at UCLA (which now is a 1-star school). A couple things that I saw while job hunting.

Coach prestige vs. School prestige matter. A lot of coaches got fired in my year 2, but I had to wait down the line for about 10 of them before I got offered my first one. One star schools offered me HC jobs while 3 star schools seemed to be the ones offering me OC jobs. I had a B prestige rating at that time. I have an A+ rating now so we'll see what happens, but I'll probably just stay at UCLA. My expectation is that next I'll have 2-3 star prestige HC jobs available to me next CC.

How many HC jobs are available matters as well. I thought there would only be a few, but it turned out there were 20 HC jobs that were lost in year 2. Just be patient and the good ones will come. I expect Florida and Texas to be available next year as they will probably drop down to 4 star schools. For whatever reason, they can't seem to put it together.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

After 2 seasons as Ohio State OC, I left to become Florida OC, and after one year the HC was fired and I was offered the job. So now I'm Florida HC. Nice.

HC Record 24-3 - Sugar Bowl Win/1BCS Title
Florida, #6 USF (Current) 14-0

Most Recent Game: USF 70 vs Toledo 28 BCS NC Game

Old 08-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #48
Rookie

If you don't like the Coaching Carousel, just turn it off and have offers like last year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »