Home

Sick Of!!

This is a discussion on Sick Of!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #33
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Sick Of!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This is a MAJOR difference than what is happening in the game. This was a simple "right place - right time". He handed the outside WR off to the safety and broke to give short help. Just so happened as he is coming around he sees the WR running the out route preparing for the catch so he rotates around really quick for the pick.

Here is the key......he did not ADJUST to the ball the moment it was in the air. He did NOT know the ball was thrown until AFTER he got his eyes around to it.

So comparing that and what is happening in game is extremely short sighted. You are comparing a once in a career play of right place right time. To something that happens play after play after play in NCAA 12 by ALL defenders.

So long story short no human being can see in back in his and adjust to passes he has yet to see. This happens in the game all the time and DOES effect gameplay. The Samuel play was nothing more than a excellent defensive play call combined with a excellent play by Samuel.
That is why it is possible.

Not probable.

There is a very important difference in the two words.

Plus, I have already stated it happens more than it should. So in a way I am agreeing with everyone. I am providing stuff that may support the other side as a possible reason to why it is like that. But doesn't mean I agree with it.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #34
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Rush22
How are those fixed, I don't think they are fixed
Many would beg to differ.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 25

I don't think the Asante Samuel clip relates to this issue very much. In the clip Asnate sees the receiver and gambles based on his knowledge of common route combination's and is in the right place at the right time.

What happens in the NCAA 12 example videos is the DB's react to things with zero visual cues. For example the video with the DB stumbling and headed towards the sideline. What could he possible see that would make him aware of the receivers position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #36
Rookie

lancedirk13's Arena

OVR: 0
I still can't believe people try to defend crap like this. Do you want a better game next year? We have to be critical here. We have to hold the developers to the highest standards. Who else is going to do it? I don't see any other football games on the market. I believe it's our duty to be as critical as we can be. It's the only way things will be improved.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #37
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

EA really FUBAR'ed the DB actions and animations. The bump & run is outstanding but after that everything goes to hell to the extreme. DB's either go Forrest Gump and play completely braindead or more often grow eyes in the back of their heads or develop "Spidey sense".

Really needs to be tuned in future releases.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

That Asante clip has nothing to do with anything lmao.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancedirk13
I still can't believe people try to defend crap like this. Do you want a better game next year? We have to be critical here. We have to hold the developers to the highest standards. Who else is going to do it? I don't see any other football games on the market. I believe it's our duty to be as critical as we can be. It's the only way things will be improved.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I agree Lance, I don't understand it either. I am not bashing the game. Hell I like the game a lot and want to enjoy it even more by hoping some of these issues are fixed. It will only make a better product. So we show these issues, EA then can come across that this is a problem and look into resolving it.

No one here is bashing, we are saying that this is a area that SHOULD be looked into. Because it is not realistic and hurts gameplay. So by improving on this area we are improving the game we all love and further making the game more realistic. I think that is a win win
Old 08-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
That is why it is possible.

Not probable.

There is a very important difference in the two words.

Plus, I have already stated it happens more than it should. So in a way I am agreeing with everyone. I am providing stuff that may support the other side as a possible reason to why it is like that. But doesn't mean I agree with it.
I see what you saying but there is only one way to look at it. Does this look like a true human reaction??

Point is that the moment you press the button corresponding to the WR you want to throw to. The defense will adjust to the location of where the ball is headed like in the above video. It hurts gameplay because true real world football strategy is hampered because you can't correctly read a defense how it would happen in real life and make correct read. You instead have to assess each WR determining which one has least amount of chance for a defender to close in on location pass would be headed.

Here is a very rough example of how it hurts gameplay.
  • Right Outside WR is running streak
  • Cornerback plays bump and is beat off line of scrimmage
  • Inside slot WR is running post which will draw safety towards middle of field

Even with this perfect play setup and knowing you should be able to lob the ball up deep and have a foot race for the deep ball between the WR and CB. In NCAA 12 you still have to contend with the SS, the moment you press the pass button he will immediately roll off the slot WR and start heading towards the outside WR's ball location. Thus taking the strategy away from the "correct read". Thus making the passing game more difficult and less realistic to what we see on game day.

Last edited by Phobia; 08-11-2011 at 04:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »